Expecting #1 positive thinking buddies, sticking together!

sweetbliss - yup tomorrow is the day! 15 hours and counting! Super excited but glad I haven't had time to think about it that much though, been pretty busy with school stuff. Yours is Monday, right? We're so close we probably conceived within the same 2-3 days lol :)

klink glad to see you back! Hope you start feeling better, yeast infections are the worst.

I'll set up a fb group soon, and then post the link here for whoever wants to join :)

Will update hopefully with a picture tomorrow after my appointment! Just hoping everything's okay... fx

Good luck to Maggz and Klink on your scans. Fx for you both.

For me it's much better today. Feeling little queasy while eating, but otherwise fine. I hope this signals the end of MS :)

This is my u/s pic from today :) I am 11 weeks and 1 day and the baby is meassuring 11w5d :)
The bladder was huge cause it was full and meassured 7mm and baby would just not pee :haha: the doc tried to bounce baby and he/she was super active but did absolutely not want to pee so now I have to come back in 2 weeks to get the bladder meassured again. Just hope that everything will be fine and the bladder is gonna have a normal size :wacko:
And I might be able to find out the gender for sure then too, cause the doc said it looks like a girl to her now, but we can tell for sure in 2-3 weeks :happydance: so looks like we are having a girl though lol Heartbeat was 167bpm :) So I am pretty happy and relaxed now, especially since she (I'm just going to say that now lol ) was so super active and constantly moving :) Hope all of you have a great day!

Attachments

• 10656620_937489429610913_1705870020_n.jpg
    10656620_937489429610913_1705870020_n.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 6
That's an awesome scan pic Klink. Congrats :happydance:

Don't worry, the bladder size will be normal in the next scan :)

So nice that you guys can get to know the gender. Here, we don't have any option but to stay in :yellow: because it's illegal :(

I really hope so! So far I've read that 90% resolve on their own but I also read a bunch of horror stories :O I really hope everything will be fine. I have to wait 2 weeks though until they do another u/s so hopefully those two weeks will go by fast.

Whoo klink! Thanks for sharing the photo! So glad all is well and I hope the bladder will be normal next time, sure it will.

You can put me for May 11 - will change it if need be.

SanJan - where do you live? Will you be having ultrasounds? Sometimes if you look at the right time the gender will be obvious.

I'm from India! I'm planning to keep my eyes open for any sign right from the next scan(12w scan) :D

Klink, that's awesome about your ultrasound!!! That's great that baby is measuring so well. :)

Maggz, I hope your u/s will go great today, as well! Let us know! :thumbup:

I find myself feeling anxious waiting for my next one!! My first full ultrasound was at 8 weeks at the lab. Then, at 9 weeks, 5 days, my OB gave me a very quick one at my appointment with her; I'm not sure if it is a routine thing she'll do every time, or if she was just checking in because I had the UTI at the time. I asked her when she'd send me for my next u/s at the lab, hoping it would be 12 weeks, but she said not till 20! I don't want to wait 9 more weeks... that feels like forever.

My next appointment with her is Sept. 22, when I will be 13 weeks, 5 days. Do you think she will do another quick one that day? Or do you think it was a special case last time?

Klink beautiful picture! And a little girl, how amazing! Im sure youve got nothing to worry about with the bladder, try not to dwell on it.

Cant wait for your scan Maggz!

Karen that does seem strange that she quickly did one randomly but is now saying she'll wait until 20w. You could just ask her about it? Tell her if theres any way she's willing to do one sooner you'd really appreciate it.

I was feeling some moderate pain in my abdomen that made me nervous. It went away after about 2 hours and turned back into regular nausea, but it concerned me. I guess I'll just bring it up in my appointment Monday and see what the doctor says. Hoping some pains like that are just normal and part of the process.

Karen, not until week 20? That is a long time! :/ Maybe she'll do another one when you are 13 weeks just to check up on baby, at least that's what I hope for you!

I know and I read in 90% of the cases the problem resolves on its own, but my husband and I are sadly always in the 10% :( It just makes me so devastated to think there's something wrong with my little girl and there's nothing I can do, and most of the time when it's not resolving on its own, it doesn't turn out pretty. They give you the option to terminate the pregnancy but I don't think I could do that. I don't know. I'm just hoping and praying that my little one just had to pee really bad and didn't want to.

MiaGirl: I get that too sometimes and I think at first that it's my uterus but then it turns out I have to poop lol If it concerns you I'd bring it up too though. I hope it's nothing serious.

My puppy is doing good btw, she's just sleepy and in a lot of pain.

Aww, klink, I hope everything will resolve itself and turn out ok! I'm sorry, I mis-read that part of your post; I originally thought it said your bladder was really full. From a video I saw the other day, the baby is just starting to go pee for the first time around now, so hopefully it will happen soon! :hugs:

The best advice I can give is to try your best to avoid reading negative stories because it can really make the mind wander to a scary place! That happens with me. Whenever I see someone say they had a loss around the time that I currently am it makes me nervous, so I'm trying to avoid that from now on.

Best wishes!!

MiaGirl, sorry you've been having little pains! They are probably from growing and stretching, and the uterus pressing on the surrounding organs. But as others said, if you continue to feel concerned, it never hurts to get it checked out, for peace of mind. A friend from where I live told me my hospital has something called "OB Triage" where you can go, rather than the ER, because you'll be taken much faster, and the specific expertise is there. I had no idea! I don't know if this is the case in every hospital, but worth looking into! (Not saying I think you should go to the hospital, btw - just a piece of info for everyone as a worst-case scenario).

Thank you Karen! Yea I hope that she just collected a lot of urine and hasn't peed yet! I'm trying to think positive by looking up baby girl clothes and nursery stuff, even though we don't know for sure if it's a girl yet. But I didn't see a little wheenie so maybe it is a girl :)

hugs klink.. I agree with karen.. try not to dwell on it.. theres no point in going down the dark road of 'what ifs' .. I have to tell myself that everyday because after all my losses, i still cant quite believe this pregnancy is still happening.

Im getting mild cramps here and there too.. its a little worrisome, but I know its normal... just another thing to fret about

Also, yesterday when I was undressing in the bathroom for a shower, I noticed one of my nipples looked weird.. upon closer inspection, there was whitish yellow crusty stuff all around it!! I guess its not too soon to be leaking already?!
I mean, the nips have been really sore lately, but wow. The tips totally look different now too. I hope my first baby-buy wont have to be nursing pads to keep in my bra lol

Lovely scan Klink - I'm sure your bubba's bladder will be fine next time. Roll on 2 weeks time!

Is anyone finding time is really dragging? I just want this first trimester to be over with. I'm just on edge!

Oh and talk about on edge. Holy hormones! I was absolutely evil in work today; just about ready to throttle someone over the most minor thing!

Anyway, I told my best friend I was pregnant last night and she cried bless her. So obviously then I cried too!!

Thank you so much ladies! It means a lot! :hugs:

swampmaiden I read that it's normal to have nipple discharge. Hasn't happened to me yet but I'm sure when it happens I'll freak lol

welshgem - My bestie cried too lol She tells me everytime I send her a pic of the baby or my growing bump she has tears in her eyes lol

Karen, I think the 20-week u/s is pretty standard in Canada. They tend not to do too many. I've heard two or three in the entire pregnancy is normal unless there is an issue. You could go for a private one if they don't schedule one before then? I'm still waiting one and a half weeks for my first appointment to find out if my midwife will agree to send me to the lab for a dating u/s. I haven't had anything done yet. If she doesn't want to, I might look into a private lab just so I can see what's happening in there. From the limited research I've done, it should be around $100 for that option.

Klink, that is a beautiful u/s picture. It really looks like a baby now! As others have said, don't worry too much about the bladder.

SanJan, it's unfortunate that certain things are made illegal because of other people making decisions based on the sex of their baby. Maybe you will be able to spot the sex.

All right girls I finally had my scan!

Everything looked perfect, we saw the yolk sac and the baby, saw the heart beating on the monitor and then heard the heartbeat which was 160.
We got a picture and a bunch of baby magazines and cord blood banking booklets :haha:
I measured at 8w3d but she's just gonna keep my due date according to my LMP, which means I'm 8w1d and the due date is April 16th :D

Attachments

• 8wkus.jpg
    8wkus.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 9
yay maggz that pic looks great! I can see the double ring around the sac and everything, which means the embryo is has a very rich blood supply around it. Must be nice to finally breathe a sigh of relief over such a positive scan :)

Klink - That is an awesome picture! So neat that she was able to give you a really good idea of the gender. Like the other ladies said, I'm sure everything will be fine :) I hope the next 2 weeks go by fast for you! So glad your puppy is doing good too!

SanJan - I hope you are able to get a peak and take a guess!

Karen - It wouldn't hurt to ask for another one! I hope she doesn't make you wait until 20 weeks!

Mia - I'm sure it was growing pains, don't worry. I'm so excited for our appointments on Monday!

Swampmaiden - I think the discharge is normal. I've had discharge before when I wasn't pregnant. I think it has to do with the prolactin levels.

Welsh - Time is dragging! I am so anxious for the 2nd trimester :)

Maggz - That is a beautiful pic! So happy for you!

I'm so anxious and nervous about my appt on Monday morning. I just need to know if it is twins or not! I blame my sister for having twins and giving me this anxiety haha. When does the bloating stop though?! I am SO bloated after I eat, at the end of the day I could pass for 5-6 months pregnant! Is this going to end soon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->