Expecting #1 positive thinking buddies, sticking together!

Lacanadienne & MiaGirl - sorry to hear you're both suffering with ms again. Mine is just starting to properly kick in now that I'm in week 7.

Swampmaiden - you're definitely right about the keep eating part. I've noticed that once I empty my bladder at 4am every morning I am extra hungry and therefore extra nauseous! Time to keep some crackers on my bedside table.

Hanrh - your first appointment is today right? If so, I hope it goes wonderfully!

MiaGirl, lacanadienne, and SanJan, I'm sorry you're having such a rotten time with ms! I hope you will all feel better soon. One odd thing that sometimes helps me feel better when I'm feeling nauseated is Sour Patch Kids. I don't know if the sour flavour is just a distraction, or if it actually does something good, but they tend to help me! And I also get some relief from Saltines, and making sure to drink lots of water.

welshgem and swampmaiden, have fun on your trips!!

hanrh, best of luck with your appointment!!

6 more days for me until my OB appointment, when hopefully I can hear the heartbeat!! This might be strange, but do you think the doctor would object to me recording the sound? I really want my husband to be able to hear it, but he can't come because he will be at work. But I don't want her to think I'm a weirdo, lol.

Aw SanJan that sounds so horrible! Throwing up is such an awful feeling I'm sorry you're suffering that so much.

Swampmaiden have fun in San Francisco! That sounds lovely! I can't believe it's so hot in San Diego.

Welshgem sorry ms is picking up for you. Do whatever it takes to manage it.

Karen I don't think it's weird at all to record it. You should definitely do it. A woman I work with said she got a build-a-bear stuffed animal that you can record a noise with and it it'll play it back. She brought it to her appointment and recorded the heartbeat and gave it to her son when he was born. So he has a sweet stuffed animal and the recording of hearing his first heartbeat! (Not that he'll understand that for a long time..). I thought it was cute and might do that myself!

I was wondering the same thing about the heartbeat Karen. Would be a nice thing to listen back to also. I can't see why it would be a problem!! :)

Thank you Karen and mint for your well wishes. Appointment went well - my midwife was so lovely and really put me at ease. Soo many questions though! I am booked on again for 4 weeks time to get bloods done and she has also requested my scan date from the hospital which is very exciting!!

I'm so sorry to all of u suffering badly with ms. Is it weird that I'm wishing mine to appear?! I keep thinking its a sign that everything is okay so hoping I get it soon. Will be eating my words soon enough I'm sure!!

X

Karen I don't think they'll be opposed to it at all, and probably have it done all the time :)

hanrh that's not weird! I was wishing it too for the longest. Then it came. You'll probably be throwing up your words, not eating them :haha:

My ms is on and off but maybe I'm a wuss or something but I just can't handle doing anything while I have it. I'm lucky and dont work in the morning but I've skipped a couple of classes because of it :blush:
Fatigue is wearing off I think, although I really wanna sleep right now haha... Boobs are a little bigger according do DH and they are pretty sensitive, not like a constant pain but it hurts to touch the sides. Although sometimes I squeeze them to make sure they still hurt :wacko: :haha: aaaand our favorite symptom - indigestion is definitely here!
Allright that's the rundown of my symptoms, I'll be 10 weeks tomorrow/Thursday! So excited :D :D

Karen, you should definitely ask to record the heartbeat... I don't think it's weird at all.

A few of my colleagues now know I'm pregnant because of the bad ms. I've only thrown up twice, but man it gets intense sometimes. Not a bad thing some people know, I figure, because then they won't think it's weird if I ask them to watch my group for a few minutes if I have to run to the washroom. One of my colleagues said if your ms is bad, you're going to have a girl. I don't know, but I have read that somewhere that ms is worse with girls - don't think it's that great a predictor on a first pregnancy, though, because everyone is different.

To all going on trips, have fun! Mia and SanJan, hope you feel better soon! We'll keep our fxed for each other.

Maggz - happy almost 10weeks!
Hanrh - glad the appointment went well!
Karen - as everyone else else said, it isn't weird - go ahead and ask to record.

Thanks everyone re:ms, it is probably just around the corner for me. I kept hearing it was supposed to kick in at six weeks but maybe seven or eight is just as common.

I woke up this morning feeling "less pregnant" - mainly my boobs don't hurt quite as badly as they have been and I was less bloated. I worried a little but then after running around with the kids in gym class I had some light cramping which would not be my body's nonpregnant reaction so everything is probably fine.

thanks lacanadienne.. and you know whats funny is that I always heard MS is worse with boys lol just goes to show you how you cant really go by MS or HB rate or whatever else. Do you have a feeling yet on to what youre having?

Mint, I wouldnt worry too much.. symptoms seems to flucuate with good days and bad days, and on days when Im really busy, I can almost forget Im even pregnant

My ms came back somewhat but more in not having appetite. Well this was this morning and now that it's evening/night time I feel like I can't stop eating lol

Karen - Yay 13 weeks tomorrow!! :) I don't think it is weird at all to record the heartbeat :)

And it's Karen's birthday everyone!! ;)

Swampmaiden, no, I don't have a feeling of what it's going to be yet. I'm hoping I'll find out at my morphology ultrasound (18-20 weeks).

Happy Birthday, Karen!

I went to see my midwife and have my chart all set up there. She's sending me for a pile of bloodwork (STIs, rubella, blood type, iron levels, urine sample, fifth disease - because I'm a teacher, etc.), and we have opted to do the IPS, so I get an u/s soon! :happydance: I'll have to call and book it tomorrow morning.

lacanadienne - Glad you got to meet with your midwife :)

To the ladies around 12 -14 weeks, I started to get those weird period type of cramps again. Is this normal? I'm just so nervous. I had them from week 4 - 9 almost every day and for the past two weeks almost nothing and now it started again today. Now I feel like it put me back again when I just found out I'm pregnant, running to the bathroom checking for blood.

And is anyone of you guys doing pregnancy yoga? I did 10 minutes of it today and hopefully that back pain is a little bit better tomorrow :)

klink, every so often I get those period-like cramps.. the heavy aching ones that arent so much like a twinge and just a throbbing feeling? anyways, i get them, but despite the worry factor, everything seems to be well... no blood (I still check all the time for that too :( ) and no painful cramps so those are both great signs.

I actually am starting to wonder if the period-like throbbing cramps may be some kind of sensation generated from fetal movement? I know the first real movements feel like flutters, but it makes sense that early movement may feel like a period-type cramp just because like before your period starts, the uterus is undergoing movement too. I dunno, just a thought I had

hope it means nothing for you, and Im sure its just normal.. esp as you are nearly in 2nd tri and have had HB detected well after the 8th week.

Happy birthday Karen! :)

klink yeah I downloaded a prenatal yoga video, that's as far as I've gotten :rofl: I'm starting it any day now, I tell yah!

swamp I don't know about the cramping... only time I cramp is after we dtd :blush: and it's only for a minute then I'm all good.

Sorry to all who is suffering from MS :( we'll all get through this together!

Karen - Definitely record the HB! I want to ask the ultrasound tech if there is anyway to get a print out of the HB, like a picture of the up and down motion.... I don't know what you'd even call that lol. I saw a tattoo once where someone got their baby's HB as a tattoo and I loved it. It was so unique and really precious I think. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

My nausea is still just about all day. Friday will be 10 weeks, I'm so excited! I have my next appointment in 7 days and then the ultrasound will be 1 week after that :) I feel like time is moving right along, I just wish I didn't feel sick so often and could enjoy being pregnant more.

swampmaiden - yea I think we talk about the same pains :)

maggz - I did my second video today and they are just 10 minute each but I haven't worked out since I found out I'm pregnant and haven't done anything but walking my dog and today they made me do squats in the video and oh boy that hurt :D

sweetbliss - I hope you feel better soon! :hugs:

Happy B'day Karen :)

And for those suffering with MS, I'm with you. I again got back from work early today because of that :( I'm just waiting for my appointment next week to talk to Dr again about this.

And about those cramps, even I get them once in a while. And, now-a-days, it does hurts a bit after I throw up. I'm just hoping everything is fine and the next week scan goes fine.

Thank you, everyone, for the birthday wishes!! :) I turned 28 yesterday, and it was a great day. I spent the afternoon with my parents, then went to work for quick shift. My co-workers had decorated my cubicle with balloons, and my best friend at work made me an amazing present - a onesie for the baby with the Golden Girls on it!!! My favourite show! I couldn't believe my eyes, lol. Then after that my husband took me out for dinner, bruschetta, salad, and some delicious linguine. Mmm. :)

Mint, I have definitely had fluctuations in my symptoms! I read somewhere that it's because your body gets used to your current hormone levels for a day or two, and then when they spike again, you'll feel your symptoms more strongly again. Even now, I notice my nausea is a little worse every 3 or 4 days.

So sorry to those whose ms is getting really bad! Hang in there! Relief is coming. :hugs:

klink and swampmaiden, I also feel cramps once in a while. Not painful like I had when I was having the spotting around 5.5 weeks; it's more like a dull pressure feeling. For me, I think it tends to happen in the morning before I have a bowel movement (tmi! Sorry!) so I think it's from pressure of the growing uterus on the bowels.

On the other hand, I have also wondered a few times if I have felt movement! I know for your first pregnancy you're not supposed to really feel it until around 18 weeks, but lately I've been feeling these flutters... kind of like a teeny finger is making a swirling motion on me, but from the inside. I'm going to ask my OB on Monday if it is possible! Hopefully she won't say it's just gas, lol.

Happy birthday Karen (for yesterday!)

Mint - I definitely feel your worry about the ms. I really want it to hurry up and get here now! Silly as I know I'll hate it when it does come!!!

Karen - how exited about possible feeling movement! That must be amazing!

Karen - glad you had a great birthday! I am interested to hear if you could possibly feel movement this early.

Who of you have told your in-laws yet and how did you do it?
My MIL is coming tomorrow and even though 7weeks is kinda too early it is our only chance to tell her in person. We will tell my BIL at the same time too. DH wanted to show them a slideshow of our pictures from Iceland but throw the scan photo in there. I feel like that would be cute in an actual album but kinda lame in a computer slideshow...also kinda weird me out that it is the inside of my body... Dunno...
I was thinking maybe give her coffee in a world's best grandma mug but DH is afraid she wouldn't even notice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->