Expecting #1 positive thinking buddies, sticking together!

Oh I feel you swampmaiden, my house is a mess. I wanted to clean today but ended up taking an almost 5 hour nap :O
Where do you feel your cramps and is it more stretching pains or like little twinges??
The only craving I have is taco bell and chocolate lol not a good combination.

HopingCarter, I'm not sure you'll see this now but I've been away from the site for a few days and came back to your incredibly sad news. I hope and pray that you and your DH get a bfp real soon.

I can't even begin to imagine what you're going through right now but just know that we will all be here for you if you need to talk it out xxx

Where do you feel your cramps and is it more stretching pains or like little twinges??

Sometimes its like a pulling sensation or twinges... but sometimes its also like a dull ache, kinda like right before your period when you feel that dull heaviness down there. Right now theres nothing going on, but the other night when I wondered if it was just regular cramps or actual movement, it felt like a warm throbbing type of twinge.. not even in Cramp category.

Its weird, theres been lots of feelings and other things going on down there.. and I hear its only going to pick up in frequency and intensity as the second trimester progresses.

As a side note.. my aunt craved taco bell crispy tacos during her pregnancy. I wonder whats in those things to inspire cravings lol

Swampmaiden and klink, I feel the same way about housework and my job. I just feel behind no matter what. I had a day off and I had to nap the first half bc it was necessary for my survival ;) and then I had to try to do what I could for what time was left before DH got home. At least we have clean underwear currently. :haha:

Sanjan, glad to hear that you are feeling a little better with meds.

I have yet to feel nauseous but I am so tired all the time. I also cannot seem to get a full nights sleep. I don't even always have to pee but just randomly wake up in the night. Which I guess is great for pondering baby names. :)

thats pretty funny, gator.. my husband actually did run outta underwear the other day.. but i think its because he obsessively changes them like 3 times a day lol

as for the sleep.. I feel ya on that one too.. the middle of the night, my sleep is very light and restless... then Im exhausted all morning long.. Im off today, and still in my pajamas.. ;)

I don't know I start to think it really comes from my bowels but what do I know. It hurts but not bad. And I still get like the period like growing pains but those are different. Just can't wait for the u/s next friday to get once again confirmed that everything is ok.

Klink, sorry you keep getting cramps and had to get a shot. Hopefully it will help though! I'm with you on the constipation train, it's very annoying and uncomfortable!

Karen and lacanadienne, I'm going to a wedding tomorrow as well! So funny, hope we all have a good time :thumbup:

Hanrh I'm glad you're joining in more :) and that's exciting about your appointment coming up!

Swamp maiden that's so funny about the gyros...like 3 nights ago the only thing I wanted to eat was a chicken gyro! Hubby was a dear and went out to get me one :) enjoy tonight!

Gator, I feel you on falling behind. That feels like the story of my life now :wacko:

I already have my next two ultrasounds scheduled now. A lady called me to schedule them because they've classified my pregnancy as "high risk." I had no idea why so I freaked out! She said it's because of my husband's family history, to which I breathed a sigh of relief. He's had 2 uncles who's wives miscarried because of chromosomal abnormalities. But I'm not worried about that for affecting us, it's distant from us and probably not even genetic. Guess it just means they'll check in on me more often now, and I'm ok with that!

Thank you! It doesn't even really feel like cramping I guess, just a little stabbing haha. And when I push down on my lower abdomen it hurts on both sides and (sorry for tmi) I pass a lot of gas so I think that might be it.

Weddings sound fun :) I've never been to one but my own, and that was only a court house and a little party after :) But we did have a wedding cake :)

Now all I read is gyros and now that's what I want and in Italy all the take out places are closed by now :(

I'm sorry that your pregnancy is considered hight risk :/ I hope that your little bean is ok! And hey, like you already said, at least you get more u/s probably :)

Having trouble focusing on replying to everyone because I'm just so giddy at the moment. Sorry! I haven't really allowed myself to get excited at all until now. Even now I am afraid to fully embrace it!
But we got to see "mugsy" (our ridiculous nickname for bean) moving around on a scan today!
She put me at 6 weeks exactly and my new edd is May 8.

https://i59.tinypic.com/6877fp.jpg

Mia - I am high-risk also and honestly glad to be getting such frequent scans and be monitored so closely. Although for me the medical issues are my own so I suppose I should be a little worried. My next scan is a "viability scan" (sounds so ominous...) in just two weeks! On Monday Sept 29th!
And I have another one already set up for Oct 21st as well.

Going to the doctor really just made everything feel so exciting and real!

As for boobs, mine are so sore that I actually ordered these special boob-shaped ice packs (used for nursing usually), they really provide relief at night!

I am also craving taco bell. I gave in to it a few nights ago but I only allowed myself one grilled chicken soft taco as I looked up the nutrition info and it was one of the least terrible. Of course...now I want gyros.

I am excited for everyone's appointments coming up soon!

What a wonderful scan mint! And you have all the right in the world to be excited! I was like that before and was not sure if I should be excited yet and all that stuff but then I though, to be honest? Why not? It's a wonderful thing and for me it was hard to contain my excitement :)

I've been feeling some of that little stabbing pain today too klink. For me I'm pretty sure it's gas.. :/ Just uncomfortable. Sorry you can't get the food you want now :( but get it as soon as you can!

Mint that's so great you had a lovely scan! I'd be totally excited now if I were you, and I think it's ok to be! Yeah my 8 wk u/s was done for viability and I thought it was strange they were doing it. But now hearing I'm high risk it makes sense why they did it. I just don't like the term high risk. You'd think they could come up with something less ominous to call it!

Oh my gosh I'd eat some Taco Bell now too. But gonna try and stand firm on this one. Maybe we should start just sharing any healthy things we crave! Haha if that ever happens...

Hey ladies

Sorry to gate crash I just wanted to say congrats and it's totally normal to worry constantly!!!

I had horrific morning sickness from week 5.5 and THE worse tummy cramps that scared the life out of me (turns out they were digestion/gas related).

You would know if it was bad pain as it would be very different to bowel pain. Although we all worry about it.

I'm just about to start week 14 on Monday and I still worry lol!!!

As far as baby shopping, I've been window shopping for over a year and I think everyone does shopping differently, I have friends who are 3rd tri who are only just starting to buy but I'm going to start now, it's whatever you want to do.

A dopler is epic although don't use it all the time as it's not meant to be used regularly ie every day or week and they recommend not using it for longer then 10 mins at a time but I got one and heard my peanut at 9.5 weeks (although watch the you tube how to guide as it's a lot lower then you think) baby is behind your public bone until around 12 weeks when things start to move up.

Once I knew where to look I can get it every time I want to and it's amazing.

Anyway wishing you all a happy healthy pregnancy xxxx

Wow mint that scan is lovely! You must be so excited! I am so please for you!

Hi pheonix - that's really interesting to hear about your experiences. I agree, I think lots of the cramps/aching I feel it probably gas/ indigestion related as it always comes on after I eat and is especially bad in the evening. It still makes me worry though!

All of you ladies craving Taco Bell - we don't have it in the UK (as far as know!) and now I want it! Noooo.

I have been SO bloated this week! I swear I look about 5 months preggers rather than 5 weeks. I am usually a small uk8 so I feel everyone's been looking at my belly thinking I've put on load of weight!! I think I need to invest in some less clingy clothes to disguise the bloat! Haha.

Hope everyone's having a lovely weekend x

Wow mint that scan is lovely! You must be so excited! I am so please for you!

Hi pheonix - that's really interesting to hear about your experiences. I agree, I think lots of the cramps/aching I feel it probably gas/ indigestion related as it always comes on after I eat and is especially bad in the evening. It still makes me worry though!

All of you ladies craving Taco Bell - we don't have it in the UK (as far as know!) and now I want it! Noooo.

I have been SO bloated this week! I swear I look about 5 months preggers rather than 5 weeks. I am usually a small uk8 so I feel everyone's been looking at my belly thinking I've put on load of weight!! I think I need to invest in some less clingy clothes to disguise the bloat! Haha.

Hope everyone's having a lovely weekend x

I'm the same hun size 8-10 and I've been wearing baggy tops for work from next and they hid it right up till the week just gone, as soon as I announced it and changed my clothes back everyone was shocked as to how they hadn't noticed lol.

I had a bump from 8 weeks and it wasn't bloat like everyone thinks it was a pregnancy bump (my mum couldn't believe it when she saw it). Everyone is different xxx

Mint, so glad you've had a scan and everything can start to feel real! I'm looking forward to getting mine next weekend but I'm feeling terribly anxious about it. So worried that there will be nothing there.

Well I'm kind of regretting wishing I had ms symptoms now because these past few days have been really hard with the nausea. I find the only thing I can do to settle my stomach is nap! I'm with you girls on falling behind with housework - OH has officially run out of boxers today so I must put some washing in!!

Has anyone had any skin reactions to their jewellery? I noticed back when I first got my bfp that the skin under my engagement ring was a bit itchy. It's got to the point where I can't wear it now because the skin is inflamed. It looks like eczema but I haven't suffered from it for years and certainly never had a reaction to a ring before. Pregnancy related?

Phoenix 82 - I've been having a bump that's not bloat related for a while now too. I read in my book that this can happen when you're small built anyways and don't have trained belly muscles lol I'm only like 5ft 4in tall and my pre-pregnancy weight was around 100lbs. Now my weight is 105.6lbs but most of the weight I think went to my boobs.

I also made a bargain on a fetal doppler today and since I was cramping the past days it put my mind at ease so much. I found my little frog's heartbeat right away and it was bumping at around 167bpm :) The little one kept moving though haha but I already know from my u/s that our baby is super active.
I read you should only use it up to 3 times a week and not for longer than 10 min at a time, which is fine with me. I just need to hear my baby every now and then :)

I was soo soo hungry yesterday and I ate a shit ton of stuff lol But I also ate fruit and vegetables instead of chips so I think it's ok :)

welshgem - Idk, Since I've been pregnant I haven't been reacting bad to my jewelry :/ Maybe you should get it checked out just to be safe.

wonderful news on your scan, Mint.. very glad for you

hope everyone is getting their cravings in.. we did go out last night and I had my gyro.. it was delicious. I dont usually crave too much junk (and I dont consider a gyro junk) but I have developed a sweet tooth when before I never used to have one... maily been satisfying that with soda pop, which also helps settle my stomach as well.

One healthy craving I get is for salads.. with lots of toppings like carrots, broccoli bits, beets, all the crunchy veggies.. great stuff except for the bleu cheese that must go on it, but hey at least its not oreos or potato chips lol

welshgem.. not sure why your ring could be reacting with your finger. Im guessing its a gold ring, and gold doesnt react.. however, for example, my engagement ring is gold as well but the band is really wide and often water gets trapped underneath and does the band-aid effect around my finger, perhaps its something that is getting caught under the band?

I bought a bunch of fruit and vegetables today to snack on when I get hungry. Probably better than all that taco bell I've had lately lol

klink what kind of doppler did you get? I'm thinking about the sonoline b they're like bucks on ebay.

swamp good for you craving healthy stuff :) I'm kinda bad with my diet right now, yesterday I ate pasta and bread along with 3 chicken wings :/
I just want steaks and sometimes the freezer pizza with the crunchy edges :haha: My former sweet tooth is completely gone, I've had a box of trader joes caramels sitting on the table for over a week and they're not gone! Which is weird for me. I've heard if you're craving steaks and such it's more likely to be a boy ;)

Speaking of gender, have any of you done the necklace trick? I did it years ago and it said boy, 2 girls, and a boy, and I did it again yesterday and it said boy, girl, boy girl. It's a fun trick and I've heard about a lot of people that it works for ;)

lol maggz, thanks for the pep on the healthy food cravings.. not trying to front tho.. I eat my fair share of junk.. which is why I probably get a hankering for a salad once in a while :haha:

klink.. nice on the fruits&veggies.. although all things considered, taco bell sure isnt the worst thing you could be craving.

pizza definitely has been one of my top food wants.. doesnt help theres a little caesars barely a mile away with the $5 carry-out cheese pizza...

and Ive never heard of the necklace trick.. what is it? Im predicted a girl based on things like HB, chinese thing, family hunches, dreams etc lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->