Faint line on FRER: BFP or Evaporation Line????

Hopeful

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Ok, so I'm embarrassed to admit it but I tested on 8DPO (yesterday) in the afternoon with a FRER. I gave it the 5 mins and found it to be a BFN and tossed it in the garbage. Today, my curiousity got the best of me and I went and dug it out and had a look at it to find a very faint second line. Now I'm wondering if it showed up within the 10 minutes or if it's an evap line.

Does anyone have similar experiences and results that they'd like to share?

I'm thinking I'll wait a few more days when perhaps a positive will be stronger if I really am pregnant.

Why oh why do we do things like this to ourselves????:wacko:

Anything taken out of the bin more than ten minutes after the test should be disregarded. It's really hard to determine if it's evap or not. I would suggest just waiting a few days and testing again with FMU. This time, leave the timer for 9min45sec. That way, you give the test as much time as possible, with fifteen seconds to view the results.

Hope this helps! Fx'd! :hugs: :dust:

Do not, and i mean DO NOT go dumpster divin' for the tests...done that way too many times and ended up with way too many evaps for better or worse....it sucks ! ....don't do it....just don't.....wait a couple of days and retest.

Hi there!!
Any more news? Have you done any more tests? I have had two tests over last two days which have both ended up with a second pink line, but both time has happened just after the 10 minute time limit. Don't know if they are evap lines or actually BFPs! Gotta wait a few days and try again i guess.
Good luck to you!

ya You really shouldn't pick em out of the trash, i did that and got my hopes up too, now i just flush em lol. hope you get your BFP!!

Hi there - Yes to update I did get a BFP on Monday (10 DPO). Guess I just got lucky after my dumpster dive;-)

Good luck to everyone

Congrats....
whered I put that hpt frm today now, just incase! jk lolol :thumbup:

Congrats hon! Hope this is a lucky month for lots more of us too!!!!!!!!! fxed and oodles of sticky babydust x

when i was a day before my period was due i tested as i was going out in the city and wanted to be sure i wasnt preg before i went..i tested and waited about 2mins and it was negative so i put it back in the box and had a shower..about 2 mins later i came out and checked it again out of curiosity and it had a definate but faint line in the prego bit..i was sceptical cos i thought the foam ring could have slipped up over it so i disregarded it..tested two days later and got negatives..two days after that i got more positives..and i was pregnant..so not sure but there is a little hope so maybe just wait and test again when af is due

This gave me a big chuckle!! :haha: Congrats dumpster diver! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->