Expressed for first time - Questions!!

LoPanda

Mama to 2 expecting #3
Reaction score
My little girl is EBF and 4 weeks old tomorrow - After her morning feed I decided to crack out my pump and try expressing for the first time. I used a Lansinoh Affinity Double Pump and I think it went OK, although I think I need bigger flanges for the pump or to turn the suction down a little as my nipples were a bit swollen afterwards.

I pumped for 12 mins and got about 1oz from the boob she fed from and 3oz from the other boob - is this a normal amount?

Would I get this amount after each feed or does it get less as the day goes on?

She's due to wake up any minute and I'm scared there won't be much for her but its been a few hours now so sure will be fine :thumbup:

Don't know the answers but interested to find out as I'll be starting to pump soon too.

I use a manual pump and get a different amount at different times of day. That's a good amount to have pumped especially if you had just fed lo. Don't worry about a shortage for lo, pump after you have fed and your body will adjust for the demand. I find my nipples slightly swollen after pumping, but would imagine it would be more so after using an elec pump

Hope this is of some help x

Really helpful thank u for your reply x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"