Expecting #1 positive thinking buddies, sticking together!

Ooh I didn't know that swampmaiden! Even better :D

sweetbliss I don't know about the bloat, my guess is it'll get better after the first 12 weeks like everything else :haha:

Sweetbliss - totally with you on the bloat. My belly gets really hard by the end of the day, especially an hour or two after dinner and then by the morning it's gone.

Maggz - you must be so relieved to have had a scan now!

Mint - hope that volcano isn't giving you too much bother?!

As for me - I have made it to the 6 week mark. It's funny how your life revolves around dates now. If someone asked me how old I was in years/months/weeks I would only be able to tell you 29 and a bit! But here I am counting my baby's growth to the day!

You bet it felt good! Are you having a scan soon?

Yay for the great scan Maggz!
Congrats on six weeks welshgem! I know exactly what you mean - I heard someone else on here call first tri "the 12 week wait" because you hear so much about early losses and every week you think "okay maybe now it is a little safer..."

AFM,
We are outside the flood zone. FAR outside on an island called Grimsey that passes into the arctic circle. It is so peaceful here. I dread going back to NYC except for missing my dog! I definitely hope no one in the flood zone gets their homes flooded though!

My doctor NEVER called me back all week after I left 2 messages so I still have no date for first appointment.

Hubby and I agreed to stay team yellow. We allowed ourself to buy a tiny orange hat and turquoise baby blanket.

Also, I wish I never wondered why I didn't have sore boobs yet. Ouch!

You bet it felt good! Are you having a scan soon?

Not yet unfortunately maggz. My first scan will be at the 12-week mark so I'm halfway there! I could pay for a private scan earlier though which I'm contemplating.

Congrats on the great scan, Maggz!

As for bloating, I was pretty bloated in early pregnancy, but I found it tapered off eventually. I don't remember exactly when; maybe around the 7 or 8 week mark?

I've been sooo emotional this week. I feel like hormones are spiking again or something. I've been super happy, sad, scared, annoyed, worried...argh. No fun, lol.

Has anyone been keeping track of their belly progress? I always loved seeing people's growing bump pictures on facebook so my husband and I decided to take pictures of my belly each Wednesday to see how it's coming along. Anyone else doing anything like that? I just think it is so cute to see! :)

Welsh - congrats on the 6-week mark! I know I celebrated that one too because it meant it wasn't a chemical pregnancy. According to a book I read, after week 9, the mc rate really drops down (to about 3% I think) so you're almost there. I know I'm really excited to be reaching 9 weeks tomorrow. That also means my first u/s will be soon hopefully!

Karen - I've thought of tracking my belly, but haven't really come up with a way of doing it yet. Was thinking I might get some bristol board and draw a line around my belly every month, and take a picture with the month showing. Only problem is I am now in month 3 and haven't done it yet. I have to get on that now!

Maggz - that u/s looks great. Can't wait until I get mine! :happydance:

And for everyone else, an update. I talked to my naturopath as my nausea and constipation was pretty bad even though I was eating regularly and taking my prenatal - I had horrible cramps at night - sorry, maybe TMI. I know I have had nausea issues with certain forms of iron, so in consultation with her, I have switched back to my regular multi at a lower dose plus my B complex, and will be adding iron (a form I know I tolerate well) once every two days next week. So far, the constipation is way better, and my sleep has improved. I'm hoping the iron won't throw everything back into chaos. So far, out of the last three days, two have been good for nausea, so fxed!

Maggz - Nice scan I am happy that you got one :)

welshgem - Yay for 6 weeks! I love every single day I progress! :)

Karen - I took like one or two pictures, but I'll start to take regular pics infront of a white wall probably tomorrow morning as the bloat is not there then lol

I am still bloated and I am 11 weeks I hope the bloat goes away by next week.

lacanadienne - Glad that your constipation and sleep got better :) I had some sleeping problems lately too but that was mostly because I had to get up like 3 or 4 times at night to go pee lol

Nice scan pic Maggz! Congrats!

I'm also feeling much better today, except for feeling lil nauseous in the morning. Hope the medicines are working :happydance:

Also, did any of you have an FTS blood work around 11wk? Dr. had asked me to come for that between 9-13 Sep and will also do a quick U/S at that time. And NT scan between 23-26 Sep. I just want to know what it is and what should I expect.

Welsh - Congrats on the 6 week mark! Every week calls for a celebration :)

Mint - Glad you're safe! I sure hope your doctor will call you back soon or that you can get a hold of them as soon as you get back! I can't imagine staying team yellow! My curiosity always gets the best of me haha. I really don't think DH could wait the entire time either!

Karen - I hope it tapers off soon. I'm 8w+1 and it is ridiculous. I've been keeping track of mine, not that there is anything to see yet haha. Weeks 4-7 are on my blog and I took week 8 and just have to post it when I get the energy lol. I know there is really no difference in any of them right now especially since I am sure to take the pic before I eat so it isn't showing bloat, but I'll be glad to have them one day I'm sure.

Lacanadienne - So glad that you're feeling better! I hope it stays that way.

SanJan - I haven't met with my doctor at all so I don't know about the bloodwork, sorry!

I've been feeling so sick today. I'm really hoping it isn't the nausea coming back full force but I can't help but be afraid it is. I'm trying to take it easy and just hope this passes.

:( I really hope for you that it's not MS coming back fast and furious!

SanJan - I don't know what that bloodwork is for, the only one I got was when I was seen for my 8 week appointment which they did an HIV test, and test me also for cystic fibrosis. And the NT scan is to measure the space behind the neck as far as I know to see if there's an indicator for a chromosomal abnormally.

Maggz, beautiful scan!! That is really so exciting and must be soo relieving to see the heartbeat! I can't even wait for that.
I (stupidly) read something about miscairrage that said it's often pre-figured at the first prenatal appointment when the doc can't find a sac and heartbeat...just got me all freaked out for my appointment Monday and wondering how much of a wreck I'd be if the baby wasn't growing. Buuut I'm trying to keep the POSITIVE thinking now! It's gonna be fine!

Sweetbliss I hope you don't get really sick again! Ms really does suck :(

Karen I haven't started belly pictures yet, but I think I'll start tomorrow when I'm 8 weeks. Not that there's anything to see...but oh well! My mom and aunts didn't show until like 5 months so I'm not expecting to see anything for quite a while. (Except at night when I feel/look like a bloated beached whale)!

Lacanadienne I'm glad you're feeling better! I've had constipation too and it's really not fun.

I can't remember who it was that asked about the progress pics... I finally got around to uploading my latest to the blog. There really isn't anything but bloat to share...sorry its so big, I'm not sure how to make them smaller.

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-xkdxEbLquyM/U-vk8fZ4ybI/AAAAAAAAE5g/MxJFbzP-R0o/s1600/DSC_0411ew.jpg

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-yBexqfne0cI/VAvPl9buLwI/AAAAAAAAE68/k3pk-ycZ6cI/s1600/DSC_0564e.jpg

Thanks mia! Yeah we were so relieved! I'm sure everything's fine with you too, we read way too much bad stuff online :haha:

sweetbliss I like the pics! That's a cool way to take them.

As for progress pics I don't think I'll start them yet. There really isn't anything to show but I did take one for reference when I was 5 weeks so when I start them up I'll have something to compare to ;) I'm thinking of starting at maybe 10 or 12 weeks. I don't know about the style though! We have a big blackboard painted closet door in one of our rooms but I suck at making cute fonts and stuff and also there's so many people that do that now haha... Any ideas?

Hi Ladies. Flying back to the US tonight.
Have not had WiFi for a day or two.

Sweetibliss - I hope the sickness passes soon.
Mia - good luck on your appointment tomorrow! Positive energy your way that all is well!

Don't think I will take progression pics - just some bump pics when it gets big.

AFM,
Had some scary bleeding yesterday - thought for sure I was losing the baby and cried when I came out of the gas station bathroom. Medium amount of brown and pink blood. But only a few drops of brown since then and it seems to have stopped now so I am hopeful again that everything is okay!

Oh man, Mint - that sounds so scary. Hopefully you can get an appointment soon to check that everything is fine.

Thanks. I am back home now. No more bleeding since then. Boobs are super sore and I just got 3+ weeks on a digi so yay!
I really hope I can finally get my doctor on the phone tomorrow though!

Mint, couldve just been old implantation blood working it way out. I bled around 5.5/6 weeks for a day or two, really light... and my midwife said that was probably the case.. it just takes awhile to work its way out since the womb is sealed up pretty tight

Hopefully you can get hold of that elusive doctor of yours Mint! If it was brown blood then I'm pretty sure you're safe as that indicates old blood.

AFM - I'm so jealous of you ladies getting these scans that I've booked myself an early scan with a private company at the 8-week mark. £100 but I just want some reassurance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->