Expecting #1 positive thinking buddies, sticking together!

Hey all sorry I haven't been keeping up, I'm trying to get everything done for Christmas Eve! I went shopping for Christmas food and the rest of the presents today, so all that's left is wrapping a few of them and then I'm gonna make one more kind of cookies tonight ;)
Our plans changed a bit, we're gonna go spend Christmas Eve with DH's parents, but since they don't really celebrate until Christmas Day I'll be making dinner and just hope they comply with being festive tomorrow night lol. I got Christmas Day off by surprise so that'll be nice! I don't think we will do anything though, just eat leftovers and lounge around the house, which is how I think the day is supposed to be spent anyways ;)
What are your plans??

Dini those are some great undertakings! I'm sure you will work it all out, or at least I hope so haha. Things have a tendency to work out when you least expect them to. :hugs: Your gifts sound beautiful too, that's really thoughtful of your DH.

klink hope you're feeling better hon.

sweet I made ginger cookies (not gingerbread lol) and uhm... I guess you could call them sugar cookies? Haha, I don't have English names for them, sorry. Then the ones I'm making tonight are a type of merengue with frosting and dipped in melted chocolate, they're really yummy.
That pain you're having sounds uncomfortable. Hope it goes away soon! Your start of the nursery looks really cute :)

lacanadienne your day sounds wonderful! Wish I had made time to get my hair trimmed and my nails done! And yes keep that baby girl in there a while longer, won't you ;)

Oh, I got DH a cologne and they were having a deal so I got myself a perfume too for only $10 more! Haha and it's a huge bottle too! Winning over here ;)
I also got DH some gifts "from the bump" lol.... a onsie that says "I'm cute. Mom's cute. Dad's lucky!" :haha: and an adorable outfit with pants, a sweater and a T-shirt that says "I get my good looks from Daddy" *aw* I couldn't resist okay!

All right time to get crackin' or my back will make me sit on the couch and watch movies all night!

Lol maggz nice find on the onesie... 'And daddy got lucky that's why I'm here' should be in another one haha

So my cheese turned out great, it was easier than I thought to make.. Toughest part was finding cheesecloths

Glad everyone's holiday is coming together.. Cookies and jewelry.. Awesome. Those meringue chocolate cookies sound reeeeaaalllyyyy good too

Lol that would be brilliant swamp. Oh good that the cheese turned out good! Where did you find cheese cloths?? I was looking up how to make mozzarella the other day, would be cool to make.

Whoa! I do have a lot of catching up to do, or this thread feels incredibly fast :)

Klink - I am sorry for your recent bad luck hun! I just saw your beautiful bump though, that's one great blessing along with your DHs new job :) Hope the hives subside soon

Lancadienne - Woohoo pamper session :) God knows I need one. Yay V day and 24 weeks!

Maggs - Glad for the great ultrasound :) You sure have done loads of xmas preps and cleaning! Enjoy your day off :D

Dini - Sorry reflux is acting up again! I hope you find a way to get rest in breaks at work. I totally understand the money situation! My DHs 30th Bday is in Jan and I have NO money to get that done if I plan to buy nursery furniture and pay for possible hospital expenses ( My medi insurance just pays 30K though average C-section / hospital birth cost upto 100k in Indian rupees).

welsh - Congrats on your lil girl :pink: Hope you are well!

Sanjan - I know what you mean - I commute for upto 2 hours daily and that's really the closest I can stay from work :( Could you ask for laptop to work from home couple of hours a week?

swamp - Great that the move was sorted out! I can't believe you made cheese! Hope dinner is fab :)

sweet - I get the right side pain as well :( Love the DREAM nursery crib :D

AFM I was just caught up since last weekend with the scan, doc appointment and my sis in law came to visit as FIL is still unwell and bed ridden.
My scan went great :) Dic was happy with baby's growth and my weight etc. Also I finally felt tiny flutters (gas bubbles) that I think is baby :happydance: Once it was so strong that DH felt it too :D

Hello, everyone! Sorry I haven't been around much lately! Despite being on break, things seem to be just as busy as always. My sister is also visiting from out of town, so it has been great spending time with her.

I just wanted to pop in and say Merry Christmas to you all!!! Or if you celebrate a different holiday, I hope you will have a wonderful one!

And, Happy New Year!!!

How amazing is it to think that this new year is the year that we will become moms?! :happydance:

Love and blessings to you all! :hugs:

maggz, your cookies sound really good. And yay for Christmas shopping going well for you! :happydance:

swamp, that's amazing that the cheese turned out great. I would have never thought of making it myself. And maggz, I believe soft cheeses are easier to make.

Mol, happy that your scan checked out.

Karen, I know the feeling about being busy - all my holidays seem to be busy. I just have so much I want to get done by the time they come around. Glad you're enjoying time with your sister.

And to all, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!!! 2015 will be an amazing year for all of us. :xmas8:

Klink - I hope you get some relief from the hives soon and things start to calm down for you. It seems like it's been so busy for you lately.

Dini - Those earrings sound lovely! Try to not stress about the money situation, I know its tough but those things always have a way of working themselves out it seems.

Maggz - All of those cookies sound delicious! I love how you got your DH gifts from the bump! That's so sweet! I wish I had thought of that lol. I already know once I have her than I'm going to be spoiling him with things and just say "it's from the baby :)" and then he won't be able to argue with me over it haha You have to let us know what your DH thinks of the gifts you got him!

Swamp - That's great that the cheese turned out good! I would of never thought to make it on my own. Good job!

MolGold - So glad that the scan went well! Sorry that your FIL is still sick though. Hopefully your SIL will be able to lend a helping hand.

Karen - Have a good visit with your sister!

Things are going well here. Just keeping busy each day. I'm excited for the Christmas dinner DH and I are going to make tomorrow! Prime rib, yorkshire pudding with raspberry vinegar, mashed potatoes, green beans, and salad! Then I made a lemon cake tonight for dessert tomorrow and we have a raspberry cheesecake in the fridge too that I made :) I can't wait to eat it all! Christmas breakfast is going to be really good too! So much food :) :) :) I hope that you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Can't believe we're all going to be mom's!!!

Hey girls so I'm past v-day! A couple of weeks I didn't know what it was, but I say hoorah to any milestone lol! So yay!

Merry Christmas to you all and your families :dance:

COngrats on Vday Maggz!

I am at work on the day after Xmas :( Adding to the gloom is the fact that its a Friday and almost everyone I know took off :| But I don't have any paid leaves to take so here I am. But its not so bad.. I hope to leave early today and I really had a good time last 2 days :D

Happy Christmas and wishes for a wonderful new year! This coming Mothers day we all will be mommies :D

Sweetbliss, your Xmas dinner sounded delicious... We actually had prime rib also.. It was soooo good! And today I just ate the last of the Xmas cookies my sister made.. They were thick soft peanut butter chocolate chip.. Out of this world good..

Molgold, lacanadienne&Karen... I echo you with how unbelievable it is to think this coming year we'll all be mommies, and especially by mother's day! I'm getting excited even as I write this I feel baby girl kicking and making her presence known.. Amazing

So tonight we are skipping cooking and walking just under a mile to the neighborhood Mexican restaurant for dinner. Refried beans are striking my fancy today... Got some salt cravings going after all that sweet from the last few days haha

Hi all! Just popping in to say hi and I hope everyone had a good holiday!

Maggz I love your "from the bump" idea. And I'm glad you got Christmas off and congrats in Vday!!

Karen good to see you, I hope your FIL feels better soon.

Mol I had to work today also, and it was a bummer but I get the weekend off at least.

Sweet I just saw your ticker says 24 weeks! Happy Vday!!

Fan, we had a good holiday but to our surprise his grandparents weren't havhng Christmas so I was quite bummed about that. I am glad it's over though. I did get to see my cousins baby who was just two days old, so sweet. Just can't wait to hold my little guy! It was a very long day at work, I ended up working 13.5hrs. I am not even going to bother complaining as it does no good but I am pretty tired.

Hello, everyone! I hope you all had a great holiday.

Mol, so glad to hear your scan went so great, and that you are starting to feel movement!

Dini, that's amazing to me that you can work such long days! I can barely get through mine and they are much shorter than yours! :S Good for you!

I go in for a quick shift this afternoon, but then I am on vacation for the rest of the week! This time tomorrow, we'll be on our way to Florida for our babymoon. I am so excited!!! It will be great to have some fun relaxation time, just the two of us. :)

Have a wonderful week!!! :thumbup:

Oooh have a good time in Florida, Karen!

Dini your shifts are very long... I worked an 8 hour shift yesterday = walking the whole day. It was okay but when I got home I was waddling cause my feet hurt. Not pregnancy related lol but when you only get one thirty minute break to sit down, yup the feet hurt.

Anyways nothing new here, except I have a cold now. Booo.

Glad that everyone is doing ok :)

Have fun on your babymoon Karen!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and that you all got spoilt rotten!

Maggz, it sucks about the flu, but on the plus side congrats on making V-day! :)

Mol - it's wonderful you're feeling movement. Definitely makes it all seem real.

Karen, enjoy your babymoon!

Again, I'm playing catch up with this thread. For some reason I can't get to it from the computer and it's so hard to write replies from my iPhone. Anyone else have the same trouble? I have some very exciting news! My doctor gave me a sweep yesterday and said if I haven't gone into labour naturally by Monday that I'll be induced either Monday night or Tuesday morning because of how sick I've been. So I will be meeting my little girl within the week! It's definitely making me symptom spot 1 million times worse hahaah!!!

Enjoy your New Years ladies! Is anyone doing anything special to welcome in the new year?

Karen have a wonderful time in florida! Where are you going?

Maggz I hope your cold doesn't get to bad, I hate being sick and pregnant. I laughed at the waddling comment. I do okay because I'm moving all day, and we also only get 30 min if we are lucky. It sucks right now we are so short staffed and our patients are so sick so there is no time to sit :-( but i sit for 45 on the way home and when I get out of the car I can barely walk, I feel like I'm 85 and hunched over and waddling too!

I also think I'm coming down with something, I've had a cough since yesterday and today it sounds more like its in my chest. I feel okay right now just have this cough so I hope it doesn't get worse but will all the bad bugs going around I'm bound to catch one of them'

yay Breee, good luck, may the labor fairy visit you tonight!!!

Karen have fun on Babymoon

hope all the sick mamas feel better soon, I just got over something myself.. no fun

for now, my worst symptom has just been heartburn.. not too bad as things go!!

And my classes start next week, im excited!! And doubly so because my husband will be able to go for the first half of them before he needs to return to school, so Im glad i wont be a lone 'unsupported' mama

Karen, have fun on your Babymoon!

Maggz, Dini, and swamp, hope you feel better soon. I had a cold on and off for most of 2nd trimester so I know it's not fun. Been feeling pretty good for the last couple of weeks, though *knock on wood*.

Bree, that's so exciting that you'll be able to hold your baby soon!

AFM, just got back from visiting the in-laws, so the rest of my holidays should be a bit more relaxed. The visit wasn't too too busy, but I always find I get to bed later than I should and don't sleep as well as I could when I'm over there. Kind of fun, though, because my husband's friend was visiting in from Halifax, so we got to see her, and meet her little guy, who's six months old. It was the last trip we're making down to see them until the baby comes, so no more long trips in the car!

Aw Bree how exciting!!! Hope everything goes well hon :flower:

Good luck Bree. That is so exciting that you are so close!!

Swamp that's so cool about your classes. I haven't even looked into any yet.

Lacanadienne I'm glad you had a good time!

Well I was right. I woke up and could barely breathe today. Tried to take a deep breath and just started wheezing and rattling and coughing. No fever yet so it's probably viral and I hate to take antibiotics if I don't need to but I did make a doctors appt with my family doc in the morning. I think it's a bad case of bronchitis but we will see what he says.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->