Expecting #1 positive thinking buddies, sticking together!

Haha Dini that reminds me of our studio apartment that we had before this one. We had two chairs and the bed, that was it for seating ;) :haha:

Well normally we have a couch and love seat but they are packed in another room. We decided to call it quits for the night, we are all beat but hopefully we get enough done tomorrow we can at least put the furniture back. I'm still so nervous about the trim because my husband isn't at all picky and is okay leaving gaps along the wall and I am not.

Maggz, that's sweet about your birthday dinner and cake. Happy Birthday! :happydance:

Dini, hopefully the renos get done quickly, and according to your standards. And good luck as to your glucose results. I think they would have called you if they were concerned, though.

AFM, I am tired, and feel like I might be coming down with something, so it'll be early to bed tonight. :sleep: But I am DONE my last set of report cards! :happydance: Hopefully things calm down on the work front now. We also bought a new car, that we'll be picking up on Saturday. And I found the car seat we wanted (Chicco Keyfit 30) at $80 off because of some promotion Sears was having this weekend. :thumbup:

Lacanadienne I hope you get some rest! That is a great deal for that seat. That's the one we want as well. We registered for the travel system with that seat. I'd have been tempted to just buy the seat if I'd have found it on sale though.

As far as the reno's go, they aren't going well at all. They got over half done yesterday and today got stuck on a closet and literally worked all day until 6pm on the same spot when my husband decided to tear up the entire floor and start over after his brother left. I am so stressed over the chaos at the house and not a single place to sit Etc that I broke down and cried because I just want to sit down and relax. DH was very sweet about it and when I stopped crying he told me it was okay and he would fix it. Then I decided to stay home from work tomorrow and help him, well more like support him plus I need to sit and relax even if it means laying in bed and reading for an hour. I am emotionally drained and just dont want to deal with work. I shouldn't use my vacation time as it will take a day of maternity leave away but I really feel like I need it. I hope he gets the majority of it done tomorrow.

Dini, I'm sorry the renovations have been so stressful! I think you made a good choice taking a day off. Hopefully you can get some good rest, and hopefully today will be a better day!

Lacanadienne, yay for finishing report cards! Good job! :)

Maggz, hope you had a great birthday yesterday, and that your weekend will be lots of fun! It sounds great!

The restaurant we went to is primarily a steakhouse, but they have lots of chicken and seafood dishes, too. It's quite the place to indulge, lol. We had the triple-cheese garlic bread to start, which I am *still* thinking about - sooo good - and spinach salad with goat cheese and strawberries. Then for my main course I had a mushroom-stuffed chicken with garlic mashed potatoes and asparagus. There was so much that I got to have a second dinner off the leftovers the next day. Mmm mmm. It was a very nice date night indeed. :)

Sounds yummy Karen! :)

Dini hope it starts working better, glad that your DH is doing everything he can for his prego lady. :hugs:

good job lacanadienne! And yay for the purchases, what kind of car did you get??

29 weeks today! Lower back pain is back since school started so it's def related to sitting in the class room, even if it's just an hour or two at a time. :( Really looking forward to yoga tonight since last week was cancelled (was supposed to be my first class). Oh and I got some new clothes I'm running out of ways to make my regular tops work :haha: Cardigans I felt were a good bet cause I can always use them afterwards as well!

So I guess I'll have some leftover birthday cake before I start homework ;)

Dini, hope your day off helps you feel better. It's a tough call, especially when it takes away from your maternity leave, but your health is your main concern right now. :hugs: Hopefully your DH will have the renos done in no time.

Karen, that sounds delicious! Glad your date night went well.

Maggz, we got a Hyundai Sonata, so mid-sized sedan. It's silver! Sorry your back ache is back. I definitely recommend yoga, though. I haven't had as much pain since I started back with aqua fitness and yoga three weeks ago.

Thanks for the thoughts girls!

Karen that date night sounds lovely! I'm praying for one Friday night, well at least a dinner.

Maggz, I hope you enjoy yoga, I know how bad back pain can be. Yay for 29 weeks!! Almost 30!

Well I'm so glad I took today off. When I got up I was in so much pain. The chiropractor told me I'd be in more pain before I got better and she wasn't kidding. My back hurt so bad, still does even with icing it a few times. My hips are feeling a bit better though however my hands and arms are still very achy and my hands I numb so fast it takes me forever to type a message like this on my phone. I'm hoping the chiropractor can fix my carpal tunnel if nothing else. She thinks it's something called double crush syndrome where there is an issue in the neck as well as the wrist and it's caused by extra fluid and my job of course.

As far as the renovation goes, today was better. DH doesn't feel well so he called it an early night but he got almost all the actual floor down, just has a closet and a two more rows to do. Still need to do the edging and transitions to the doorways and fix the trim he had to remove. Hopefully he can get most of that done tomorrow. The biggest thing I want done is his friend to come help him put furniture back. Even if it's not in the right place but we need a place to sit and relax because Friday he isn't allowed to do any work on the house. It's his last day of vacation. If I'm still in pain tomorrow I'm taking another day off but that will really cut into my maternity leave and I may only get nine weeks unless we can figure a way to go two weeks without pay. Oh the joys of being an adult!!

lacanadienne I've heard good things about Sonatas! You do aqua sports and yoga? That must be awesome. I wish there were public pools open year round here.

Dini sorry you're still in pain :( Sounds like he got a lot done especially for being by himself!

I might not check in at all until next week, I have school and a double shift tomorrow and then I'm thinking about driving up to see DH tomorrow night instead of Friday morning. Traffic will be easier and that way Friday will be driving free :)
Yoga was great, really released my back somehow and showed me some ways to help open up my hips and back.
Hope you have a good weekend ladies, I might read some but I'll see if I get a chance to respond! Good night :)

Maggz, have a good time if you drive up early!

He did get it all done, except the trim around the floor which will maybe be another week or two, but today we got the cable rerouted to the other wall because the new furniture will only fit one way in our living room. I can't wait to get that out of layaway because our floor looks so nice but our furniture is ancient and sooo ugly!

Had to go get two tires and a tie rod replaced on our car today, so another $550 out the window! Man we have spent $2000 in the last few days. Now we are broke again lol. Honestly that's kinda freaking me out a bit. We have so many other expenses in the next few months that it's stressing me out. We can't do anything on credit so we have to pay cash for everything we do and that is really tough right now. I'm really afraid I won't be able to get enough maternity leave to allow us to go on vacation the first week of June to see DH's great grandma. I guess we will just have to wait and see. If baby doesn't come till he is expected I should be fine.

Ah...sorry for the long post!!

Lacanadienne - I'm glad your glucose results came back normal! And yay for being done report cards! I hope you can get a break now with all of that craziness. Congratulations on the new car!

Dini - I'm sorry about all of the stress with the flooring but I'm glad your DH was able to get it done for the most part! Just keep hanging in there, things always seem to have a way of working themselves out.

Maggz - I hope you had a nice birthday and trip to see your DH!

Things are relatively calm here. Still sorting things out for the move and for starting school in the fall but there's still plenty of time to get that all figured out and I really can't do anything about either right now. I'm just a really big planner lol so I'm trying to get things all in ordered and figure out what I can. We have all of the big stuff for the baby besides the breastpump but I feel like there is still sooo much little stuff to get, mostly receiving blankets, crib sheets, and crib skirt I think. Oh and the "blooming bath" that I want for her. I feel like the list will be never ending though lol.

I hope everyone is doing well and hanging in there!

lacanadienne - new car and finished report cards - sounds like a good day!

Ugh Dini, I hate reno chaos too. We have work that should get done before baby arrives as well...not sure how well it's going to work out though. I think I'll be satisfied with a clean and organized house (which still feels like a far off dream at this stage).

Hope you're having a wonderful visit Maggz! I'm glad you liked yoga...I still haven't gone to a class yet. But next week for sure! I have Mondays and Wednesdays to choose from.

That's very exciting about school Sweet.

Tree I laughed at your clean and organized house comment! I feel the same!

Sweet, I considered registering for the blowing bath, it's so cute and seems so simple and easy to store.

Hey ladies! How are you all? I've just been silently reading all your posts (stalker much?!) thanks for all your support ladies, it means a lot. As far as getting help went,
I can't take credit. It was a joint push from the community midwife and my mum to get help as they both realised something wasn't right. Charlotte is a month old and she doesn't look like my newborn anymore. Also I got a baby free hour last night, and went out to OH's house. It was so relaxing!! When you have your LO's definitely take an hour or two for yourself.

Lacanadienne - exciting about the new car AND getting those report cards done! I bet it feels like a huge weight off your shoulders.

Maggz, happy belated birthday!

Sweet - when are you moving? Also what on earth is a blooming bath haha I'm intrigued lol.

I don't usually post on this thread but I do read occasionally. I was intrigued by a blooming bath also so thought I'd post as I am just that curious.

I wonder if they make blooming baths for adults, it looks so comfy hahah!!

sweet, the blooming bath is really cute. Do you know what color you want to get?

tree, I'm sure you'll get things organized enough.

Dini, glad the renos are mostly done. Sorry about the car trouble. Cars are expensive at the best of times.

Bree, glad to hear you're doing better, and you got to get out of the house for a bit.

AFM, this was my first day back at work in four days (had to take Friday and Monday off because, as I suspected, I was coming down with something). I've had a pretty good cold going, but the mucus is slowly drying up. It's a relief to be done report cards, though, and I have less than six weeks of work left, so it shouldn't be too bad. Half-day of school tomorrow because I have another midwife appointment, and after this one, I'll be going every two weeks. Also starting to look at nursing clothes, and I found someone close by who is selling her entire maternity/nursing wardrobe, so I'll go investigate tomorrow. Buying that stuff new is just so expensive.

Wow lacanadienne how great to be so close to being done with work! I'm going to try to work till the end. Emphasis on TRY! That would be nice if you like the stuff she is selling!

I was thinking about some nutsing stuff. I don't want to buy a bunch incase I can't bf well. I'm a bit worried about it as I've had PCOS since I was a teen and literally stopped puberty around 13 years old and my breasts are really small for my size and I wonder if the milk ducts developed right. I guess we will see!

I really think I may get a blooming bath, so cute and portable! Babies r us had the yellow but that was it. So did target I think.

Hey girls,

I haven't been on here a while, thanks to a flu that refuses to leave me. Still nursing a sore throat and cold without any meds with green tea and the likes. DH also has to leave for a wedding this weekend so Im on my own :|

Bree glad you are doing well and had a little time to yourself and OH :)

I hope to post more in detail later. Hope you all are well! Any Valentine's weekend plans?
XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->