Expressing

kookie

pregnant with no 4
Reaction score
i exclusively breast feed my LO but next month i am having a few drinks so wanna express enough for a few feeds does anyone now how much he'd take each feed at his age (4months)its so hard because you dont see how much they take any help would great i tried expressing last night just to see how i'd go i only managed 60mls each side so 120mls all up is that good or bad?

Actually, from what I understand you need to drink an awful lot for it to affect the baby. If you're just having a few you would probably be fine to feed.

Yeah like Marley says u can have a glass of red wine every night and still be ok. However at 4 months I am guessing your lil one may drink anywhere between 3-5 ounces per feed. How often is he feeding at the moment? Every 3 hours?

A baby should take 10-15% body weight per day before 6 months... Works out to be 3.5-5.5oz per Kilo

How much they'll take at each feed and how often is dependant on baby.

I have no idea!!!! I have only ever breastfed my 3 girls. Useless answer from me but enjoy your evening out!:dohh:

Just on a note I think 120mls is very good... I was lucky if I got a couple on ounces (60ml) out when breastfeeding as well....

I was thinking about this earlier, and because babies clutter feed on a evening and have the majority of their daily milk then, I'd suggest you should give your Mum around 20-30oz, and try off on a small amount at each feed )perhaps 4oz?), and if he's still hungry then she could give him alittle more. I know the majority of babies will take around 6+ oz per feed at about 4 months though.

Like I said previously it's quite hard to attain because all babies are different... but I'm sure it's something you can work out with your baby.

Good Luck, and enjoy your night-off.... x :)

Yeah like Marley says u can have a glass of red wine every night and still be ok. However at 4 months I am guessing your lil one may drink anywhere between 3-5 ounces per feed. How often is he feeding at the moment? Every 3 hours?
yeah he drinks 3-4 hourly

Just on a note I think 120mls is very good... I was lucky if I got a couple on ounces (60ml) out when breastfeeding as well....

I was thinking about this earlier, and because babies clutter feed on a evening and have the majority of their daily milk then, I'd suggest you should give your Mum around 20-30oz, and try off on a small amount at each feed )perhaps 4oz?), and if he's still hungry then she could give him alittle more. I know the majority of babies will take around 6+ oz per feed at about 4 months though.

Like I said previously it's quite hard to attain because all babies are different... but I'm sure it's something you can work out with your baby.

Good Luck, and enjoy your night-off.... x :)
thanks for your help you had alot of great advice really helped thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->