Expecting #1 positive thinking buddies, sticking together!

So sorry you had that scare, Mint! It's an awful feeling. I too had some spotting of various colours from 5+2 through 5+4, but then it went away. My doctor said it could have been from physical exertion, and that it's pretty common. Hopefully it is all over for you!

MiaGirl, good luck with your appointment today! I'm sure it will go great. Let us know!! :thumbup:

sweetbliss, did I read correctly that you have one today, too? If so, good luck!!!

And cute photos! Much more artistic than mine! (Hopefully this upload worked, lol!)

Today I go back to my full school-year schedule. It's still not the standard "full time" work hours, but it's about double of what I worked over the summer, so I hope my body is up for it! Over the weekend, some of my symptoms seemed to come back in quite full force, and I almost threw up when I got up this morning. :/ Oh well, just taking it as reassurance that the babe is still growing well!

Here's a funny story to lighten a Monday morning!

Yesterday I announced to my church choir about the baby. This adorable and precocious 9 year old boy came up to me and my husband after Mass and had some advice for us. He told me, "Don't drink wine, because it will kill your baby, and maybe will kill you, and you're too young to die". LOL! But the best part is what he said to my husband: "Make her soup in the morning, buy her flowers, don't argue with her, and always be nice."

Bwahaha!!!

Attachments

• comparisons.jpg
    comparisons.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 20
Karen, that's a hilarious comment. Children come up with the darnedest things. Glad you're feeling confident enough to announce it at church. I'm still waiting for my u/s to do that. Had a few better days for nausea, but then almost threw up twice yesterday. I think it's worse when I'm tired.

At church, the priest's son and his wife are having twins so that should be exciting.

To everyone having appointments or scans, good luck! I'll let you know how my appointment goes next week, and if I have an u/s booked.

Karen, your pictures are awesome. I keep thinking to do this but keep putting it off.

Good luck to those with appt today! Look forward to hearing how they went.

Mint, hope you can get in touch with your doc today to ease your mind.

I'm finally a sweet pea!! :happydance: Also, couldn't help but start looking at baby stuff this weekend....okay diaper bags...I love bags. Major weakness, but I found these really cute ones by Ju-ju-be...little pricey but sound quite durable. Anyone else perusing future baby things?

Hope everyone has a happy Monday.

Mint - I'm glad you made it home safe and the spotting stopped! I really hope you can finally get in contact with your doctor.

Karen - Your pictures are awesome! Your bump is soooo cute!

Gator - I have a list of all the specific things I want :) I want a Ju Ju Be too, the Be Prepared to be exact haha

Our appointment this morning went awesome! :) Baby looks great! We got to see him/her actually moving around. It kind of blew my mind, I wasn't expecting to really see movement. The heart was flickering away at 184 bpm. DH and I are over the moon. Oh and there is definitely only ONE baby so now my fear of twins can subside and I can fully enjoy this without people teasing me about twins from here on out haha. I have a question though... WHY are the pictures they always give you so crappy compared to what you see on the ultrasound?! What we were able to see was so distinct and clear, like body, head, little limbs then we get the picture and I'm like whatttttt?! Why couldn't she have snapped it at a better moment haha none the less, I LOVE the 3 little pictures I got of our nugget. We'll get another u/s in about 3 weeks at the NT scan and all that. We opted to do it just so that we could be prepared in the long run :)

Here is our nugget though!
10494596_10154599076075188_5895639187466212915_n.jpg

Sweet bliss, the little nugget is still very cute even if the us tech was not able to take better pictures. Also, I was trying to decide which bag I would get...i was thinking the BFF just because it has the back pack option but I also like the space in the Be Prepared bag.

Can't wait for my visit in a few weeks...really hope they want a dating scan since I ovulated late in my cycle. Only 2 1/2 more weeks...

Karen - I like your progress pictures and I can see a baby bump at week 10 and 11 :)

Sweetbliss - Nice scan and yay for not having twins! ;)

Gator - Oh you have no idea, I've been looking at cribs and strollers since forever and still haven't found anything I like haha.

Quick update: Had to go to the OB today cause I woke up with weird cramps. Turns out that I probably have a slight UTI so now I get to take antibiotics for a week... The baby looked great and the bladder looked smaller. She didn't measure it but she compared it to the u/s pictures from friday and said that to her it looks much smaller and that there is nothing to worry about since the baby has a nasal bone and the neck translucency is normal as well. However, she still wants me to come in in 2 weeks just to make 100% sure. I am so relieved, even though she didn't measure it! Oh and I had my first pregnancy related throw-up today as well on the way home. And I felt sooooo much better afterwards! :D

sweetbliss, I'm so glad your ultrasound went so well! What a strong heartbeat your baby has! That's awesome!

klink, sorry you have a UTI - no fun! But, that's great that you were able to get some reassurance in the process. And yay for throwing up? LOL, that sounds so funny to say, but since it's a good sign, it is something to be oddly happy about, I think! I too threw up yesterday, pretty badly. It was only my second one, and the first one was mostly just stomach acid, so I think that was maybe my first real one, lol. Even though it felt awful, it made me happy. :)

Gator, I love looking at baby stuff, too! I've looked a lot online but haven't bought anything yet, other than the Batman and Montreal Canadiens stuff I got to surprise my hubby. My mom got us a cute safari themed play mat, where the baby lays on a mat and can play with the dangling animals above. Looks pretty cute!

Have a great day, everyone!! :hugs:

Karen your baby bump is so cute! I feel like you're lucky to get one this early so it looks real to you :)

Sorry klink and Karen about throwing up :( ick, it's really not fun! And I'm glad things are ok with the baby klink even with the UTI.

Sweetbliss, yaaaay!!! Beautiful scan and I'm so happy things are good!

I had suuuuch a long day yesterday was horribly nauseous, but the day was made perfect with my appointment! I was totally thrown off and not expecting it, but my OB ordered an u/s! I was so thankful I had DH come with me so he didn't miss it. It's the most beautiful image ever to me and I cried when I saw the flickering little heartbeat at 175bpm :) I'm so in love!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 7
Oh yay Miagirl! Look at that little jellybean! :)

And Karen, I love those playmats! I'll get one that's ocean themed with a plush killerwhale since those are my favorite animals :)

I don't know why I am so crampy :/ I hope it's just my bladder. Even though the baby got checked on this morning, it still kind of makes me nervous. Hopefull by tomorrow it's gone.

SweetBliss & MiaGirl : Awesome scans :) :happydance:

Karen & Klink - Happy for throwing up :O I wish I could say that too :( I begin my mornings with that :dohh:

Karen, nice bump pic!

Klink, so happy that you got some reassurance

Am so jealous of all the scan pics! Friday can't get here fast enough...

Haha I wasn't really happy about the throwing up part, I was happy that I felt so much better when it was over :)

And only 3 more days (European time) until friday :)

Great scan pic, and terrific heartbeat results, MiaGirl! Yay! :)

SanJan, I'm sure yours will be awesome on Friday, too! Can't wait to hear about it. :)

klink, I have been having some more cramps these past couple of days, too. Not painful, but just dull, off and on. My friend who is a doctor said some cramps can come from the growing uterus putting pressure on the bowels, so I'm thinking that's probably what mine are.

Ahh, and here is our latest due date list. Please let me know if I've missed you!

Due Date List

swampmaiden - March 18
Hoping Carter - March 25
Karen916 - March 25
Klink - March 26
Fellowes79 - March 29
SanJan - April 3
lacanadienne - April 12
Maggz - April 16
sweetbliss89 - April 17
MiaGirl - April 19
welshgem - May 2
Gator23 - May 4
Samanthatc - May 4
Mintastic - May 11
hanrh - May 14

Gator - You're right, the BFF is the backpack one and the one I want too! I always get their names mixed up haha. I hate the price but I think a good bag would be worth it in the long run. Your scan will be here before you know it! :)

Klink - Sorry you have a UTI but I'm glad they caught it and are treating it! That's awesome that they did another scan for you and that everything looked so good! I hope you start feeling better soon. I've been having cramps off and on but I think they are what Karen said, the uterus putting pressure on the bowels.

Mia - So glad they did an u/s for you! Baby looks great and that HB is awesome!

Yea that's what it could be. I think it's the uterus pushing on the bowels and the UTI. My doctor said that my uterus is in between my pubic bone and belly button. Makes sense since the baby is already measuring bigger.

Hey ladies. Only have a minute - more later but for now Karen you can put me for May 11 and just change it if my doc says otherwise.

I've officially joined the throw-up club today :( had some dry heaving in past days but it's progressed now. Sigh....remembering it's for good reason.

I've officially joined the throw-up club today :( had some dry heaving in past days but it's progressed now. Sigh....remembering it's for good reason.

Right there with you. Threw up for the first time tonight. It came out of the blue - I was feeling slightly nauseous, but had a few things to tend to, then all of a sudden my stomach muscles were contracting. Had one dry heave, then one throw up. Not the most pleasant experience. Trying to remember it's a good sign.

Oh, and by the way Sweetbliss and Miagirl, great scans. I hope I get mine soon - a week until my midwife appointment now!

Karen, how long did it take to book your first u/s (from the time you had your requisition)? Trying to get an idea of wait times in Canada.

Hello ladies!!

Just got back from my scan today... everything is great!!!

Saw the baby, it was sleeping, with a heartbeat of 150!! :happydance:

Im so relieved and happy!!

Congrats to all you with nice strong symptoms, can't wait to see everyone elses scans :)

Attachments

• IMAG0124.jpg
    IMAG0124.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 9
Ah! Love the scan swampmaiden!

Klink - will you be adding the edds to the front page?

Combination sorry you don't feel well/congrats to those joining the vomit brigade :)

afm, FINALLY got in touch with my doc today and got the names of 2 high-risk OBs she recommends for me. Will have to call tomorrow. Hope it isn't too tough to get an appointment!
Boobs still super sore. Aereolas are taking over.
Also today this thing has started where I feel like I am having hunger pangs no matter how much I eat, or maybe indigestion? But it has been pretty nonstop all day - the only time I don't feel it is while eating. I had some reflux too.
Also when I was in the grocery store I had to breathe through my mouth when I passed the seafood section because the smell was so so strong.
Even though it is still very early for me I really "felt pregnant" today with all those symptoms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->