Failed glucose screening-prior low blood sugar

gezimmom

Reaction score
My whole life I have been hypoglycemic, and my prior two pregnancies were no different. When I started feeling yucky this time around, I did what I've always done- eat more and incorporate sugar with my proteins! I didn't worry at all about my glucose screening test, so I was very surprised when they called to say I failed! :cry: Last pregnancy my number was 96, this time it is 151.
My three hour is Friday, but I'm wondering if I pass should I still adjust my diet? (or at least stop eating like I have low blood sugar?) I have three more weeks before my next doctor appointment, so I'll ask her then, but in the meantime is that something doctors ask you to do - - - change diet a little based off the 1 hour number? (I'm assuming I will pass the three hour.... Trying to stay positive....)

Ugh, I failed my one hour too. Im doing my 3 hour one next week just because DH has to take leave to stay home with DS.

As for changing your diet, they say not to but maybe you could just cut the sugar back a little. Thats honestly what I am doing. Im not trying to trick the test or anything but I went out of town and ate super unhealthily for 10 days so this is me just getting back on track. I don't think you can really trick the test though. Its all what your placenta produces.

Im eating more fruit, veggies and cutting out regular milk (drinking unsweetened almond milk... blah) less starches and no more tea! I love pasta and baked potatoes and I ate way to much of that on my trip.

Im already at risk for it because my birth mom has type 2 diabetes so I have to be a little more careful anyways. I did fail the one hour with DS#1 but passed the 3 hour one and I didn't do anything different.

Good luck on your 3 hour! Omg, chocolate milk is my vice right now! I haven't gained too much weight or anything, but I definitely could be eating better. I know the majority of people who fail the first pass the second test, but I'm still nervous about it!

TBH so am I. My SIL is 7 weeks ahead of me and she just found out that she has GD and she is a very healthy eater... me not so much. I don't crave junk food but I love my pastas.

Its not necessarily about what you eat.
its about when too. For example, fruits are good for you. But if you eat them alone, that will spike your sugar levels.
I had GD with my first, and i was a healthy eater. You just have to eat proteins with your foods, eat every two hours, and have high fats.
If you talk to the dietician/dr they will more than likely have a list of foods to help you plan meals.

Best of luck managing it! You'll do great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->