facebook pics?

clogsy90

mummy of 2 girls
Reaction score
can i just ask for those who have had lil one or are expecting what have you done about photos? i have decided that i don't wants others having photos of her except for me and OH as we know who we have on our facebook, and with this day and age you can get some sickos out there unfortunatly, so this his mother not having an pics and he thinks this is unreasonable do you think it is? she will be our baby and i just want to know who is seeing her :S

You're not going to let his mum have any pictures?

i no it sounds harsh but shes acting like she her property and ie been having alot of trouble with her lately i honestly feel like im ready to leave OH just cos of her i feel like a total bitch but im so close to tears cos her :cry: i don't know if its the hormones but she is basically slagging me off to OH as i don't tell her everything when theres nothing to tell :( sorry i think im feeling sorry for myself grr just ignore me :p

i think facebook brought in the new privacy settings to make this kinda thing more safe.
personally im not worried about publishing pictures... yes there are some sickos out there but if you set all the privacy settings of those pictures to "friends only" then there shouldnt be a problem :shrug:
xx

You can set your ablums to friends only on facebook, but if you still don't want pics on LO up that's up to you, no one else! But i wouldn't stop his mum having pics of her if it was me x

because my family are spreasd out i am going to put scans up & just a pic when LO is born with me & OH

i think not letting your oh's mum have pictures of her grandchild is abit unfair however if u mean not having them on her fb then i can see where u are coming fromif u just ment not wanting her to put them on fb maybe try and explain this to oh and see if he can soeak to her

I think if you are not comfortable putting them on facebook then thats fair enough ( although the new privacy settings make it alot safer/private )

However, I think its unfair to not let your MIL have any pictures at all, even if you dont get on it is still her granchild :shrug:

i spoke to OH this morning about how she has been making me feel, i think it was just something that pushed me and i explained how i feel and he understands he says he will speak to her. its a long list of things she has done, after i found out i was pregnant they got a dog which is notorious for being dangerous and as you can understand i told her i was cautious as anyone would be and had said i wudn't let her see the baby which i would never do, she then phoned OH saying i was being unreasonable about it and slagging me off, i work at the same place as her and this morning i found out she has been telling people at work that i won't let her see the baby, so i think what happened last night was me just being pushed and feeling quite hormonal :dohh: and when OH wudnt back me up it got to me

can't you just scan and print the photos and give to your OH mother? cause then she's not going to give them out, if she knows that she only gets one copy then she's not going to hand them all out. she'll keep them to herself.

i would say give her a selected few. on photo paper. dont give her loads, its not her child, she sounds as horrific as my MIL and i know if ur getting upset by her then shes obviously interfering so much you've been reduced to tears.

As for facebook etc i had veeeeeery sensitive first photos of alex, she was all hooked up with wires and on a ventilator, so i deleted any not-so-close friends before i showed them. assomeone says, you can go into any album settings and change them x x

My pictures are in a limited profile album. I just dont want every Tom, Dick and Harry seeing them lol. You can change settings x

My pictures are in a limited profile album. I just dont want every Tom, Dick and Harry seeing them lol. You can change settings x

true, you can even have it to "friends only" bar certain people.. for example if i have pics i dont want my family to see i just disclude them lol.
not that i have obscene pictures ;) just ones of me smoking/drinking etc.
xx

My facbook & all my familys facebook is set to private....so i will allow them to put piccys up because they know who is looking at them and its not just random people

i mean...she is the childs grandmother. i think its reasonable for her to want pictures. im not a grandmother but i am an aunt and i would be a little hurt if i wasnt allowed to have even one picture of my nephew. but maybe thats just me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->