Faint positive line in 7 weeks !!! Help

Sru

Reaction score
I confirmed my pregnancy at 4 weeks with a very dark test line. However I decided to do another test at 7 weeks. This time I could only see a very light test line. Does this mean my HCG levels are decreasing!!! Help !! Really worried !!!20200504_131156.jpg20200504_131037.jpg

It might be the hook effect. Your hcg levels get so high that hpt has trouble "reading" your hcg amount. If you test again, dip one test and then dilute your urine with water and dip more with varied amounts of dilution. If the tests get darker the more diluted the urine is then it's the hook effect.

Alternatively you cpuld always call your provider to check hcg level.

It will be the hook effect with you being that far along

Pee in a cup then put a bunch of water in it and test, you’ll get a stronger line :)

I think like pp said it's more than likely the hook effect...

I confirmed my pregnancy at 4 weeks with a very dark test line. However I decided to do another test at 7 weeks. This time I could only see a very light test line. Does this mean my HCG levels are decreasing!!! Help !! Really worried !!!View attachment 1081468View attachment 1081467

I'm thinking hook effect to.

I had it happen with my son around 6 weeks. Everyone said hook effect and so I re tested but diluted my urine with water.
1/4 urine to 3/4 water and I got my dye stealers again.

Thanks a lot ladies.. that was very reassuring. I havnt heard of the hook effect until this happened. Since my pregnancy symptoms still persist , I too feel the same.

I wouldn’t test after 6 weeks personally, as like others have said you risk getting the hook effect! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->