Fainter line this morning at 18dpo & hook effect

knobby

Reaction score
I have been tracking my line progression since my first positive at 8 dpo. Up until today, for the last few days, my FMU tests had been almost as dark as the control. This morning my test was dramatically fainter and my heart sunk.

I knew it was still early (4w4d) but I wondered if my hcg level was too high for the tests. It is called the "hook effect" and either you get faint tests or false negatives when you have high hcg.

So I experimented with some different dilutions with water (used a dropper and got exact ratios) and this is what I got:

https://i58.tinypic.com/23r2ws9.jpg

The 1:1.5 dilution (10 drops urine to 15 drops water) gave a very dark test line.

So I guess I am still good and my hcg is just really high! I am so relieved and so happy everything is okay. I am done testing. :)

I thought this was really interesting and wanted to share in case anyone else starts getting faint lines like me.

I remember I had the same with DD2. My lines would be stronger with a diluted urine. Your levels could very well be high; mine were 29 000 at 4w5d:winkwink:

That's a good thing:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->