Expecting #1 positive thinking buddies, sticking together!

Yeah the car seat alone is $189 USD here so I'm really glad to have found the coupon. Babies R Us has the color we really want as well but of course the color isn't that important. I've been scouting for a discount on it elsewhere too as some have said they've found one for around $200 but I haven't so I'm going to scoop it up next week.

I want to make a list of things I need to buy (not baby related) before he arrives, like extra shampoo, detergent etc so I don't have to worry about that stuff for a few weeks after he comes. Anyone else stock up on essentials?

Dini I feel ya on the paycheck being gone right away :( We did however just get our taxes so that will help us a bit to get rid of some monthly bills. That way we'll free up some money each paycheck.
Yeah you should definitely jump on that deal on the travel system! How nice that they're getting you the crib and changing table. It always makes me feel so special when people want to do stuff like that for us. I really am overwhelmed that we're gonna be having 2 showers, I feel like it will be way too much!

Those pads sound interesting hmmm do you soak them and freeze?

Nope Dini haven't even thought about that! That's very smart.

Maggz, these are the instructions for the ice pads: https://intheknowmom.net/diy-padsicles-musthave-postpartum-item/

Dini, I always try to have essentials stocked in the house, so it won't really be different. If I'm opening the last bottle of something, I go get more. Laundry detergent I get in bulk from Costco, so won't be running out of that for a while.

I hope you all are doing well! We just got back from a trip to see my grandma and aunt in Florida. It was a great trip for me, I think DH was bored quite a bit though. My aunt did my maternity pictures, I'm in love with them! They're on FB if anyone wants to see them and she also did a blog post from her business page that I can share. DH's grandma sent us money for baby stuff before we left so that is exciting. We're going to get the crib skirt, liner, 2 sheets, baby bath, and the little ocean soother that attaches to the crib. After that I think that most everything will be done besides a few more small things like butt balm, nipple cream, and some soaps maybe. Still waiting on Tricare to publish what pumps they're going to cover too.

Sorry I've been out of the loop. Going to try to keep up to date with this thread from here on out though!

Glad you had fun, and your pics are soooo sweet!!! So lucky you have a photographer in your family. :D

I worked Saturday so no Valentines stuff over here ;) Sunday it was DH's grandma's birthday so we went to see her, then had dinner with friends in the area before we went home. They have a boy that's born April 28th last year, so our boys will be almost exactly a year apart! Pretty cool :)

Other than that just same old really nothing special happening. I'm just trying to figure out when to stop working, I'm only working 3-4 days a week now so I think I'll just keep that up for a while longer. Maybe till the end of March so I'll have time to do some advance schoolwork before the baby decides to grace us with his presence lol ;)

I did have a doc appointment yesterday, everything looks good, he kicked the doppler when she was attempting to listen to him ;) His movements are starting to hurt sometimes, especially when he decides to jerk back and forth! It's okay though I'd rather he move a lot than the other way around.

Okay off to class!

What brand are you girls going with for nursing bras? My friend recommended Bravado nursing bras... just got one off Amazon for $30 with free shipping

https://www.amazon.com/Bravado-Desi...&sr=8-3&keywords=bravado+original+nursing+bra

Attachments

• bravado.jpg
    bravado.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 0
Wish theyd show a more realistic model tho with big udder like breasts and a giant preggo belly lol like me right now...

That looks really comfy swamp! I think I'm gonna need ones with wires, mine aren't big enough for something like these.

Maggz - Thank you! I'm glad your appt went well! I'm with you on the kicks starting to hurt! I just take it as she must be super strong which is good lol.

Swamp - I think I'm going to get a few from Target, the Gilligan ones probably. Like Maggz, I think I'll need an underwire, I'm not as blessed in that region ;)

I'm sitting here trying to make a meal plan/grocery list... at my last appt the doctor told me that I need to eat more red meat to up my iron. I'm guessing it was low which would explain my need to chew ice. Well DH just so happened to go to that appt with me because he had off and we were leaving for FL right after so now at every meal he is trying to get me to eat red meat. Coming up with a meal plan that has more red meat dinners in it is more difficult than I thought since typically we stick with chicken. Do any of you have good dinners that include a red meat?

swamp, I just got a few from Motherhood Maternity. Their sleep bras are pretty comfortable. Maggz and sweet, they say to avoid underwires if you're planning on breastfeeding - just something to keep in mind - as it increases the risk of mastisis.

sweet, if you like pasta, a pretty easy way is just to put a bunch of ground beef in your sauce and have slightly more sauce than usual.

That bra looks comfy! I need to start looking at them and nursing tanks too. I am also not blessed there so it will be a challenge.

Maggz, I keep saying I'm working till I'm due but will take off at 39 weeks of I'm miserable which I am almost there anyway so I still have 7 weeks to work at least :-(

I'm starting to get the pelvic and tailbone pain now especially when standing up from a sitting position and it's not nice!!

Really want to chat more but my hands are numb!

Ahh that makes sense lacanadienne. But I'm guessing I'll need to find something with more support at least, although that one does look super comfy and nice.

sweet I second the ground beef with pasta, you can make all kinds of sauces with it, I usually make it from whatever veggies I have (onions and bell peppers for example), then a can of diced tomatoes, throw in some cream cheese, bbq sauce, ketchup, and salsa. I know it sounds weird and DH thinks I'm crazy to put it all together, but when he doesn't see me make it he always likes it! Haha, like a little kid, right ;)
You could also get cubed beef and make stew or crockpot something, or fajitas or tacos.
Steaks are great, lean and you can pair it with whatever you want!

Today was the baby shower at MIL's. It was a great day until the end, I posted about it on the fb group. Baby got a lot of awesome stuff!

All right I'm gonna watch some grey's anatomy and probably fall asleep soon.
Good night ladies :sleep:

Hi ladies! Sorry I haven't been around much lately! Getting ready for the baby shower was a pretty big job as I did most of it myself. But it turned into a really wonderful day! I couldn't be happier. :)

Still in tons of pain, but I think I'm in the home stretch now! I really don't think I'm going to make it to 40 weeks... I wouldn't be surprised if she's here within 3 weeks! Oh man!!! :happydance:

I hope you all are well!!! :hugs:

Dini, hang in there! Soon you'll be at home with your precious baby, and it won't matter.

maggz and Karen, glad your showers went well. Mine is in 3 weeks.

Karen, sorry about the pain. I guess you'll see when the little bean shows up. Are you done work soon?

AFM, I'm getting less and less comfortable (I'm not sure it's exactly pain, but I'm getting pelvic pressure for sure, especially when I go to the bathroom - sorry if TMI), and having a really hard time sleeping, which is rough at work since I'm still dealing with my one student throwing daily tantrums, but I'm definitely on the home stretch. Most stuff is ready for going to the birth centre or hospital. We haven't installed the car seat yet, but will do that fairly soon. Hang in there everyone! We're almost there!

I found a taco pasta recipe that was REALLY good. I'll have to try the meat in a pasta sauce soon too. Thanks ladies!

Maggz - I saw your post, so sorry about how it all ended but that's great you got so much stuff! What all do you still need?

Karen - I saw pics that you were tagged in on FB too, you look great! So glad your shower went well. Do you need a lot of stuff still or are you pretty much set? Can't believe how close you are to your due date! I believe you're due next right, or is there someone closer than you?

Lacanadienne - Sorry you're in such discomfort! Not too much longer until you stop working though, right? You can do it! That's great that you have everything ready to go! Are you in the FB group? I posted in there about hospital bags. Do you have yours all together? I'd love to hear what you packed. Making sure there isn't anything I've missed :)

Things have been pretty uneventful here. Ordered some more baby stuff the other night! Got the butt balm and nipple cream I want to try, it's Earth Mama Angel Baby and I've heard great things about it. Amazon had great prices on them so I got a thing of each to try as well as the little mirror to put on the headrest by her seat so I can see her while driving and then the organizer that attaches to the top of my stroller since it doesn't have any place for a water, keys, or anything. Think I'll go to Target tomorrow to get a few more small things on our list. There really isn't much left at all to get! I can't believe it, I'm so excited :)

Karen glad your shower was a hit :thumbup: The pics were cute!

lacanadienne I agree. I'm getting more uncomfortable. It's not necessarily pain, just discomfort. Can't sit like this, can't lay like that, this joint hurts today and that one tomorrow. Lol.
Sounds like you have your hands full at school though! When are you done with work? Sorry I forgot.

sweet sounds like you're on top of stuff! I wanna get a mirror like that for the headrest. Are you gonna cloth diaper? Or any of you guys? Just curious.
As I suspected people got us a lot of cute outfits and less of the necessities if that makes sense ;) Which is always fun, I don't think we'll be taking much back. He'll be very well dressed that's for sure. We got a good amount of gift cards which we want to use to get cloth diapers, and then we'll need some more plain onesies and simple outfits like that, I'm not gonna be dressing him up every day - I mean we'll be changing outfits multiple times per day, right?! Haha.
We still need bedding, some small stuff like you mentioned, nipple cream, cloth diapers and the shower head to put on the toilet to rinse them off, a changing mat to put on top of the dresser, but I think that's pretty much it! We have all the big stuff, we got two bouncers at the shower, and I can't decide which one we should keep. They're both so cute, one is a monkey with a toy bar that lights up and the other one has little lambs on the toy bar.
I need to start organizing the clothes by size and determine how much extra he will need. Since we don't have the dresser up yet all his stuff is a little scattered right now. Also, my hypnobirthing instructor told me about a girl nearby that has no family around and is having relationship issues, and she's 39 weeks now and doesn't even have a diaper bag. Since we got so much second hand stuff from both my coworker and DH's, I'm gonna get some stuff together for her and give her one of our diaper bags (somehow we ended up with 5!!! hahahah). I hope that will help her out a little, I would hate for that child to go without when there's plenty to go around!

Well, it's been a long day, DH is already asleep, so I think I'll join him. Good night ladies :)

lacanadienne, I'm sorry you're having trouble sleeping! I hope you can find rest soon. And I have 4 days left - Thursday is my last day! How about you?

sweet, I think swampmaiden is next in line, and then me and klink are just one day apart!

Thanks, everyone, the baby shower was a lot of fun! We got incredibly spoiled. I think we got most of the important things from the registry; mostly just little things left. I'm planning on going to Babies R Us to get those remaining things on Friday, and then we'll be all set, I think!

I have my OB appointment in a few hours, and have to do the routine group B strep test. Not really looking forward to that, but oh well, gotta do it! And I'm wondering if while she's taking the sample if she will check if I'm at all dilated. I read that you can feel it happen a bit, like little stabs, and I've felt that a bit, so I think I may be dilated a little. We'll see!

Have a great day, everyone! :hugs:

Hi girls, Maggz and Karen so glad you had a good time at your showers! I'll check out the FB page in a few.

Maggz, that would be so sweet of you to do that for that woman and I'm sure she will appreciate it very very much!

Sweet, I'd love to see that taco pasta recipe. I am in need of some new ones, I'm bored of what we eat normally and I haven't been wanting to cook much with my numb and painful hands lol but pasta is usually pretty easy.

AFM, I'm feeling a bit better today, hands are numb but got a bit of sleep. Managed to sweep and mop the house and did our taxes finally. I have to mail the federal ones though because of a snafu with DH's foreclosure from 2009. I hope it doesn't take forever to get our refund because we need it to get our furniture out of layaway. I may have to borrow the money from my dad though because it's due out in 30 days and we don't have the money.

Well I have officially figured out that working 2 12 hours shifts in a row is too much. I have no choice in the matter but it's rough. When I got home last night my legs and ankles were so swollen, I just can't get over it! I checked my BP at work and it was perfect, I guess I'm just one of the unlucky ones. The swelling was better this morning though. Also...I have a question. Anyone ever have their urine come up positive for ketones? I got online to see my test results as I always do and it showed moderate ketones. No protein or glucose but ketones. My Blood sugar has been fine, I even checked it 20 min after eating an apple and it was 81 so it's not that, I am hoping I was just dehydrated at that time.

Yay for getting stuff done Dini :thumbup:
I have no idea what ketones are? Don't think I've been positive for them, at least doc hasn't said anything. What do they do?
Sorry you're feeling so many side effects... I'm lucky no swelling over here - yet at least!

Hahaha as I'm writing this the baby is literally trying t break out! I wish he would keep going when I pull up the camera to film a video. He always stops as soon as the lens is on the belly :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->