Faint half line Pregancy test... HELP

Express09

Try to Conceive baby #3
Reaction score
First off I would like to thank everyone that comments on this thread, it means a lot.

I toke a pregnancy test on Nov 14, and I got faint half line and a full line. I am suppose to get 2 full lines if I am expecting. But getting that half line is confusing me. I took another test this morning the 15th and it came out negative. I always test in the morning, cause they say its the best time to take.

I got my IUD taken out on th 16th of Oct, had my period for a couple days the end of Oct. So I am not sure how far a long I am, and when I shoud test again.

As anyone had this problem where they had a faint half line, and was pregnant? I used the UP&UP brand from Target, when I got the negative result I used First Response.

Please help!!! :shrug:

Maybe you've tested too early hon? Leave it a couple of days and test again. When I got pg, I had some negative and some positive tests over a few days. I was actually about 10 days late with my period before I got a good strong BFP. :hugs:

My first pregnancy, I think I used three or four different brands (including a super cheap one from the Dollar General) so I really doubt it matters which you use. Your levels will determine how it reads. I'd try again--supposedly no such thing as a false positive, and I don't see why you'd get a half line. I don't want to get your hopes up but...Seems promising! Test again in a few days, I say!! Try a new brand.

was is a evap line hun?

try a diffrent brand just to make sure if you are or not good luck xx

Thank you for getting back to me.... I do really apprecaite any advice I can get!

I am not sure what a EVAP line is?

I used on the first test that had the faint half blue line, was a test from Target, it was a Target brand called Up&Up.

Then when I tried this morning, I used First Reponse, and that was negative.

I am feeling sick to my stomach, and using the rest room more, but I think it might be in my head.

I do think I might've tested too early, and am going to try again next week.

Can someone please explain to me a evap line?

My test still show the faint half blue line, and it showed up right away....

Taken from peeonastick.com...

Evaporation ("evap") lines result with the test's antibody strip just looks slightly different than the space around it. There is a line of antibodies (usually made from mouse cells) in the Control and Test section. The Control line binds with any liquid and turns pink (or blue, in tests using blue dye.) The Test/Result line turns pink only if pregnancy hormone is detected. If not, the moisture passes over this strip and does not turn pink. It may, however, become more visible when the light hits the moisture on the strip-- it may appear gray, colorless, like a "dent" in the test, or like a "ghost line." It may appear at any time-- as soon as the urine hits it, after a few minutes as the test absorbs the moisture, or after the 10-minute time limit. It may appear when the test is drying, or after it has dried. It may disappear as the test is drying, or after the test has dried, or not disappear at all.

The simple fact is that there is always "something there" that is slightly visible-- it's simply the antibodies on the test that would turn pink in the presence of hCG. When the test becomes wet, or as it dries, or after it dries, the antibody strip may become more visible. Therefore, all tests may have them. It is not a defect; it's just how tests are made.

A real positive is identified by its color (pink or blue, whatever the color of the test's dye is) and its appearance within 10 minutes of urinating on the stick.

Can someone please explain to me a evap line?

My test still show the faint half blue line, and it showed up right away....

Can you post a pic?, it may be easier for people to help if they can see what your talking about...

Thank you, I will post a picture later tonight. The test is at home.

Here is the picture of the test. Please let me know what you all think! Thanks so much!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 241
Please let me know what you think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 66
Well unfortunately the top one def looks like a :bfn: ... The bottom I don't know?

You took the second one twice and got the same result twice?
I would try the blue test again with FMU.

The second line may be faint that means there is a really good chance you can be pregnant. To be sure call the 1 800 number or wait a few days and try another one. Also wait and see if your period. More then likely it means you could be thoe.The same thing happened to me. It was a +/- test and my result looked like and upside down T, but the vertical line was darker than the horizontal one. I then took two more test that were digital with the words "pregnant" or "not pregnant". They both came up pregnant. I'm still in denial about this so I will take one more in the morning but my boobs have been hurting like hell and like 5 weeks ago I had very light bleeding for like half a day and I usually have a heavy flow that lasts a week. Have not had any bleeding since. I am so freaking right now.

Please let me know your thoughts... Thanks so much!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 84
Thank you... I took another test this morning, it was a BFN... so I am going to wait a week or two and try again. I have been feeling sick after I eat, and been exteremly tired all the time. But I feel it could all be in my head.

Good luck to you...:dust:

I will keep you all posted!

I know this is a super old thread, but did you end up pregnant? I googled looking for answers for a similar issue and found this and guess what? Mine was also the Target Up&Up test! Yours is darker.

Attachments

• 20160824_212003-1.jpg
    20160824_212003-1.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 44
  • 20160824_212156-1.jpg
    20160824_212156-1.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 43
So crazy I had the same thing today!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 77
So weird! I have never heard of this before, but after googling it seems common. Most people lean towards it being a positive since that strip only catches the hcg in the whole chemical reaction. How many dpo are u? Im 13dpo and testing in am with same type test

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->