Eye Contact / Smiling

Ann-Marie

I adore my 3 children !!!
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else's baby tends to not look at your face ?? Whenever I'm talking to Mia, she is just about always looking above my head... and I'm constantly changing my position to try to get her to look in my eyes... I might catch them for a few seconds, and then she averts her gaze again :hissy: Also, she's not smiled at me yet.... I've caught her giggling at the wall.... and the sofa... and the shelf above her changing station... but they are obviously far more amusing than Mummy... she just seems to get a look of total amazement when I talk :huh: :lol:

Any ideas ?

x

.... and then I read this back and look at my pics :rofl: Very rare moments :dohh:

Caitlyn was really good with eye contact with me right from the off, she looked at everyone elses forehead though.. I think they search for hair lines before they can focus on features.

She smiled at 3 weeks 5 days but all babies are different. :hugs:

Hannah smiled at her mobile for weeks before she ever smiled at us :lol: As for not looking in your eyes, I honestly can't remember what Hannah did at that age, I do know that now she'd rather look around than look at us

The boys were really into eye contact and smiled at around 3 weeks too....
I can see a smile in her eyes.. but she just doesn't actually smile... :(
Makes me worry about autism....

Oh don't be so silly! ALOTTTTTTTT of babies don't smile untill 5/6 weeks.

Getting eye contact with caitlin is madness - I fight her eye contact with the TV :dohh:

You're right... I think maybe I just need to work on my 'silly' voice :lol:

Getting eye contact with caitlin is madness - I fight her eye contact with the TV :dohh:

same here :rofl: Was trying to put Hannah down for a nap earlier and I had to turn the TV off (at which point she got mad at me) :rofl:

And don't worry Ann-Marie, Hannah was smiling by 4 weeks but she wasn't smiling often and like I said it was at her mobile, I around 6 weeks or so she really started giving us the gummy grins :D

oooh.. the gummy grins !! I so can't wait for those..... and the cooing... I don't know what she sounds like yet... apart from her cry.

I'm getting dizzy now fro thread hopping :wacko: :lol:

yeah me too... but I'm catching up on ghost whisperer while they're all asleep !! :dohh:

courtneys good with eye contact... and she smiles too!! However its a bit hit and miss with her smiling!! lol!!

Might pop down to the drop in hv clinic tomorrow and see what they reckon... about her being a gannet too :D Will see what she weighs now too.........

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->