Expecting #1 positive thinking buddies, sticking together!

That is awesome Karen! Hopefully that's your sticky bean then! :)
And I really like the nursery picture it looks so warm and welcoming! :)
I think I woke up with bad cramps last night, don't laugh at me, but idk if I did or if I was dreaming. If I did then I fell right back asleep and no blood this morning. But maybe it was constipation cramping :/ I don't know...
Did anyone else's cramps kind of disappear? I hope they come back today. But my boobs get more sore every day, not as bad as everyone is describing it though. Hope you ladies have a wonderful day! :)

My cramps come and go, klink, and sometimes they are more significant than others. I think what you're describing sounds normal. :)

From what I understand, cramps are only worrisome if they're accompanied by bleeding or a fever. Otherwise, they're just a side effect of the ligaments stretching in that area.

Anyone have any fun plans for the weekend?

Hey girls.
Hope you're all well. Being at work has really taken it out of me this week! And I'm getting so nauseous in the evenings. My house is an absolute hole!! Disgraceful. Hope you're all doing well? I haven't read back but I see nursery talk and that's a good sign!!
I love DD nursery. It's a small room but so pretty... When the new baby comes DD & DS will be swapping rooms which upsets me. If it's a girl it's going to be very pink and gorgeous! If it's a boy i have no idea and might cry abit at DD losing her girly princess room for something more neutral.

That is sooo cute Carly!!! Doesn't matter if it's small, that setup is awesome..that crib is nice, loving the white. I'm trying to find white here for my nursery if it's a girl, but I can't find any here, unless it's online :( Very beautiful though lady

Neat ideas, everyone, and sweet picture, carlyjade! :)

I met my OB today! She was very nice. I also got my beta hcg results. My level at 16/17 days past ovulation was 1620. It was higher than I was expecting! The doctor said it was a good number, so I'm more than satisfied. She told me to arrange for an ultrasound in the next 2 to 3 weeks. I can't wait!!!

Woohoo on the HCG level!! I know you are ecstatic :happydance: Nothing beats getting those results and having an awesome OB. I don't know why I can't get my betas yet, but they told me I had to wait until I was 8 weeks, which will be on 8/13 :( booooo lol. I hope my levels are that high...I'm so happy for you Karen, that's awesome!

That is awesome Karen! Hopefully that's your sticky bean then! :)
And I really like the nursery picture it looks so warm and welcoming! :)
I think I woke up with bad cramps last night, don't laugh at me, but idk if I did or if I was dreaming. If I did then I fell right back asleep and no blood this morning. But maybe it was constipation cramping :/ I don't know...
Did anyone else's cramps kind of disappear? I hope they come back today. But my boobs get more sore every day, not as bad as everyone is describing it though. Hope you ladies have a wonderful day! :)

Sadly, yes, but I don't want them to come back though because they DO feel like menstrual cramps and then I start thinking negative (i know it's stupid), but if it means everything's making room for my baby then I'll definitely deal with it. But if I had to prefer one (which sounds :wacko: lol) I would chose the nausea/morning sickness. The sore breasts have been a bit irritating, but not worse than the cramps. As long as I don't see blood though, I'll deal with all of it lol....

My cramps seem to come and go too, and feel like menstrual cramps... my boobs are sore but not screamingly so.. just not jumping around for me and Im fine. My lower back pain gets kinda intense, then lessens to just mild.. this morning its bad tho :(
No real nausea yet, just bad indigestion after everything I eat, lots of burping.. can't seem to drink enough water though I drink about 64 oz a day at least of pure water..

Weekend plans? lol... working 9 hour shifts both Saturday and Sunday... it sucks.. I really just want to be able to sleep in.. soooo tired...

How about you ladies?

I think I get my blood work done on the 11th :)
Yea my cramps have been gone all day from yesterday evening on. I hope they come back and if not I hope it's still a good sign :( My legs have started to hurt and I'm only 5 weeks tomorrow, I wonder how it will be when I'm 8 months pregnant :O
I don't have any plans for the weekend. Everyday is just like the other. I sit at my mom's, have breakfast with the kids, then when they are off to school and kindergarten I go on a walk with my dog, then wait for lunch, take my nap, wait for dinner, talk to my husband and off to bed I go. I guess the weekend will be the same.

Oh and since yesterday I deal with constipation lol. I've been bloated pretty much the entire time and my mom joked about me how I am already looking like I'm 4 months pregnant cause my belly is so bloated. :D

No plans for the weekend just yet, but I was supposed to go to my family's reunion Saturday, but my hubby has to work Saturday so we can't :(...I think we'll just go to another baseball game. Last week we went to one of the Minor League ones and it was sooo much fun. Better than the pros!! It's only like $10 USD per ticket so it'll be a cheap date haha! What about you Karen?

I've been bloated but it's been mostly gas. I have been having regular bowel movements, but the gas has been sort of out of control lol, oh and DEADLY! (TMI) I never knew I could smell like that :blush::haha:

Sorry you have to work such long weekend hours, swampmaiden! That stinks! :(

HopingCarter, a baseball game sounds fun! I love watching the Detroit Tigers, but haven't been over there in a while.

This Saturday, my uncle is having a bbq at his house for everyone on my mom's side of the family, so we are going to tell everyone. I'm so excited! After that, all the family will know, so we can start telling our close friends. It's all seeming more real now! :thumbup:

A bbq would be nice! How are you gonna tell them Karen? :)
Ouh yea HopingCarter, I've been passing gas like crazy too haha, didn't smell anything though :p

Yes a BBQ does sound fun. I wish I had your confidence though, Karen! We went to Bible Study last night, and he decided to tell my Pastor (who has been like a father to me since I started at the church) and of course I got super embarrassed b/c for one we haven't been married long at all and we're already expecting, but also I wanted to wait until after the 8 week scan so that we can have a higher chance of it being a success, but he is so excited and confident, he wants the world to know NOW!! I just don't know when I'm going to tell my relatives yet...

I think we all think too negative! At first I wanted to wait too before I tell people, but now I'm like whatever. There is nothing we can do if - god forbid - we would not have a sticky bean for whatever reason. And, yes it would be terrible but when I thought more about it I came to the conclusion that it probably doesn't matter then who knows and who doesn't. And there is nothing to be ashamed off, cause like I said before, no one can do anything about it, and if it happens it happens. I don't want to sound rude or anything, and I feel the same way you do, I am so anxious! But positive thoughts are helping us more than negative ones :)
Sometimes this forum also is like poison for my confidence. I read so much about miscarriages and missed miscarriages and all that stuff that I am truly becoming paranoid. :(
During the day I always think about how to deal with it when I have the scan and there's no hearbeat. Or I see a heartbeat and then at the 12 week scan the baby's heart is not beating.
Oh and I told all of DH side of the family but my side I only told my close family and grandma. And of course grandma spread the word to the extended family as well :wacko:
Let's have good thoughts everyone! We're all gonna have sticky beans! :)

You're not being rude, klink, and you're so right! There is a lot of unfortunate situations that happens to some people, and yes, it is inevitable, nothing you can do to stop it. But, this is where people come to talk about those things with people who are like-minded or who have been there. People to HELP you think positive when you're having those negative days. I know I have my days, thankfully right now I'm in a really good state of mind. I'm not NOT telling people b/c I'm embarrassed something would happen, it's having to tell the story of WHAT happened all over again, and having to relive that feeling of something lost that I fear b/c I know myself. Everyone's not a "it happened yesterday, it's in the past" type of person, so they need this site for that comfort. It's up to us if we put ourselves in that picture, and I admit, sometimes I do! Thanks to Karen, though (one of the most positive people on here no matter what she reads or sees online lol) I'm moving forward and thinking about future things, and visualizing how my baby IS going to look, and thinking of how I want the nursery. It's not that we intentionally make it negative, it's just a cry for help of something more reassuring, possibly from someone who's been there and overcame it, that's all. At least for me it is, idk

I am trying to hold on to every good sign and run with it, klink, but because I obssess over this pregnancy (since I FINALLY did get pregnant and this is #1 for me, plus I'm 28 y/o) I try and read every article on every symptom, pain, pull, gas bubble I feel lol. Sadly, there are going to be some negatives comments, but there are a lot of good ones too. I'm just learning to not get caught up in THE DARKNESS haha, and to believe God that he will give me a healthy baby in 8 months. It's a process though, and that's why I'm thankful for every woman on this site who has that confidence I sometimes lack..

Hey this Betas testing thing is really starting to frustrate me. The only time I got my HCGs taken was when I first found out I was pregnant at 4 weeks (116)! Now they flat out refuse to see me until 8/13!! Is there anything I can say or do that will make them draw sooner than that, I just want to be nosy and see where my level is now at 5 +1, and how much doubling it did lol!!

Ha I am the same way though, I google every little symptom lol
Well DH and I got into this huge fight over where our next assignment is gonna be and he just left the convo and shut of his phone so now he left me in tears (and I know that he knows for sure!) and leaves me to cry myself to sleep tonight. He said he can't do this right now cause he has a test tomorrow, so idk why he won't settle the argument instead just have it inbetween us? If this does any harm to the baby because of that, idk what I'm gonna do.

Honest to God, Klink, my DH is the same way!! OMG, and it's even worse because even though we live together, he COMPLETELY ignores me as if I'm not there, he just plays the game......until he figures out that he's wrong!! It hasn't happened lately, but I know when it does I'm not going to know how to act now that I'm pregnant!! I feel your pain though, b/c my hubby has that same type of selfish attitude and I know it's gonna come b/c that just how he gets when he's upset or irritated with me!!!

Men....

klink, I dont think you were being rude either... and yes, there IS a lot of darkness on these forums concerning miscarriage.. but where else can women go to talk about it? I certainly don't want to talk to my friends or family about it because not only is it a downer for them, they wouldn't even know how to respond. It's nice to have these forums to CO-miserate with others who have been through it, to share the stories of those who finally succeeded after so many failures or even to feel like our own situation isnt so bad compared to what others are going through.

As for spreading the news... yes, whatever will be will be.. sometimes its nice to share the news early so your family and friends can support you no matter what, but as for me... it's just too painful to have to talk about it face to face with people that care about me and its just awkward too... I don't like trite platitudes, nor being brushed off about my over reaction.. its a complicated scenario..

BUT I will add... i do like the forums for bitching, for reading about others bitching lol cuz yes positivity is great but it is kinda over rated sometimes ;)

And speaking of bitchin.. my husband comes home, tries to drop a kiss on my head as Im curled up reading, and i nearly ripped his head off for invading my space and interrupting my book lmao.. hows that for hormones? poor guy hahaha

Congrats hairftsher!!! When did u get your BFP?? How far along are you? Sorry to bombard you with the ?s, it's always nice to see a woman's dream coming into view. :dust: for your sticky bean

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->