F.A.I.T.H. (Forsaking all, I trust Him)

What a great thread! :)

I'm a Christian too! I'm in Illinois, we've been trying for a year for #1. I had a m/c in June at 5.5 weeks.

I don't post here much, I'm pretty busy with school, but I like to read through occassionally and this thread caught my eye! I don't know yet when I'll be testing next, my cycles are really irregular so I'm temping and just waiting to see that ovulation has happened.

It was really encouraging to read through this thread. I really like the Bible verses you all posted. Here's my contribution:

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does." James 1:2-8

The verses in the second half are talking about wisdom, not babies, but I like to think it can apply anyway. :thumbup:

:dust: :hugs: :dust:

hey, not sure if its ok for me to post here as i am already pregnant but i saw this thread and had to see if i could join, im a very strong chrisitan and would love to keep each of you in my prayers (and your soon to be baby as well):flower:

Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

ohhh this has been my life verse since i became a christian in middle school. its lovely :cloud9:

I'd like to be part of this thread too. What a wonderful idea! I am a Christian too. :hugs:

We are kinda in an "other" cycle at the moment...We tried for about 8 cycles and got a BFP only to lose our little angel at 5+3 on November 2nd. It's been a hard couple days, and I have to admit I was angry at God at first, but I'm just trying to trust that everything is going to work out the way it is supposed to. Again, wonderful thread. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

here are some great verses.

1 peter 1:7-8
"these trials have come so that your faith of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire, may be proved genuine and result in praise, glory, and honor when christ Jesus is revealed.though you have not seen him, you love him, and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an expressible and glorious joy.

and
1 peter 5:10 " and the god of all grace who called you to his eternal glory in christ, (after you have suffered a little while), will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast."

Hi ladies. I have been praying too. I think its really comforting to have faith for times like this. X x x

heres a few verses i think are strengthening.

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10, NKJV

Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass. Psalm 37:4-5 NKJV

Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full. John 16:24, NKJV

As a Christ-follower, I sometimes worry that I'm trying too hard to take matters into my own hands, instead of just letting God handle (as I know He can) my baby wishes. Any others feel that way?

This is me, EXACTLY. I have just recently realized this and had a nice long talk with God about it. So, this cycle while I am still temping, I am going to try to be more layed back about it... let go, and let God. I will not throw baby talk and begging for BD's in hubby's face. We'll do it when it feels natural and whatever happens will happen. God's got a plan for our lives and for the lives of our children. Only He knows when our paths will meet. If it's meant to be, it will be. God knows what He's doing and He knows when we'll be ready to take on the great responsibility of caring for another human being. I am comforted this cycle to know that I have placed it in His hands. I don't have to worry anymore.

Thank you all for the uplifting verses. Jeremiah 29:11 is one of my most favorites. Here's another one (don't think it's been posted yet): Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. (Prov 3.5-6)

As you can see by my signature, I have been trying for several years to get pregnant, and I think I would have really driven myself crazy a long time ago if it was not for my faith... I love those bible verses, but I thought I would share one of the prayers I say every night.

Almighty Creator, hear this fertility prayer and the wishes of my heart.
You know my deep desire for a child -- a little one to love and to hold, to care for, to cherish. Grant that my body may conceive and give birth to a beautiful, healthy baby in Your holy image. Guide me in all my choices so that this conception, my pregnancy and my baby's birth are in line with Your will. Heavenly Father and Holy Mother, hear this prayer of my heart, mind and spirit.Amen.

girls may i just encourage all of you. I am a christian too and i can say that with God nothing NOTHING is impossible. He has just done a miracle with us after me and my hubby prayed and fasted and it worked.We had been praying before but it is just that he has his timing!!
Keep on having faith girls, our God is a good God.
hugs to all of you!

"As a Christ-follower, I sometimes worry that I'm trying too hard to take matters into my own hands, instead of just letting God handle (as I know He can) my baby wishes. Any others feel that way?"

Sorry, Im completely confused. Please tell me how exactly is a mythical being going to ejaculate sperm into your body so you can conceive a child? How can 'God' help you get pregnant!!!! so funny.......

Morning everyone! So encouraged to see all the response to this thread! Thanks for the verses and prayers! Its awesome! I also struggle sometimes with wondering if God is disappointed in me trying so hard for a child and pushing for "my way" so to speak. But I know that the Lord loves little children and all our babies are blessings right from Him. I think He wants us to all be fruitful and multiply and teach our children about Him...

Here is a verse that I really like...
Behold I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there anything too hard for me? Jeremiah 32:27
When I start feeling down and like this is never going to happen for me, I remember who is in charge and I know NOTHING is too hard for Him! Have a great day ladies!

:kiss:

I just love this thread. I am a fellow christian and strong believer in the power of pray. I would love to join this thread.

I got married last year (as you can see in my signature) and we have just started TTC. I have a precious daughter from my previous marriage and my husband has a daughter, but we would like to have a child together.

The verses and prayer have been very uplifting to my spirit this morning. I'll keep you all in my prayers and please do the same for me.

Im a christian living in MS and I have been praying because I just feel that this has to be my month. I am testing in 2 days and I just hope AF stays away!!!!! I would love to be a part!

sorry for posting in here as i'm already a mum and pregnant but i'm a christian too and my dad is a vicar.
i know that ttc can be so frustrating, but as my dad told me when i had 2 mc's that God has a time for everything and everything happens for a reason!
just keep believing and it will happen.
god bless you all x

"As a Christ-follower, I sometimes worry that I'm trying too hard to take matters into my own hands, instead of just letting God handle (as I know He can) my baby wishes. Any others feel that way?"

Sorry, Im completely confused. Please tell me how exactly is a mythical being going to ejaculate sperm into your body so you can conceive a child? How can 'God' help you get pregnant!!!! so funny.......

there is no need to be so disrespectful. if you dont believe then fine thats your choice but there is no need to come in here and be so downright rude to all of us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->