f*cking cats! *will offend cat owners/lovers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I've heard that about greys and White cats, though isn't it that White is dominant so that as white parent will always have some White kittens or am I going crazy?

Whereas for a grey kitten both parents would have to carry the dilute grey gene which makes them more rare.

I don't know much about white cats even though I own them. From what I remember the white colour is a gene that masks another colour (grey usually). Mummy cat was white as a kitten with grey marks that disappeared after a year leaving her completely white. When she had her kittens Cassie was the only pure white and is bi-eyed (not deaf though). The other 3 kittens, 2 males and 1 female were white with grey marks on their head. They're a year old now and only the female has lost her grey.

Makes me think that unless a white male is born pure white his marks won't disappear... though I don't know why that is.

ETA: Yes a white cat usually always has white kittens... I was told she'd have 1 or 2, 4 was a shock!

Sorry, but I'm having a giggle that the thread that was created out of cat-frustration has turned into a kitty love-fest! :rofl:

was just thinking this too,lol:happydance:,all of your cats are gorgeous ladies :) x

Neither Archies mum or dad were grey because i asked, he was an orphan, his mummy got attacked and killed by a dog when he was barely a week old so he was hand reared, hence why he's a little on the small side

The guy wouldnt take any money for him when i went to collect him, i said i wasnt taking him without him taking some money, if only for the time and effort he had put into raising the kittens :(

My cat is really old, he has no teeth left and my dad thinks he has dementia. He also can't jump anymore because my dad accidently ran him over a year and a half ago & broke his pelvis. I love him so much though <3 he's really funny still :) xxx

Another cool cat gene is polydactylism - when they have more than the normal amount of toes.
Our old cat, Mitzi, carried that gene. When she had kittens, the female had a tiny little extra toe, but the three males all had these huge paws with double the number of toes. They could climb like you wouldn't believe! :)

Interesting that white would ever be a dominant colour. Darker pigment almost always dominates over light.

Another cool cat gene is polydactylism - when they have more than the normal amount of toes.
Our old cat, Mitzi, carried that gene. When she had kittens, the female had a tiny little extra toe, but the three males all had these huge paws with double the number of toes. They could climb like you wouldn't believe! :)

Interesting that white would ever be a dominant colour. Darker pigment almost always dominates over light.

I've seen those cats they are awesome!

I managed to find this on the white gene

The white masking gene, W/w. The "W" gene prevents the normal replication and migration of pigment producing cells during embryologic development. As a result, WW and Ww cats have a greatly reduced number of melanocytes and appear white, no matter what other color genes it may carry. Only a cat that is homozygous recessive (ww) will express normal pigmentation.Thus, W is epistatic to the other coat pigmentation genes. Some cats with the W allele of this gene are deaf and/or have depigmentation of the iris of one or both eyes, resulting in blue eye color. White cats are also more likely to get skin cancer.

I didn't realise the blue eyes was a result of depigmentation. Cool. This is Cassie's blue eye x

https://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/189757_1963543253431_1388356992_2273198_126300_n.jpg

I didn't realise the blue eyes was a result of depigmentation. Cool. This is Cassie's blue eye x

https://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/189757_1963543253431_1388356992_2273198_126300_n.jpg

Awwww cutie cat:cloud9:

I think white cats are gorgeous ! Don't see them very often but at my last house, we lived in a tiny cul de sac and there were 2 living in the same street.

We used to have a grey and white cat as well - he was a proper character! We took him in as a stray that was hanging around, everyone knew him and most people liked him but he was always getting into mischief. He disappeared the day before we moved house and I can't prove it but I am pretty sure that one of my neighbours had something to do with it.

This neighbour had a big cage at the bottom of his garden that he kept birds in ( don't agree with caged birds but thats another topic) anyway, the neighbour didn't like the fact that my cat was attracted to the birds so he said he was going to shoot him - nice man !

These are my two cats, they're twin sisters. Their parents were burmese/siamese.

Attachments

• DSC00094.jpg
    DSC00094.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 3
  • DSCF2095.jpg
    DSCF2095.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCF2414.jpg
    DSCF2414.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 4
Holly! Archie is sooooo cute !! I'd love a grey cat, my mum had a beautiful russian blue once <3

awwh so unusual,but she is gorgeous,showed my kids the picture and they said wow her eyes are cool i want a cat with eyes like that mum,:rofl::
and Kassy my cats always lie together like that so sweet isn't it,mine aren't real sisters but really close :laugh2:

aww, she is lovely! so cute x

We have 3 indoor cats. Indoor for THEIR safety, not anyone else's because of how many sick, twisted individuals there are out there who think it's ok to poison them or hurt them.

As much as cats love to roam, I don't agree with people who let their cats roam the streets. Most cats are happy to be indoor cats if brought up that way and have plenty to keep them entertained. Rescue cats are a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back