Expecting #1 positive thinking buddies, sticking together!

Thanks swampmaiden, aw sounds like your mother in law is just excited for you :) 11 weeks is pretty safe now so I think you'll be right.

My mum and I are very close so I feel like I should tell her but it's still so early... Don't want her getting her hopes up. Definitely will be waiting a long time before announcing to the in laws tho. I think I feel nervous and weird about telling my dad and older brothers cos it's basically openly admitting I have sex haha even though I'm sure they know this it's not a topic we discuss haha

Swampmaiden, I am with you all the way on the MIL thing. My MIL and I have a mutual hatred for each other though. She's so toxic. Like literally is so childish and calls me "four eyes" or "blonde bimbo" on Facebook thinking I won't find out what she says and has told OH that "she's not the prettiest of girls. You can do much better it's not too late to change your mind!"

Anyway, she moved to Australia 5 years ago and is coming back mid September for a "surprise" visit (she thinks it's a surprise but we found out through the grapevine) and I really really don't want to tell her until I'm 12 weeks but by then we think she may have returned and she'll never forgive my OH if we kept it secret from her the whole time she was over.

But I just know that, God forbid, if the worst was to happen, she would be so happy and smug about it and I wouldn't be able to cope with her being like that.

Hello ladies. I can't quite believe I am posting in here bit after 7 long months I this I have gotten my bfp. I am only 10dpo today so am still very cautious and really wanting to get af due date out of the way!! I am looking forward to chatting with all of you ladies, catching up with those I met over on TTC boards and meeting new people also!

Just a quick question... When did you all inform your doctor of your bfp? Was it as soon as you tested or did you wait? What did they do in the appointment? I am wondering whether to make one for tomorrow as I have the day off work. X

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 3
Yay hanr! :happydance:

Well, I still haven't gone to see my doctor yet and I got my BFP last saturday so over a week ago now. I might go one day this week……

Swampmaiden, I am with you all the way on the MIL thing. My MIL and I have a mutual hatred for each other though. She's so toxic. Like literally is so childish and calls me "four eyes" or "blonde bimbo" on Facebook thinking I won't find out what she says and has told OH that "she's not the prettiest of girls. You can do much better it's not too late to change your mind!"

Anyway, she moved to Australia 5 years ago and is coming back mid September for a "surprise" visit (she thinks it's a surprise but we found out through the grapevine) and I really really don't want to tell her until I'm 12 weeks but by then we think she may have returned and she'll never forgive my OH if we kept it secret from her the whole time she was over.

But I just know that, God forbid, if the worst was to happen, she would be so happy and smug about it and I wouldn't be able to cope with her being like that.

WHAT! What a horrible lady! So sorry you have such a nasty mother in law. Hopefully once you tell her you're pregnant with her grandchild her attitude will change xx

In Iceland! Have to wait 90mins for our rental car. Yay free airport WiFi!

I told my bff only. DH told 2 friends and a coworker (kind of annoying). I hope they all keep their mouths shut.

I wanted to tell my bff because even if something goes wrong I will need her support. Plus she has 2 kids so she knows what's up.

Oh and as for doctor - I called mine the next day but she was on vacation so I'm waiting.

Samantha - I doubt she'll ever change to be honest!

As for telling my doctor, I booked in as soon as I could! I was so anxious that I was hoping to get bloods done but labs refused them anyway!

I waited a bit to go see my family doctor, as I wanted my iron levels checked, and I knew I didn't really need to go see her if I was going the midwife route.

Called the midwives as soon as I got back to town (found out I was pregnant while out of town on training), and got an appointment for mid-September, so at that point I knew I didn't really need to go see my family doctor, but did anyway.

Some of your inlaws sound horrible. Thankfully I get along okay with mine, so immediate family found out pretty early (I think I was just slightly passed the 4-week mark). A few people have found out since then, but I'm pretty much waiting for my first u/s until I make it official for everyone.

Thank you ladies, that is so helpful! I think I will book in for an appointment tomorrow. I think i just want the doctor to know so that it feels more 'real'!

Weshgem - That's awful about your MIL, poor you! I am sure she will change her opinion when you make your announcement!

I think i need to read through the whole of this thread to catch up with you all, I will get onto it now :) x

Hey everyone!! We had our first doctors appt last Monday (8weeks) and saw the heartbeat flickering away on the ultrasound (only bc she didn't find it on the Doppler... Hopefully bc it early) I have told two of my best friends, but no family yet! We were thinking about telling them today ☺️☺️ (I will be 9 weeks tomorrow) and then announcing it on Facebook around 12-13 weeks. I have had pretty bad nausea since week 6, vomiting started at week 7... My doctor prescribed me diclegis and it has been helping so much! It has the b6 in it so I'm sure that's one of the main reasons it's working. I'm glad all of you ladies are doing good! It's hard to keep up with everything! Have a great Labor Day weekend!

Hi Mama - let us know how it goes if you do decide to tell them!

So far I've told my middle sister but only because she was hounding me about going to fitness classes with her and I couldn't come up with a decent excuse! I'm seeing my pregnant best friend on Tuesday so I will probably tell her then and then I'll tell my younger sister and parents weekend after next when I'm 7 weeks. It's my younger sisters baby shower next weekend so don't want to overshadow that.

Hanrh I'm so happy to see you here!!! Congrats!!!
As for doc I had an appointment already with my ob so I just told her about it and she put me down for the 8 week one.

Those in laws sound dreadful! I'm sorry you have to deal with that.

Only people I've told is my boss (cause I showed up late because of throwing up lol) and my bio teacher cause we do lab and I wanted her to know in case we would be working with something toxic or unsafe. Other than that I might cave and tell someone on Friday after the ultrasound but for the most part were waiting until 12 weeks.

Mint - I just looked up the vitamins you take, they sound awesome!

Samantha - We told my older sister at a little over 4 weeks. She's been there for me through all of the TTC and she knew when AF was due so I knew she'd be asking and there is no way I could lie to her. My two close friends knew pretty soon too because I knew I'd need their support no matter what. We then told my mom and the rest of my siblings (I'm one of 8) at 6 weeks because it was my mom's birthday plus I knew that even though it was early, I'd want and need their support no matter what too. Since then we haven't told anyone though. We're waiting until after the u/s to tell others, mainly because chances for twins are high and I don't want to be badgered by people, I'd rather have the u/s and be able to be like NO or if it is... then at least not have people joking and teasing me that it might be twins. I'll be almost 8.5 weeks when we get the u/s. I'd wait until closer to 10 weeks but its been a challenge getting DH to wait until the u/s so I already told him after then he has the go ahead to spill the beans lol.

Welsh - I would lose my cool if my MIL was that bad. I thought mine was bad.... I strongly dislike her for many reasons, but I really feel for you! Please let us know how her visit goes. I'll be thinking of you!

Hanrh - I got a BFP at 10dpo so I waited a few days until AF was officially late then I notified my doctor so that they could confirm the pregnancy and get my referral to the OB started.

Mint - YAY for Iceland! Enjoy your trip!

Mama - Welcome! That's great that your doctor was able to give you something to help! Do you know what else the Diclegis has in it besides the B6? I wonder if my doc would give me that... I might have to ask at my appt.

Mama - Welcome! That's great that your doctor was able to give you something to help! Do you know what else the Diclegis has in it besides the B6? I wonder if my doc would give me that... I might have to ask at my appt.

I've heard Diclegis has a form of vitamin B6 in it as well as an antihistamine.

Sweetbliss it's pretty much a mix of the b6 and the antihistamine that is in unisom sleep aids! It's a new medicine, which made me slightly nervous but my best friend is a nurse and did all kinds of research on it for me, so that's comforting.

We told both sets of parents today :) my in laws cried bc they were so happy and my parents were excited too. My mom kind of suspected it so she asked me before she opened her surprise if I was pregnant lol and my sister said she knew too.. Apparently I look away when I'm lying and I guess I have a weird smile when people would ask when we were going to have one lol oops!

welcome new ladies with your BFPs!! so exciting!!!

welshgem.. my opinion is to NOT tell your MIL and to wait until the 12 week mark like you originally wanted. So what if she gets upset that you kept it from her, I mean why wouldnt you if she acts like such a b*tch on facebook and treats you with such disrespect? I know its more magnanimous to turn the other cheek and kill people with kindness (which just comes across as passive aggressive to me) but this is YOUR pregnancy and YOUR future, and if, god forbid, something were to go wrong and you lost the pregnancy, would you really want to deal with her attitude/opinion about it for the next several decades? Just wait, she can find out with the rest of everyone else when there is less risk involved. Think of it this way: her bugging DH about not telling her first thing but having the baby to overshadow that down the line, or her being a smug told-you-so in the face of your loss and forever blaming you for it?
JUST my opinion.. not trying to judge or anything, but based on my own experiences, thats probably what Id do.. since you were asking :)

I like your thinking swampmaiden; I think I'm going to give her the first 2 weeks of her arrival to see how she behaves and if I get one snide comment from her then I'm putting my foot down and not telling her until the 12 week mark.

Let's just hope I'm not showing too much by then! I can imagine the "you've got fat" remarks already!!

Oh my so much catching up I can't do all of it! Life is just crazy busy lately, I wish I could be more up on what's going on with you all.

Welshgem I can't even believe your MIL! Gosh I'm sorry, sounds so horrible to have someone so toxic in your life.

Hanrh congratulations!! I'm sooo happy to see you over here from the TTC thread!

I can't wait for my first appointment next Monday! I don't think I'll even get an u/s but I just want some kind of positive confirmation whatever that is. I get nervous because i feel like i should have vomited by now, as gross as that is. But the nausea hasnt really been too horrible...just hoping thats not a bad thing.

Woohoo Klink! That means we're due the same day :happydance::dance:

Welcome and Congrats BSelck!! I'm so happy to see another mommy get her :bfp: H&H9 to u! Lots of :dust: for your sticky bean hun

Mint, I know you're on :cloud9: with those darkening lines. I think I would still be testing if I wasn't at the doctors every other day lol

Speaking of which, the bleeding and clotting came back ladies :( so I'm back at the hospital. All seems to be fine though, I got a chance to hear him on the midwife's Doppler!! The good news is once you can detect the HB on the Doppler, the chances of Miscarriage is extremely slim to none! The bad news is I could bleed my ENTIRE pregnancy due to the Subchorionic Hemorrhage, which isn't as big as some women's but it scares me! That's not something I'm looking forward to at all. At least, in the process I can hear the HB. The on call midwife actually let me record it on my phone. I wish I could load audio on here. I can't wait for my hubby to get home. Hopefully that'll persuade him to buy one for us :smug:

Anyway, how is everyone today? Any new symptoms??

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!! I am so excited to be back on this forum and have the support of you ladies!

As I approach my 7th week, here is an update on my symptoms:
1. Extremely sore nipples!!
2. Exhaustion (like I have been taking naps lol)
3. Constantly having to pee (and then barely any comes out)
4. As my DH will tell you, I've been slightly moody! (not that I will every admit too) Just emotional :0

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->