Extremely dry skin

poppy

Mum of Three
Reaction score
Tristan is suffering from really dry skin at the moment. I have just got some bath milk and cream (Oilatum) from the doctor for him and have just started using them. Have any of your babies had really dry skin and what have you put on it to help?

Brenn's skin was horrible for a while, and felt terribly rough, and I used Dream Cream from Lush on it, now it is baby soft.

I used Vitamin E gel on her face because it was soooo dry. It worked really fast and its all natural so it doesn't irritate

Hi, My eldest had severe excema from birth and to be honest the thing that helped most was using Oilatum as you already are and plain liquid parrafin its not fancy and is very greasy but even if you just used it at night it really is brilliant. I use it on my youngest if she gets any little patches and it clears it by the next day. Also something to be aware of is any creams containing lanolin can make dry skin worse ( sorry if this is obvious)

Tom's got a very small patch of dry skin on his cheek, we use vaseline :)

leyla has reallyyy dry feet and hands and i was told to use olive oil

x

I use Oilatum in Poppy's bath and then massage her with grapeseed oil. I also use Hydromol on her really dry patches.

if maddi has any dry patches i always find aqueous cream to be great, you can buy it in boots or most supermarkets i believe or chemists x

The Oilatum is great - it makes a huge difference. Also we use Aveeno - 3 times a day when it was bad. It calmed it down straight away and now we use it once a day to keep it at bay. Hope he gets better soon!

My only real concern is that Tristan has a birthmark on his back and the dry skin is really dry over it. Two days ago, there was a slight bit of blood on it, so I have made an appointment at the doctor to have a look at it. I think it might just be down to the dry skin but better to be on the safe side.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"