Expecting #1 positive thinking buddies, sticking together!

Haha yeah same here, I won't say I neeeever eat chocolate anymore *gobs down a bite*

Oh it's this thing you do with a necklace that you own, hold it straight up, hold your hand out with your thumb away from the rest and your palm down. Then dip the necklace between the thumb and forefinger three times, turn your palm up and hold the necklace over your palm. The necklace will either start turning in circles (girl) or like a pendant on a clock back and forth (boy). Then you keep doing it until it doesn't move anymore and that's how many kids you'll have and which gender they'll be ;)

I'm predicted a girl according to the chinese thing, but my bff dreamt it was a boy and the necklace thing says a boy too :)

Maggz - I've kind of lost my sweet tooth a bit too. I've definitely found myself craving more savoury food over sweet foods.

Swampmaiden - case in point; I had takeout pizza for dinner last night!

We booked a cheeky little one week holiday for the last week of September which I'm looking forward to. We're off to Bulgaria which can be hit & miss weather-wise but I loved it last time we went. I'm already craving the food from an amazing Indian restaurant out there. It also helps us get away from my dreaded MIL for a week. She lands this time next week and we're going away the day after! :D

Maggz - I think I have the sonoline B one :)

According to the chinese thing I'm having a boy but the heartrate is above 140 so maybe girl? ;)

welshgem - how nice! I need a vacation too!

Wow Maggz I love all those prediction tricks! I ran straight to get my necklace and try it when I read your little trick. Or predicts a girl (I think I did it right!) and the Chinese calendar says girl too. Can't wait too see if they are right!! :)

Does anyone else find being around smokers really hard? I've been out for the day and am terrified any time someone walks past me or sits near me smoking! Maybe I'm just being silly!

Hanrh, I hate smelling smoke! I have to tell myself that a few minutes will likely have no affect. My gym does a lot of workouts that get us outside jogging or whatever in a small downtown like area so cigarettes are pretty common when people walk by sadly.

Welshgem, have fun on your vacation! I love Indian food!

Ugh I hate the smell of cigarette smoke too! It gives me a headache. Whenever I have to walk by someone who smokes I just kind of hold my breath real quick. And it's surprising that I say that as a former smoker lol Just quit in April.

Well, I'm back from the wedding. There was a little bit of family drama before the wedding, but it sorted itself out the day of. It's funny to hear about everyone's cravings. I haven't really had any as of yet - just been nauseous. Last week was really bad for that. I'm hoping that's coming to an end, though, because I've now had three days without feeling badly nauseous. Fxed!

Also, my midwife appointment is in two days!!!

Phoenix, welcome back. Your u/s pic looks great!

Hey ladies,
I myself quit smoking about a year ago and now I cant stand the smell. I just got into my 5th week I think ( I have 2 weeks to go before a dating scan) and all I feel is occasional dizziness and pinches in the abdomen. When, if at all, did your MS set in?

Congrats to the ladies who recently quit smoking! Great job! I used to smoke in high school and part of college by now it triggers my asthma so I have hated it for some time.

I haven't got any MS yet. I wish my mom was alive to ask her if she had it (and my dad has severe Alzheimer's so he can't tell me either). I keep reading about the 25% of women who don't get it and hoping I am one of them but then you read that it is a sign of a healthier pregnancy and start to worry.
All I have had so far is some unsettledness/indigestion, certainly not full blown nausea.

Hello, everyone!

MiaGirl and Mint, I am sorry to hear your pregnancies were classified as high-risk. That must have been scary to hear. But hopefully it's just a precaution, and it will be great having the additional scans! They are such great reassurance.

Mint, I'm so happy your scan went well and you are feeling so happy! :thumbup:

Phoenix, great to see you!!!! :hugs:

MolGold, my morning sickness kicked in around 6 or 7 weeks, but I've only actually thrown up twice. Lots of other times, I feel like I'm going to, but nothing comes out (sorry if tmi!).

Mint, I've definitely heard from women who had no ms but still have perfect babies! My mother-in-law never had morning sickness with either of her kids. Neither did my husband's cousin, who had a baby last winter. So even though statistics say ms is a good sign, not having it is not necessarily a bad sign. Hope that helps!

My bump is growing slowly but surely as well! If I am wearing a form-fitting top, people can definitely tell. My weight fluctuates a bit day to day but I think I've gained about 3 pounds now? It's really just picked up in the last week, but I attribute part of it to eating out pretty much all weekend due to the wedding.

I've been thinking about the Chinese gender predictor. It bases it off the mother's age and month of conception, but isn't gender solely decided by the man? I don't really see how the Chinese gender predictor would hold any water. It's still fun, though, I suppose!

I hope you all have a great day!

Welshgem sound like a fun vacation!!

Lacanadienne that's great you've been feeling better lately. Hopefully ms is wrapping up for you!

MolGold my ms kicked in around 6 1/2 weeks but really picked up steam last week in week 8.

Mint I think it's great to hope you don't get ms! I thought for a little while maybe I wouldn't, but it did show up in time. Both my aunts never had any and there's 5 kids between them! So count it as a sweet blessing if you don't get it. It could still be lurking around the corner for you though, who knows.

Karen, yeah I'm just choosing to be happy about having additional ultrasounds. It's exciting your bump is growing! And you're almost in the second trimester that's awesome!

I just love when the weeks turn over and I start a new one. Yay green olive! Haha. Sure wish I was 13 or 14 weeks though...the all day/night nausea is taking its toll.

Sorry I've been MIA! I don't think I could possibly reply to all of the posts from the last few pages but I did read them all! I'll try to remember what I was going to say to all of them....

Mint - that is a great scan! As far as MS, my older sister has zero MS with her twins and they were healthy so you can still have a very healthy baby and pregnancy and no MS. I wouldn't worry too much :) Try to enjoy the no MS at least for now.

MolGold - my MS set in around 6/7 weeks. It has been mostly all day nausea though, not a lot of actually throwing up :/

I love all of the gender prediction talk! I haven't done the necklace thing but I did check the chinese calendar and the mayan calendar gender thing and they both said girl. I'm not convinced it is a girl though, I'm just afraid to really learn more one way than the other at all. I keep trying to understand the one about what side of the uterus baby implants on. I know baby is on MY left, but is that considered the left or the right side of uterus? Like is it based off of my left and right or off of the doctor's? I would think the doctor's but I can't find any information. Have any of you heard about that one?

Sweetbliss, doctors generally speak in terms of your right and left. Even when they look at X-rays, they set them up as if you were standing in front of them ( so your right is on their left, etc). Just makes things easier to keep straight. Can you feel more twinges on your left?

Molgold, I'm starting week 7 and have not had but a few short occasions of feeling nauseous. I am starting to feel pickier about what I eat though...some things just don't sound good sometimes.

Miagirl, I get excited at the beginning of every new week too! Today I'm a blueberry!

Gator - Okay! I didn't know that. The entire ultrasound she was on my left side haha and my stomach is already more pronounced on that side. If the research and all is true for that and it is true that it goes by my left and right then that predictor says it is a girl too haha

I read the baby implants on the side you sleep on most often (or middle for back/stomach sleepers). So wouldn't have much to do with gender. I am convinced mine is on the left which is also the side I sleep on most often but I forgot to ask the doc if s/he is really on the left or not.

Well no dice on ms being over. I just had one of my worst days for nausea. I threw up for the second time this morning, and have been feeling horrible all day. It was tough getting through the day with the kids. :sick: Good news is I see the midwife tomorrow afternoon, so only have a half day tomorrow.

Oh no lacanadienne - so sorry you are so sick. Glad you have your appt. tomorrow and I hope your MW can get you on the path to feeling better!

Oh lacanadienne I'm sorry! I feel like you and I have the exact same ms schedule it's weird. I was feeling a little better this weekend and then it was back with a vengeance today. Had my second vomit this morning and have felt basically incapacitated all day. Way to get through the day though! Glad you get a half day tomorrow and I hope all goes well at the appointment!

congrats to those who've quit smoking.. I can't stand the smell of it either

welshgem, have fun in Bulgaria! My DH and I are taking a little road trip up the San Francisco this weekend for 4 days, it should be a nice break from the heat wave we've been having here in San Diego.

lacanadienne, best of luck on your midwife appt! cant wait to see the pics!!

Mol&Mint, you both are still a bit early for the real MS to start.. I know for me it started around 7.5/8 weeks and lasted over a month.. its just now started to fade away to slight nausea when Im hungry.. eat eat eat is the trick to managing MS, even if you are puking and hate food lol

going to be 104 degrees here tomorrow with high humidity.. thats like 40C for you UK ppl.. I need a cabana boy with a fan to follow me around all day while hubbys at work lol

Hi all, sorry I've been MIA for sometime, just being on a complete rest mode with MS being as bad as possible. Any day when I vomit for less than 3 times seems normal now :( And to top it off, I'm having sore throat from all the throwing up and some mouth ulcers too. I thought I might be having HG, but dr said it would be even more bad in that case. Just hoping and praying that the MS ends soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->