Faint lines in the beginning

brunettebimbo

Mum of 2 Boys!
Reaction score
When I was pregnant with my son I tested when AF was late. I always had 28 day cycles with the odd 32 thrown in. I didn't really get much to begin with. They were proper squinters. I thought they were Evaps. I tested for a few days then have up as we were NTNP so figured my cycle was just messed up. Anyways at 2 weeks late I tested again and it came up straight away and was dark. At my dating scan they put me at 4+4 the day I got my BFP but I honestly think I was further along plus I went into labour at 39 weeks and had him at 39+2 which also makes me think my dates were wrong.

I tested the day AF was due (Friday) and got a very faint BFP on a Superdrug test. I tested the day after with a FRER and got a faint but definitely there line. Yesterday and the test wasn't much darker. I've not had many symptoms apart from weeing every half hour, exhausted, slightly sore boobs if I press on my nipples and slight nausea.

Do you reckon that maybe it's the same case this time? I'm far to scared to test again!

Here's the tests. Top is Saturday. Bottom is Monday.

I have also read that with boys it takes longer to show up?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 55
Im having a girl and day after day my result was soooooo pale you could barely see result, I got one of those digital ones for peace of mind so it said pregnant! saying that I had one say not pregnant as I think I either had it in pee too long or not long enough cant remember

I have 2 Digis but with my tests being so faint I'm too scared to use one and see "not pregnant"

I had the complete opposite I got a faint positive with my daughter when I was around 5 weeks and I got a really dark positive with this pregnancy at around 4 1/2 weeks and I'm carrying a boy lol I actually got scarred it was twins because the line was that dark lol

Congrats on your pregnancy. :)

Thank you :)

This is my chart, I may have only implanted 6 days ago. Does that make a difference?

https://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh70/kjordanj/C8F10BC4-5F0F-48EF-9F51-9E29D4030A79-263-0000000FD7C79159_zpsa8ec68c3.jpg

I would say everything Is just fine! I fretted for ages over my faint lines they just didnt get darker each day was so pale but a line is a line and you are most certainly pregnant! x

I got a very faint line at first with my son at about 4 weeks, it was so faint I was worried it might be an evap line - but it got stronger after a few more days. I used a lot of strip tests with him while we were trying and never had any other evap lines, but I was worried my eyes were playing tricks on me I wanted that bfp so bad. Once I got a faint line I got one every time, but as I say it took a few days for it to get darker.

I got a very strong one with this LO (I'm told she's a girl :)) very early on. I would use a digi if I were you, to save your sanity :) Good luck!!! x

My lines were so faint at the start and my dates were 11 days out. You're probably just really early. Take a digi :)!

I got a faint line on an internet cheapie around 10DPO, then took a FRER the next day and got nothing. I was so gutted. Took another IC and there was a faint line again. I kept taking IC which kept showing faint lines (which got darker) and then the FRER got darker too. For some reason FRER would not work with FMU for me at all. But the IC I had no problem with :) HTH some.

I don't think it makes any difference to how dark the line is to what you're having. My positive line was darker than the control line (internet cheapie a) and my doctor said it was the most positive pregnancy test she'd seen in her working career (I thought it could be twins too!) but just one healthy little girl in there. Maybe you should wait a few more days?

A line is a line, congrats :)
Mine was also a really light line, and dating scans dated me as due 12/12/13 where off LMP I was due 13/12/12, and I got my positive at about 4 weeks pregnant! The darkness really means nothing :) x

I could cry with relief. That has got to be the longest 3 minutes of my life. I am shaking like a leaf! I did a cheap test and it was fractionally darker so decided I need to be brave and do my digi!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 5
Congrats!!

I once read that lines are lines whether faint or not. The tests aren't made to measure how pregnant we are, just that we're pregnant! But I guess some are more sensitive than others which is why they can come up fainter and so on. Congrats & have a healthy n happy 9 months :hugs:

Yey! I can feel the relief radiating!! see, all is good! :) congrats x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->