Eye Contact / Smiling

Your LO is still so young still...I wouldn't worry about eye contact. If she continues to avert her eyes when she's 4 months, then I'd maybe ask my doc. Good Luck! I'm sure everything is fine.

my LO didnt do a definate smile a me until 6 weeks. dont worry.

do you bfeed? i get lots of eye contct then.

Elliot is always looking/staring at me-he's started staring at other people more now too.

As for smiles-im really looking forward to that!

x x

knowing you, you'll take her to see the HV and she'll give huge smiles and act like your a crazy woman :rofl:

Dont worry about it hun, Caitlyn didn't smile properly til 5-6 weeks

xxx

Chase stares at me constantly while feeding....looks right at my eyes. Daddy tries to get eye contact and Chase looks around at everything but. LOL

His first smile was when he was around 3 weeks old but this past week he's been smiling a lot and almost starting to giggle.

hey,

i really wouldnt worry, tommys first smile was at 9 weeks and he was just the same no eye contact looking every where else but at me...i asked them at the clinic if he could have a problem with his eyes as i genuinely thought there was something wrong *he hardly ever blinked aswell lol*

he doest stop smiling now and always looks at us until he sees his big sis or the lamp shade that he loves..were also getting there with the giggles..no proper oned just mini ones so far!!

h x

Actually it is very normal for babies to avert their eyes and not look directly at you. One of my books was saying that at that age, it can just be too overwhelming for them to look you directly in the eyes for long. So they look off but will still see you in their prephrial vision. Bren did the same thing to me, and I was worried as well till I read that. Give your LO some time, and soon she will be staring at you all the time!

Getting eye contact with caitlin is madness - I fight her eye contact with the TV :dohh:

Same here! If my lil madam is screaming her head off she just has to catch a glimpse of the tv and she stops! And she would much rather watch tv than look at or talk to me...:cry:

oh i read somewhere if they are avoiding looking at you it could mean they want some time out alone....Amelia does this occasionally she gets fidgity (sp?) and i put her on her playmat and she is fine.

Max only now started to actually look at me when i talk lol and for smiling he started at 5 weeks

Getting eye contact with caitlin is madness - I fight her eye contact with the TV :dohh:

Same here! If my lil madam is screaming her head off she just has to catch a glimpse of the tv and she stops! And she would much rather watch tv than look at or talk to me...:cry:

Here's the sad thing. It gets worse!

LOL

Their ears stop hearing you call them as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->