Expecting 2nd time -mixed emotions

Gmb1234

Reaction score
Just found out pregnant with number 2. my little girl has just turned 1. Nature is having a laugh at us. Number 1 took us a year of desperate trying, timing etc we did everything, then one evening of stupidity cos we really thought getting pregnant again would be really hard for us and I am still breastfeeding turns out that was enough!! (Yes i know, we are idiots).Feeling very confused . Jus felt my life had returned, in good routine with our girl, was back at work full time, planning to go for promotion, got my figure back (about to do an Olympic triathlon in 2 weeks), life was good. Feeling so selfish saying this but really was a shock to find out I have to go through pregnancy, birth and new baby again now. Really not sure i can cope with 2 under 2 and altho we were lucky and got lot of support from family first time rou d i think it was because it was a novelty (1st grand hild) and woried wont bappen this time when ill need it more.rAlso worried because just been reading that risks for baby when not spaced more than 18 months apart and not sure my little girl will be old enough to deal with a sibling (she is very strong willed.)
On the plus side we know we wanted 2 and didn't know if it would even happen for us when we were ready to try again (ideally we wanted 2 1/2 year gap), this time baby was conceived without any stressand I think I will be more relaxed about exercise so hopefully won't put on as much weight this time and I guess I can still go for promotion at work before baby starts to show? I am tired tho... was a nurse commenting "mummy looks tired" when took baby for her jabs yesterday that made me think hang
Anyone else's pregnancy come as a shock? Any second timers got any things to say to cheer me up?

I'm sorry you're feeling this way, but completely understand because I'm going through the same thing. Our daughter is 9.5 months old and we tried for a year with her and got pregnant with the help of clomid after 2 losses. This time we weren't even trying (not preventing either) and I just found out a few days I'm expecting again. My kids will be about 17 months apart, which terrifies me. I also feel a little sad that my daughter won't have all our attention anymore and am scared I can't love another baby as much as her(I'm sure that sounds so stupid). I'm trying to look at the positive, we definitely wanted another baby and are so lucky that we didnt have to try long again. I'm hoping my babies will be best friends since they'll be so close in age also. I finally lost all my baby weight and have been exercising so it kind of depresses me that I'm going to gain all the weight back also. I know once I have my first ultrasound and see the baby I will be so excited I think it's just going to be an adjustment since it wasn't exactly how we planned it. Hope you start feeling better soon, message me anytime if you need to talk. :hugs:

My daughter is almost 14 months and we tried to get pregnant and now Im so worried about ruining her life. Im a stay at home mom. I feel guilty that she won't get my full attention. Im not worried about loving the new baby but worried about my baby girl. Btw last pregnancy was a surprise and I was so scared and wasn't ready...and this one all planned out.

My son is 11months (took 3years to conceive) had an mc in may and fell pregnant again in June, he will be 17months when new baby is here so totally understand your feelings x

I found out I'm pregnant yesterday. My daughter is 7 months so will be 15 months when new baby arrives. I'm feeling really nervous about having two so close together! My DD took 11months to conceive this baby is a complete surprise

I feel you. My exact words when seeing the bfp were "Well, damn". My biggest fear is not having kids 13 months apart, but the fear of what this pregnancy could do to me. They say wait at least a year before carrying, and here I am pregnant 5 months post partum. The consolation in the closeness of age is that my husband and his brother are 11 months apart and are super tight. I'd like to see that in my kids as my sister and I hated each other (7 year difference)

It took 6 months too conceive LO that I thought it'd take us a while again next time we tried. This time I miscalculated the dates on when I oved :dohh: Although I have finally come to terms with there being another on the way, I still worry and stress on how on earth am I gonna manage it this time, as LO still needs quite a lot of hands on with her.

This baby was planned but only took 2months to conceive, my lo will b 2yrs 4months when I'm due so not as concerned re age gap as think its nice BUT my worries r still many...including:

I'm an only child, I have no experience of siblings n worry i won't understand sibling rivalry etc

We found baby no.1 amazing...but the hardest thing we have ever done. We went for no.2 so lo wouldn't b alone n for the joy they bring as they get a bit easier (lol) I am dreading the new born stage

We r finally getting sleep again...that'll go lol

I was slimmer than b4 pg n had to work v hard as put on lots...worried my body won't spring back 2nd time around

I didn't bond with my lo for 12weeks...wen it happened it was incredible but if it happens again il feel like I love my lo more...even tho its just I know her better

My Dh is great but crap at night n when tired, hope we pull thro having 2!!

I sound ungrateful I'm pg n my god I'm not its just 2nd time round u know what's coming n even tho its worth it it scares the shit out of me!!!

Thanks ladies. Was expecting a barrage of criticism for being selfish and ungrateful so scared to look at this thread again until now. Last sentence of ure post CKJ summarises it exactly. I'm sure we will all cope and our first babies will be so grateful to have a brother or sister when they get older (I have 4 amazing little sisters!) But we've been there before and the journey first time round is so amazing and the newness and wonder got me through the discomfort, tiredness and hard work last time. I just hope I can find that again second time round. The shock is starting to wear off and I'm starting to believe I can manage. Husband being very good about it. Good luck to all of you. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->