• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

failed 1 hour glucose test :(

jamesmomma201

Mom-ttc#2
Reaction score
So the nurse from my Dr's office just called and said my glucose level was a little bit elevated with my 1 hour, non fasting blood draw. She said they want levels to be under 130 to be considered normal and mine was 135. Now I have to go in Tuesday for a 3 hour fasting glucose test. I never had this with my son. Passed the 1 hour just fine.Only real difference with that one was I was required to fast before. Hoping this test comes back normal! Anyone have any experience with failing 1 hour and passing the 3?

So the nurse from my Dr's office just called and said my glucose level was a little bit elevated with my 1 hour, non fasting blood draw. She said they want levels to be under 130 to be considered normal and mine was 135. Now I have to go in Tuesday for a 3 hour fasting glucose test. I never had this with my son. Passed the 1 hour just fine.Only real difference with that one was I was required to fast before. Hoping this test comes back normal! Anyone have any experience with failing 1 hour and passing the 3?

It has a high failure rate, hope you pass the 3 hour!

I passed the 1 hour with my first pregnancy, but failed it the second time. My dr told me they changed the pass/fail levels so it actually has a higher failure rate now. I ended up passing the 3 hour test though!
Good luck!

Im sure you will pass the second test. Ive failed the first and the second test is more in depth....you will be fine... It was only up by five points.

No matter what, if you fail the 3 hour. It's not the end of the world. I had GD with #2 and she turned out perfect. You will just have to eat less carbs and more veggies and proteins and NO processed food.

My dr said a ton 9f women fail the one hour especially if they dont fast. With dd the dr i seen only did the 3 hr, its not as bad as it sounds just bring something to do!!!! :p

I have passed the 1 hour 4 times :)

It just has a high failure rate as many woman are right at the cusp.

I have heard of many people failing the first but passing the second. You were only a little elevated so I wouldn't be too concerned, and the 3 hour is more in depth ;). Good luck.

Yup. failed the 1 hour with my daughter, and passed the 3 hour one thankfully. I got next tuesday with this baby. Hoping I dont have to sit through another 3 hour, which was torture.

What actually happens with these tests? I have a 2 hour one in few weeks

ehh confused as this is my third an all they do for gd test is take blood and ask wht eat in morn. Ive always passed but not got results same with other test all am told is its ok.

Gingerspice, with the 3 hr one you can't eat past midnight the night before, then I go in at 8:30 the next morning and they draw blood. Next drink the sugary drink and wait an hour and they draw blood again. They draw at 2hrs and at 3hrs to see the levels of glucose in your blood at each of those times.
Can't eat or drink anything till after the last draw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->