Extreme emotional stress...is it bad for my baby??

MNgirl1991

Reaction score
Hey guys. Been feeling like I'm gonna explode lately with stress. I am not one to air my dirty laundry online so I'll just keep it short. There have been issues with DH and I and it's had me so stressed out all I do is cry everyday and feel so nauseous from morining sickness that it's almost impossible to keep food down. On top of that, I am currently struggling to find a job since I moved due to my husband's military career and even tho we aren't poor, I would like to be able to work and save money for the baby. Plus getting out of the damn house would be nice, I'm going stir crazy being stay at home all the time.

I know this stress isn't healthy for anyone but I'm especially worried that it could cause issues with my pregnancy, like possible mc? Does anyone have any reassurance or advice? I'm really at my wits end.....
TIA

Hi, I don't really have a useful response for you but I didn't want to read and run. While I'm sure stress isn't good I am also sure our bodies are more resilient than we think. Any way you can reduce this stress?

Thank you for responding! I started doing yoga today, some small exercises and it helped a little bit so I think if I keep it up I'll start to feel a lot better. Other than that, I can't take my regular anxiety medication until I talk to a doctor about if it's safe or not. I have no idea and haven't looked into it. But I guess I should lol
I'm sure my baby will be just fine, I'm just a huge worry wart. As I'm sure most of us ladies are when we get pregnant lol

i try to avoid stress at all costs because it can cause a rise in unhealthy hormones that may effect the baby in a negative way. do your best at avoiding stress conductors so it doesnt put stress on the baby as well.

i try to avoid stress at all costs because it can cause a rise in unhealthy hormones that may effect the baby in a negative way. do your best at avoiding stress conductors so it doesnt put stress on the baby as well.

Thank you for replying. I'm trying. It's just difficult when a big part of my stress comes from my husband. LOL and I got a call about a job interview today so I REALLY hope that leads me somewhere. I will be so much less stressed if I can make a little of my own money. haha

Thank you for replying. I'm trying. It's just difficult when a big part of my stress comes from my husband. LOL and I got a call about a job interview today so I REALLY hope that leads me somewhere. I will be so much less stressed if I can make a little of my own money. haha
that's what we wanna hear! good news and possibilities. sending positive vibes and good luck your way

Sigh. I just lost my post. This is going to shorter as I have to sleep.

I suffer anxiety too. My doctors refer to the website motherisk.org
Depression and anxiety are harmful to YOU in the long run, and consequently can affect the baby. Did you quit your meds cold turkey? That could be part of the issue. You're doing the right thing by getting exercise, I hope you can work things out with your partner. Counselling is a good option too.

Some article that may be of interest:

https://www.motherisk.org/prof/updatesDetail.jsp?content_id=1078

https://www.motherisk.org/prof/updatesDetail.jsp?content_id=1075

https://www.motherisk.org/women/updatesDetail.jsp?content_id=337

I should add that motherisk is a research and evidence based website, they review all the latest research, they are doctors and professionals.

Certainly I don’t want to raise your anxiety further, but doctors do believe that maternal stress and anxiety during pregnancy can have both immediate and long-term effects on her offspring. When a pregnant woman is chronically stressed or experiences extreme stress, the baby may be exposed to unhealthy levels of stress hormones, which can impact the baby’s brain development. Chronic or extreme maternal stress may also cause changes in the blood flow to the baby, making it difficult to carry oxygen and other important nutrients to the baby’s developing organs. In addition, chronically or severely stressed mothers may feel overwhelmed and fatigued which might impact their diet and sleep habits and consistency of prenatal care.
However, I do hope with your new job and other stress relieving techniques like yoga, meditation, you will surely fight it off for betterment of you and your baby. Treat yourself occasionally, create a support group and vent out!!!
Sending you hug and positive vibes!!!

Maybe try hypnosis? My husband is a hypnotist and sees people all the time for all kinds of stress and anxiety, a good hypnotist can teach you self hypnosis techniques that you can use whenever you feel that stress. You can even do it via Skype so its available even if not in your area

When a pregnant woman is chronically stressed or experiences extreme stress, the baby may be exposed to unhealthy levels of stress hormones, which can impact the baby’s brain development. Chronic or extreme maternal stress may also cause changes in the blood flow to the baby, making it difficult to carry oxygen and other important nutrients to the baby’s developing organs. In addition, chronically or severely stressed mothers may feel overwhelmed and fatigued which might impact their diet and sleep habits and consistency of prenatal care.

And there are many medications that are quite safe options as well.

Thanks ladies! I have had someone mention hypnosis but I was hypnotized 5 years ago for a party and I had really weird and unpleasant dreams for a while afterwards so I'm a little hesitant to try it again. Lol
It would be so much easier to be less stressed if my husband knew how to be a little more understanding and sympathetic about what I'm going through, hormonally. I can't tell you know many times a week I get "you done being crabby yet?"
There should be a class for expecting fathers to take to make our lives a little easier Lol
I can't wait to talk to my doc about if my anxiety medication will be safe to take again.

My hubs is military too, on base we have a new dads class once a month. We also have MFLAC counselors that I think you both should see. If he's just not getting you, and saying things like "you done being crabby yet" or sometimes saying you're crabby just because you're pregnant I would drag him to an appointment so he can see how he's affecting you.

You should be able to just call and make a same day appointment with your PCM, if you don't have micare, you should sign up for it. Often times I can make an appointment the day before with it or the day after. It's pretty great.

I hope you feel better soon. Stress is no good, I was really stressed with work last month and that ended in a chemical, this month I'm trying to take it easy. I'm sure you'll be fine, but long term stress is just no good in general.

For slightly different reasons I had a really stressful first pregnancy (my oh pretty much left me) and I was totally stressed throughout. It didn't cause me to have a mc but I have also read about the long term effects on baby. I - obviously - think my lo is totally perfect but I guess time will tell!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->