Eye Colour

Younglutonmum

Mummy To Maya & Bump
Reaction score
Was just wondering how long it takes for a newborns eyes to change to there permanant colour?

Maya was born with beautiful dark blue eyes so i'm just curious to see if this will be her eye colour or will they go green like I expect because both me & her sperm doner have green eyes?? Maybe even a different colour??

xxx

Caitlyns are only now turning brown. They have been dark blue untill now.

I have brown eyes and my husband has green eyes. Josh's eyes were dark blue at birth and now they're getting really bright blue!!! :happydance:

Carlys was dark blue and turned brown ( all babies are born with blue eyes) where ella had lighter blue eyes when born and have gotten lighter ;)

Hannah's eyes have been brown since birth. No hint of blue at all :D I thought I'd read somewhere that if your baby has brown eyes at birth they will stay that color, but babies with blue eyes eye color can change.

Kacy was born with brown eyes and has stayed at brown.

Kira was born with blue eyes and still has got blue eyes

my son Ali has gorgeous brown eyes - like his dad - they are huge and like saucers! i really hope they don't change!

Christine
X

Usually around 6 months but i've heard it take up to a year x

As Kaci says, normally six months but can be upto a year.

You can't eally predict eye colur, both me & OH have hazel/ green eyes, DS has choclate brown, DD bright blue, DD2 grey/ v pale blue. Go figure that!

Bella's were dark blue and now they are starting to be brown almost all the time. Sometimes they change a little more blue, but I think they'll end up being brown.

Apparently if they are going to have dark eyes you'll probably see their permanent colour within 3 months, but it can take up to a year. Sam's are still blue now, but not as dark blue as they were when he was born - OH and I both have brown/green eyes though so they're unlikely to stay blue...I love them the way they are now though! x

Coltons are so confusing.. it's like they are teasing us.. :dohh:
He was born with dark blue; then they got somewhat lighter.. now they look blue/green/brown on different days. :shrug:

Mine has greyish,greenish,brownish eyes. Every day it seems to be a different colour. Pediatrician said it takes 9 months to officially develop the permanent colour.

Max has grey eyes now and i dont think they will change ..althougth dads got awsome eyes that change color ..but he also said theres no such thing as grey ? is that possible

look at this pic max took for you guys lol those are grey

Attachments

• n514193283_894356_4857.jpg
    n514193283_894356_4857.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 18
My son was born with dark grey eyes and when he was about 6 months they turned dark brown i cant wait to see wot colour eyes this baby is going to have so excited lol.

Charlotte's eyes were green/blue (but mostly green) when she was born, now they're turning grey/blue. Mine are green, DH's are blue...my Dad's are grey...sisters are blue...so who knows what she's gonna get. I'm hoping for the green though, since she's got red hair!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->