Expecting #1 positive thinking buddies, sticking together!

Yay Bree! Good luck hun!

Oh no that sounds horrible Dini! I hope you feel better soon!! :hugs:

Hope everyone feels better soon!

Swamp, I still have to sign up for classes. It's gonna be busy 2 weeks because of my visa. Hope everything goes smooth and that we'll have all the paperwork together.

I have my gestational diabetes test in the morning. Wish me luck!

Good luck klink :)

Hope we all start feeling better, let's get over these flus!

Good Luck Klink!

Yay Bree, hope everything goes smoothly. This heralds the first of our lil ones arriving in 2015!

Lancadienne glad you had a great time :)

I still have to look into classes though I found put about some. maybe in Jan :)

Dini I hope you are well soon.
Hope you all feel better.. Happy new year!!

I'm heading to the doctors soon. My cough is slightly better but now my throat is so sore and my whole body aches and I'm so weak. No fever yet so it's not the real flu but it is miserable for sure. I hope we all get well soon and stay that way

Good luck, klink!

Dini, that does not sound like fun. Hope you feel better soon.

And to all, Happy New Year!!! :happydance:

Good luck Klink!

Aw Dini :hugs: hopefully the doctor can suggest something to make you feel better soon :)

Happy new year ladies!

Unfortunately not Maggz :( baby is stubborn and the sweep didn't send me into labour so I have a feeling I'll be waiting until Tuesday to be induced, but at least then I'll be able to have a day to myself on Monday and spoil myself rotten and prepare for baby, get a good nights sleep and relax before she gets here.

That sounds like a great plan Bree!! I hope you spoil yourself!

Well the doctor confirmed its a bad case of bronchitis and gave me antibiotics and an inhaler. I checked with my OB because the inhaler is category C and they said to take it. I took my antibiotic and took a nap and my throat feels a bit better so hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to breathe! Tonight I'm watching movies and drinking lots of water.

Happy New Year to all of you lovely ladies! I hope that Christmas was great for you all as well! This is the year we all will get to meet our sweet babies!

Bree - You still have a few days to go into labor! Keep us up to date please and good luck! So excited for you!

I hope all of you that are sick start to feel better very soon.
Nothing much going on here. Heartburn is in full swing though. I eat so many small meals/snacks because I can't eat much at one sitting. Baby girl is definitely getting big. I had an appointment this past week and was measuring 24 weeks so that's good. And I've officially gained 5 lbs now and definitely look pregnant haha. I'll be taking a picture next Friday at 26 weeks but I definitely feel like I've "popped". DH is loving my bump. I think we're going to go do some shopping tomorrow for a few decor items for the nursery. I'm not sure if I'll actually find anything that sparks my interest but I want to check locally before I order all of it online. Hopefully I'll find some good sales too on other baby things we need.
I hope you all are doing well and had a great New Years Eve and New Years Day today!

Bree - Oh the wait must be tough! I hope all goes well :) Keep up posted!

Dini hope you feel better soon :)

I tested for blood sugar twice this month, both times sugars came out low - 77 and 83 two hours post major meal. Doctor seems happy :)
I had a great new years eve - I showed off my new bump and felt great! The next day Dh and I went shopping and ate out. Much better than last year when both of us fell ill and ordered pizza :haha:

Hope you all had a great new years! Happy new year!

To all of you who are still sick or struggling with heartburn or acid reflux, I hope you feel better soon.

I finally feel like I have enough of a bump to post a picture :happydance:, so here goes. Oh, and also, the nursery furniture just arrived today - DH is assembling the crib as we speak. And I have 100 days to go until the due date!

Attachments

• 6 months pregnant.jpg
    6 months pregnant.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 9
To all of you who are still sick or struggling with heartburn or acid reflux, I hope you feel better soon.

I finally feel like I have enough of a bump to post a picture :happydance:, so here goes. Oh, and also, the nursery furniture just arrived today - DH is assembling the crib as we speak. And I have 100 days to go until the due date!

Cute bump hun x

Cute bump lacanadienne! How exciting that you guys got your furniture today. We still almost don't have anything, but that's ok :)

Sweetbliss - Sorry for the heartburn, do tums help? Maybe your baby will have a lot of hair :flower:
I read somewhere that instead of 3 big meals, pregnant women should have 6 smaller meals, and supposedly that helps with heartburn.

Afm, I had my gestational Diabetes test on Wednesday and failed it :( Now I have to take the 3 hour one on tuesday. I know a lot of people said, that if you fail the one hour one, most pass the 3 hour one, but I'm just so scared that I won't. I just don't want to change my eating habits, especially since my pregnancy craving is chocolate and I can kiss that goodbye until bub is here then. Of course I'll do anything to keep me and baby healthy though. It would just suck.
I also heard that women with GD get induced early? Has anyone else heard of that?

Hey girls :D Hope you're all having a good weekend.

klink that sucks! Yes I've heard that GD ladies need to be induced early at times, I think it's because GD babies tend to be on the bigger side and something about the blood pressure. Sorry don't know too much about it. I'm sure you'll pass the 3 hour test, do you know how much you were off for the 1 hour?

cute bump lacanadienne! :flower:

Bree I'm so excited to hear from you!

sweetbliss heartburn sucks... I've been lucky so far but I do get a little reflux after I eat haha I must not lay down :haha: We were thinking about nursery stuff too! How are you decorating yours?

mol glad you had a good new years. Show us your bump :D

We went shopping for baby stuff yesterday. Got a travel system - stroller, car seat, and base. It's being shipped to us since they were out at the store. Then we went to a second hand baby store here in town and got a pack n play, the kind with the detachable changing table and infant seat on top, for like $100 less than it is new. And it looks perfect. We also got a diaper bag only cause it was $10 and matched the colors of the pack n play :haha:
I'm very happy that we started the purchases now! Next up is to start setting up little man's closet, and then pick out a color for his room. He won't be using it for a while but it will be nice to have it done. I'm also gonna look for a dresser that can double as a changing table, on some of the local exchange sites. They were so expensive at the baby store!
In other news my back is catching up with me again after being quite good for a while. After shopping and working yesterday it was DONE. Can someone MAKE me exercise please?!

klink, wait for the 3-hour test to start worrying. I've heard the 1-hour has something like a 30% false positive rate. And yes, GD babies tend to be on the bigger side, so it usually means an early induction, but as I said, don't worry about it yet. It's not a super accurate test. And even after the 3-hour one, you might not have GD even if that one tells you you do. They'll have you monitoring your blood sugar levels.

maggz, yay for baby shopping! Our stroller has arrived at my parents' house, and we're getting it as a shower gift, so that's done. And the nursery furniture is now assembled. We still need to go car shopping (we only have 2-door cars), and get a car-seat, but my sister is supposedly giving me her pack-and-play, so don't need to worry about that one. Things are starting to get so much more real as we are all nearing or entering the third trimester! :happydance:

MolGold - I'm glad you had a good New Years and that's great that your sugars came back low both times!

Lacanadienne - Your bump is so cute! You're so tiny still! That's awesome that all of the furniture has arrived! You'll have to post a picture when it is set up :)

Klink - I hate tums but I do take Mylanta before bed if its unbearable. I'm positive that the cause of it is from eating too much in a sitting lol. I'm not used to eating small meals, I need to learn to do that rather than eat a normal sized meal. I'm sorry about that test, but it'll be okay, try to not stress! As far as being induced early, I think it depends. I've heard that happen for some people but not all. It just depends on how big the baby is measuring and all of that. If the baby is measuring really big then typically they'll induce to give a chance at you being able to deliver vaginally because if the baby is big and they wait too long then they risk the baby being too big for you to be able to deliver vaginally. I think it is really a case by case basis. Don't worry too much just yet hun!

This little girl is doing some crazy movements today! It is quite uncomfortable at times. I just ordered the diaper bag! I changed my mind last minute and got a different style than I first wanted but I think I'm going to be really happy with my choice. I got a Ju Ju Be BFF in Magic Merlot if any of you want to look it up :) It's a little more expensive(but I got a good deal on a sale!) but they are said to last for forever and I love how versatile it is and all of the convenient, organized pockets. I think I'm going to go ahead and order the bouncer now too so that I can just be done with baby gear. The only other thing I'd need as far as gear is the breastpump but the law just changed for Tricare and they're supposed to start providing breastpumps so I may not even have to bother getting one. I'm so excited to just be done with buying big stuff. I'm way too OCD to have waited until the 3rd trimester to have gotten all of it. Plus I've gotten a deal/sale on every single thing we've had to buy!

Good to know they changed it for tricare! Sounds like your all set Sweetbliss :)

Maggz - I missed your post when I responded to everyone! That's awesome that you got all of that stuff! Which travel system did you end up picking out? I love seeing/hearing about all of the ones that others are getting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->