F.A.I.T.H. (Forsaking all, I trust Him)

we should make a group! Hmm...for instance "Godspeed Babies". Anyone have any other ideas? :shrug: I think that making a group would be great =) or we could all pick the same bible verse to put in our signatures (if your open to it) :thumbup:

As i said before i am a very new Christian, but things have been so much better since i let God into my life. He has always been there for me but i just didnt realise it. It's so wonderful to be a part of something so special and to be able to share it with you guys :hugs: last sunday my husband and I had our marriage blessed (he isnt religious so we didnt marry in church.. gutted :cry: ) and our son baptised, it was wonderful.

Goodness me, i must stop rambling! sorry girls i hope you dont mind.

congratulations on excepting our savior! what a blessing to you and what a blessing to your son and (soon to be bump) to have a mother who is going to bring them up knowing the love of the Lord! what a true blessing to see your son baptized (takes me back to when my little guy was baptized:cloud9:) your husband will certainly be in my prayers. dont give up on him, we prayed for my grandfather for 35 years before he finally became a christian. it took most of his life but the only thing that matters is that he did eventually come to know the Lord as im sure through prayer your husband will also.

p.s. talk all you want! this thread is to share, plus it helps us know what to pray for if we know a little about you :hugs:

we should make a group! Hmm...for instance "Godspeed Babies". Anyone have any other ideas? :shrug: I think that making a group would be great =) or we could all pick the same bible verse to put in our signatures (if your open to it) :thumbup:

i love both ideas!!! wonderful ideas guppy! for the Bible verse part i have seen several responses saying they love the Jeremiah 29:11 verse, any other ideas as to which one we could use??:happydance:

That is an excellent choice in bible versus Momof2! I also like this one from Psalm 139:13-14

13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

but that one in Jeremiah is a great pick! I love that one too <3

That is an excellent choice in bible versus Momof2! I also like this one from Psalm 139:13-14

13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

but that one in Jeremiah is a great pick! I love that one too <3

ohh i LOVE that verse from psalm!!! :flower:

Yay!! :happydance: So glad to see you ladies!!

Amanda, you and I are already buddies! We both should be testing around the same time. I too have been praying for us. :thumbup:

So. . . do any of you have any specific prayer requests, other than getting prego obviously :winkwink: ??

I have a specific prayer request! First let me give you a little back ground.

I got pregnant in 2007 and Carly was growing behind. She had severe IUGR and birth defects of the brain and heart. I have several compliactions with that pregnancy. She was born at 28w3d weighing only 13 ounces and 10 inches long. She lived 4 months before passing away. One month later we got pregnant again. I had a doctor who thought everything was peachy. Well he never listened to my concerns and refused further testing w/ u/s. Hannah stopped moving on 11/7/98. Her heart had stopped and she was stillborn. She also had severe IUGR. I also had more complications in that pregnancy as well.

I had a dr. appt with a new doctor. I'm very confident that he has my and baby's (to be) interest at heart. He has a plan for me when I get pregnant again.

My prayer request is that God not only blesses us with another pregnancy, but that our unborn child will be free of defects and that he will bless us with a healthy pregnancy/baby/delivery. We are praying that God will give us a baby to love here on earth. We are also praying that God will give us strength and comfort while we face the challenges of yet another pregnancy.

Hi Ladies (and any men that choose to visit us),

I just finished "publishing" a book written by my pastor on blurb.com. It was actually my dad's idea, but anyways, my pastor had written a manuscript about the journey and his experiences as a Christian and gave it to my dad to read. My dad decided it would be cool to have it printed for him for Christmas, and so I've spent the last couple of weeks fixing the format (he was a hit-enter-after-every-line-twice guys...NIGHTMARE! lol), and *trying* my best to edit the book so we could print it off for him. I didn't realize it would be available to the public, but it is, and it is definitely a great read. It isn't that expensive either to have printed off, especially if you get a paperback copy. Take a look at the preview, and if it seems like something you would enjoy, feel free to get yourself a copy. The Author (my pastor) doesn't know his book is published yet, but I know he certainly wouldn't mind others enjoying his work. I will tell you though, it is a very intelligent read - I have read it though a few times and still haven't completely grasped it all. Anyways, thought I would share, and this seemed like a perfect place to do so. (Besides, we always need something to read while we sit there trying to "keep the soup in the bowl!") :hugs::hugs:

Here's the link: https://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/939761

:happydance::happydance::happydance: I’m sooo happy to find this threat. Christian Believers, who put versus for you and to pray and fellowship and what’s nice on BNB whose TTC together. No unnecessary cussing (profanity):thumbup: and no crazy demonic (satanic) witchcraft:thumbup::thumbup::happydance::happydance: trackers and stuff on their post or boards. I so love this!!! And all due respect ladies, but I can’t stand Halloween and differently can’t stand October!!

:hugs: Thank you for starting this thread. Me and DP been TTC for 1 1/2 years(going on 2) and I have 2 kids now and DP have 1 daughter. And i feel it will be GOD's plan on when i get pregnant with baby :baby: number 3. Right now i'm 10 dpo today and AF is due on Monday the 9th. So if you can keep me and DP in your prayers.

OH M3 M3 I AM!!!! question this might put some ppl off but has god ever.. talked to you? maybe thur someone else or in a dream?

i don't know why this thread escaped me. Im a catholic and faith is super important to me. Regardless of what happened, i always know that God has a special purpose...:thumbup:

Good job ladies! :thumbup:

And oh...can i join your group? :flower:

Yay!! :happydance: So glad to see you ladies!!

Amanda, you and I are already buddies! We both should be testing around the same time. I too have been praying for us. :thumbup:

So. . . do any of you have any specific prayer requests, other than getting prego obviously :winkwink: ??

I have a specific prayer request! First let me give you a little back ground.

I got pregnant in 2007 and Carly was growing behind. She had severe IUGR and birth defects of the brain and heart. I have several compliactions with that pregnancy. She was born at 28w3d weighing only 13 ounces and 10 inches long. She lived 4 months before passing away. One month later we got pregnant again. I had a doctor who thought everything was peachy. Well he never listened to my concerns and refused further testing w/ u/s. Hannah stopped moving on 11/7/98. Her heart had stopped and she was stillborn. She also had severe IUGR. I also had more complications in that pregnancy as well.

I had a dr. appt with a new doctor. I'm very confident that he has my and baby's (to be) interest at heart. He has a plan for me when I get pregnant again.

My prayer request is that God not only blesses us with another pregnancy, but that our unborn child will be free of defects and that he will bless us with a healthy pregnancy/baby/delivery. We are praying that God will give us a baby to love here on earth. We are also praying that God will give us strength and comfort while we face the challenges of yet another pregnancy.

What an awful thing to have to go through, and twice. You have my deepest sympathy :hugs: The Lord will be your strength, i will pray for you <3

Girls, I have a question regarding people who are atheist. Now I don't want to start this into a debate about religion, as I only want to discuss my own family.

I am a Christian (Protestant) as I said in this thread. OH is atheist. He will go along with the 'notion' that there is something out there but he doesn't know what. He doesn't mind going to church, but he won't make the commitment. He seems to just be hedging his bets. :shrug:

Now my reverend says that as long as people live a good, honest life then they will be rewarded but their life will be more fulfilled with God in it.

I know some people take the hard line with it though.

What do you think? It upsets but, but I want to respect his choices. :shrug:

^my OH is the same.

the line i take with it is the same as the reverend at my church. its not my place to judge anyone for their choices, that is God's job. as time goes on, my DH is becoming more open about christianity but hasnt taken the plunge yet. he is still feeling bound by social expectation because lets face it, being a Christian isnt very "cool" *rolls eyes*

i figure he can have a relationship with god however he wants to, he doesnt have to wear a cross or go to church. just the fact that he is interested tells me that God is already speaking to him and he is listening even if he doesnt realise it :)

Me? I say it doesn't matter if you live a "good" life. You can be a saint, but if you don't know Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and savior then your in trouble. You have to believe that God sent his ONLY son to earth. You have to believe that Jesus died on a cross to save you from all your sins, and you have to believe that he ided and rose again in 3 days. I believe that if you don't believe that way then you are NOT saved and you will NOT get to the kingdom of God.

Me? I say it doesn't matter if you live a "good" life. You can be a saint, but if you don't know Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and savior then your in trouble. You have to believe that God sent his ONLY son to earth. You have to believe that Jesus died on a cross to save you from all your sins, and you have to believe that he ided and rose again in 3 days. I believe that if you don't believe that way then you are NOT saved and you will NOT get to the kingdom of God.

Also my beliefs, exactly.

Also my beliefs, exactly.

I have to agree with the above too. Its a tough stance, but its the truth.

However, God is also gracious and patient. So as long as we´re still living on earth, God will continue to speak to his people and give them the choice to choose. And I believe that prayers work wonders!

My Hubby was a free-thinker (He believed in a God, just in some random one) but never was a "spiritual" person. We dated for about 7 months before after lots of prayers (by myself, close friends and my church) and also a lot of openness and efforts on his part to read many books "Mere Christianity", "The case for Christ" etc. that He opened up His heart to God. That was back in mid 2005 and now we´ve been married for more than 3.5 years.

And I´m soo glad that there´s a thread for Christian women too.... I believe its so necessary to include God in the picture. Because no God = No baby.... I know that its hard to hold on to that hope, but if there´s one thing I´m really learning from TTC is that I wasn´t a mistake!!! I was born "accidentally".... but God really planned my life!!!

Me? I say it doesn't matter if you live a "good" life. You can be a saint, but if you don't know Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and savior then your in trouble. You have to believe that God sent his ONLY son to earth. You have to believe that Jesus died on a cross to save you from all your sins, and you have to believe that he died and rose again in 3 days. I believe that if you don't believe that way then you are NOT saved and you will NOT get to the kingdom of God.

Amen. The thing I really like about my church and pastor is he teaches things straight from the Bible. I have been to many churches, and there have been times that the preacher has said things that weren't in the Bible, but believed himself, and I just didn't feel right about that. Being "good" was also one of those things that some of those preachers teach....but if it isn't in the Bible, it isn't God's Word.

Now my reverend says that as long as people live a good, honest life then they will be rewarded but their life will be more fulfilled with God in it.

well this may just be me but in the Bible it says "i am the way the truth and the light, no one comes to the father except through me." and my church (as i am Presbyterian) teaches that unless you believe and except that Jesus is the one true savior then you wont be excepted into eternal life. didnt want to step on any toes but this is what i believe. hope no one gets offended by this :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->