Expecting #1 positive thinking buddies, sticking together!

I'm glad you made it ok, klink!! I hope all will go well as you make the transition to your new home.

MolGold, sorry you were feeling so sick! Hopefully it won't last long. That is exciting that you told your family! How did they react?

Mia, yes, we are going to have them tell us right then and there. I can't wait one more minute, lol. We are soooo excited!

For our nursery, we want to do some kind of jungle animals theme with the decor. Right now, the room is pink and purple (the previous homeowners have two girls). While not my favourite colours, if we are having a girl, I'm just going to leave it to save ourselves some work and expense. If it's a boy, rather than painting it blue, I am thinking of going with a pale teal colour, because then if we have a girl later, we could leave it, because I like the combo of teal and pink. We had those colours at our wedding, actually, so it would be neat to keep that going. :)

Have a great day everyone! :hugs:

Hey Kilnk, I am glad you are fine.. let us know more once you feel upto it

Karen, you scan is tomorrow! I am as excited as I am for my NT on Saturday. :) Family reactions ranged from ecstatic ( sis in law, cousin, uncle) to mildly uninterested(Aunts). It was entertaining for us to say the least :p

Mint sorry you are so exhauseted. I get the feeling. :hugs:

Mia yes I keep hoping things will pick up - not only sex wise, in 2nd tri .. fx!

I have also been dead tired and have come in late to work twice this week, and yesterday I slept 10+ hours! Lucky me, its flexi timing and as long as I put in 9 hours I can come in later. Nausea hitting at 11.5 weeks is really unheard of, apparently.

Also, Ive been getting the most vivid dreams - yesterday I dreamt of holding my baby boy ( wrapped in blue) and bathing him/ changing him and nursing him before setting him down in his crib to sleep! I hated waking up. That's another reason I cant wait for my scan and will put up pics for you ladies to guess the gender. I cannot find out legally but hopefully the skull/nub theory will help!

Interesting dream, Mol! :) I can't wait to hear about your scan, too, and to see your picture!

I hope everyone has a great day!

Klink I'm glad you made it safely!

Karen that sounds good for your nursery plans. I was thinking of painting some kind of light teal/aqua/mint or something so the room could be for a boy or girl in the future. Then use more gender specific accents. We will see though, first step is getting our office things out of the room!

Mol sorry you've been so exhausted but that's good work can be kind of flexible. Fun dream too, makes it so exciting right?! :) I wonder if you'll be able to tell gender on your own from your 20 week scan if you can't tell from the one tomorrow.

I think my belly growth has hit a plateau for a bit now. I haven't seen change in a couple weeks nor have I gained any weight. I hope that isn't a bad sign. But at least I'm pretty positive I've felt the baby moving a little bit sometimes, like occasional butterflies or bubbles. I love that!

Swamp - That's sweet that your DH wants to go with you! Can't wait to hear what your gender is. I'm so excited for everyone! Have you been feeling pretty good?

Bree - That is so fun that you can now get the rest of the stuff you need and really get it all set up for baby girl! You're in the final stretch! I did the Chinese calendar and the Mayan calendar and both said girl. I haven't done really any of the old wives tale ones though I don't think.

Mint - Yay for great NT results!

Karen - Just barely 24 hours to go for you! Yayyyy! I love the idea of going with the teal in the room and carrying your wedding colors into the nursery if it is a girl, that would be really sweet.

Klink - I'm glad you made it safely!

MolGold - That sounds like such a sweet dream! I'm glad that your work is so flexible. Hopefully you'll be able to get some of your energy back soon!

Mia - Yay for feeling that sweet baby!

I had an appointment yesterday, it went well. HB is still up in the 150's and strong :) I felt the baby for the first time last night and I've felt it a few times since then! Feels like a little flick, I love it! Hope you all are doing well!

Karen - less than 24 hrs I think :happydance:

Mia & SweetBliss - wow! That's so nice that you have been feeling movements

Mol - Interesting dream :) Wish we also can find out the gender early

Kilnk - Glad that you guys made it safely

I wish I could start feeling those flutters soon. I do get some occasional spasms in my lower abdomen, but, it feels more like muscles stretching for me. I guess, me being overweight is delaying it :(

Just waiting for the scan appointment next Wednesday. And My mom is coming over today and will be there till the scan appointment :)

OMG yay Jumpingo!!!!!! Congratulations! I'm so very happy for you :wohoo: I have to find your post with the BFP announcement!

Congratulations, Jumpingo! Welcome to our group! I wish you a very happy and healthy 9 months! :happydance:

Mia and sweetbliss, congrats on feeling some movement! That's so exciting! And SanJan, the twitching could be movement, too! When I first felt mine it was like flutters, or as klink aptly described it, like when you get a little spasm in your eye. And I bet you'll feel it more distinctly very soon!

Sweetbliss, that sounds like a great heartrate!!! And more in the girl realm, from what I've heard! :) I think the thought is that over 140 is more likely to be a girl, and under is more likely to be a boy. I'm not sure how accurate that is, but it's fun to think about!

MolGold, I hope you have an awesome scan tomorrow! :)

AFM, within 8 hours, I should know!!!!! Ahhhhh, we could not be more excited. Baby has been moving a heck of a lot this morning, so maybe he or she is excited too, lol.

Happy Halloween, everyone!!! :thumbup:

Klink, I'm glad you made it home safely!

Yay on feeling movement! That is really so exciting and wonderful.

MolGold, looking forward to hearing about your scan tomorrow!

Karen, :happydance: please come back and let us know if it's a boy or girl!

Mia I do not think not gaining weight is a bad thing. Its not gradual either - I believe the weight increases in spurts.

Sweet - congrats on great HB numbers :)

Karen - let us know how it went!

sanjan - I am the same as you, stretching and cramps, nothing more. FX for a great scan hun!

Jumpingo - woohoo! congrats and welcome :)

Thanks for all your support and concern ladies. 12 hours for my scan.. :) I will post first thing once I am back! I really hope the scan shows some gender hint , its a fun guessing game next 6 months :)

Congratulations jumpingo!! I'm so happy to hear you got your BFP! Welcome here :):thumbup:

Sweetbliss I'm so glad you started feeling the baby! How awesome!

SanJan like Karen said, what feels like spasms could possibly be the baby. Obviously I couldn't tell you for sure, but I think it could be! You'll feel it soon enough and be sure though :)

Karen and Mol I can't wait to hear about your scans later!!

I was a I bit freaked out for a long time last night. Just in a lot of pain, sometimes keeled over and couldn't even stand up. It was from my rib cage all the way down my pelvis. I'm really hoping that's just growing pains, but man nobody tells you how much that hurts!

Hi girls! I've been MIA for a few days, just really tired after work lately and Ive been having severe back and hip pain that leaves me near tears for a good part of the day when I'm working. I'm certain it's sciatica and there isn't much I can do about it, so I hope I can learn to cope.

Karen and Mol can't wait to hear about your scans!

Big Congrats jumpingo!!

I think I'm starting to feel some movement as well, feels just like someone else said, like a spasm in my eye or a twitch. It's a few times a day but not strong or consistent but I'm fairly certain it's movement. I also noticed I can pretty much feel my uterus now but since I'm heavy you can't see it unless I'm laying down flat but at least I can feel it now lol. I imagine I won't start showing for about another month or longer.

What a nice thread for positive thoughts!

I need some positivity in my life, lol.

I am 38, expecting my first and super nervous...I am very early I hope and pray each day for a beautiful baby!

Good luck to you all!

Jenny Bean and jumpingo, congrats and welcome to the thread!

Fxed for you Karen and Mol - let us know how your scans went.

Sweet - congrats on the good HB numbers.

Mia and Dini - sorry you've been in so much pain. Dini, try some sciatica stretches like pigeon pose in yoga. It really does help.

Well my prenatal class has started and there are now just 4 1/2 weeks left until my u/s! It'll go quickly, as report cards are coming fast, and I'll be busier than usual coming up with comments and inputting grades for each student. Then, I have to meet with all the parents. By then, they might guess I'm pregnant - it's in three weeks, and I'll be four and a half months. I haven't told them yet, as that's not exactly what a parent wants to hear, that their child's teacher won't be finishing the year. We'll see how they react - I'm a little nervous.

SanJan - I hope you enjoy the time with your mom! How special that she'll be there to go to the scan with you.

Karen - I saw your FB post! AHHHHHH! SO happy for you! Congrats!

MolGold - How did your scan go?

Mia - I'm sorry you were in so much pain! I hope you're feeling better now.

Dini - Yay for movements! Have you tried a chiropractor for your sciatica? I've heard they can help a lot.

Welcome and congratulations Jumpingo and Jenny!

Canadienne - The time is going to fly for you! Good luck with the parents, let us know how they receive the news. I'm sure they'll be very happy for you!

18 hours until our scan.... I think I'm going to have to find stuff to do tomorrow to keep me busy until our appointment haha

Yay! Congrats Jenny and jumpingo! Happy and healthy 9 months to both of you!

Sweetbliss - 18 hours, how exciting! But definitely hard to pass the time between now and then. Will you be finding out the gender? If you are I hope baby cooperates.

Dini I hope the pain eases up, I noticed someone mentioned yoga, maybe you could also see a Physio? I was seeing one for my back and they got me doing hydrotherapy and gave me a few exercises that helped so maybe even check that out if you're interested.

MolGold - how did the NT scan go? Also it could be mothers intuition (the boy dreams) I had dreams of a little girl, so perhaps it's a sign!

Karen - how did your scan go? Hopefully we'll get to hear your gender reveal soon hahaha ;)

I'm going pram shopping tomorrow! Amazing how when you're pregnant these little things are the most exciting lol. I've spent all day thinking about it lol!

Congratulations jenny and jumpingo! Happy and healthy nine months :)

Sweetbliss - under 18 hrs.. Will be stalking the thread to find out your update soon.

Breeze - happy shopping :)

Karen, Mol - how did the scan go?

Mia - even I think its the baby, because those spasms occur at different places at different times and I get that only when I sit or lie down. Hopefully, it'll be more clear in few days.

Dini - if it's sciatica, mild exercise helps a bit. Talk to your doctor about it.

Good morning, ladies!

Well, it's a girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We're so happy!!!! :happydance:

The scan took soooo long! First, a student tech was doing it, and she couldn't figure out the gender because baby was moving so much, and for a long time, had its hands between its legs (I thought, oh, must be a boy, hehe...). Then the regular tech took over to get a better look at some of the other organs, but still couldn't tell the gender because by now, the baby was all scrunched up like a pretzel, with its feet in its face! LOL. Finally, she sent in the "most experienced tech", and then within literally 10 seconds, she said, "Okay, I know!" I thought, for it to be that obvious that quickly, it must be a boy! So then they brought my husband in, walked us through some pictures, and said, "Congratulations, it's very obviously a girl!" And I was so floored, and so happy!!! All in all it took around 45 minutes but every second was so great. I got to see my daughter (!!!) moving around on the screen, and she yawned and even kind of waved! Seeing the little fingers, toes, lips, etc. was so amazing!

I am so excited for you ladies that have a scan coming up as well! It's a surreal, beautiful experience!

Mol, how did it go? I'd love to see your picture! They said that how they could tell mine was a girl was, besides the lack of male parts, was the "three white lines" in the crotch area. I wouldn't have known at all but they said that's the classic hallmark of a girl.

And good luck, sweetbliss, yours is coming super soon too! Yay! :) Can't wait to hear!

Jenny Bean, welcome to our group and congrats on your pregnancy!!! I hope it will be a wonderful 9 months for you and your bean. :)

Dini, I'm sorry you've had such trouble with the sciatica! That sounds awful. :( I hope it will ease up soon! Also, that is great about the movement! Yay!!!

Bree, have lots of fun with the shopping!!

lacanadienne, good luck with telling the parents! I hope they will all take it well. I think they should be very happy for you. I'm sure they love you and should be understanding! :) Also, enjoy the prenatal class! I look forward to hearing about what it's like!

Happy weekend, everyone! :)

Karen congrats on your baby girl!! I'm so thrilled for you!!

Welcome Jenny bean!

I've tried some stretching and am doing light exercise and so far it's notnhelpinf but it's early so fingers crossed it eases up. Yesterday wasn't bad but just carrying the laundry baskets and bathing my dog made it start up. Driving does it as well. Now the cold weather is here. Even woke up to a light dusting of snow, and it makes me mad lol. But I'm 16 weeks today! Yay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->