Fall IUI support

I might be! For sure come Nov, possibly this next cycle. Hopefully won't need to decide...we'll see what happens.

Will this be your first IUI?

Yes, it will be my first IUI. We went to start the cycle about a week ago and when my Dr did the ultrasound there was an egg, which never happens. So I "should" be ovulating like today. I go for labs to see if I ovulated or not. If not then I'll start the shots as soon as my cycle begins again

Going for labs this morning. Praying for good news, but if not at least we are prepared to start our first IUI cycle right away. Hope everyone has a great Monday!!

Hoping for good news! What kind of labs are they running?

I'm still waiting to see if AF will arrive. Trying to hold of on testing, I'm thinking I'm 15 DPO, but if I'm wrong about O it could be a little earlier. My list cycle was just lay month, so going to try to hold out until Fri (CD 35) to test. As soon as AF (if it does) arrives calling the doctor to set up appts for IUI!

:hi:MKaykes & Mrs.Stinski.

We are trying IUI coming cycle. I am 33 and DH is 38. We have unexplained infertility (there is also possibility of endometriosis).

What kind of surgery you have had MKaykes ?

Any update Mrs.Stinski ?

Turns out I didn't ovulate on my own. So now I'm starting prometrium to bring on AF then starting the injections

I might be! For sure come Nov, possibly this next cycle. Hopefully won't need to decide...we'll see what happens.

Will this be your first IUI?

Yes, this will be our first IUI. I'm a little nervous

Hello there!

I am currently in my TWW as of the 6th. This will be my 4th IUI. I had 3 unsuccessful ones done in PA about 2 years ago. This 4th one is with a different Dr and we are now in Louisiana. This RE seems to have a better grasp on things and is doing things differently so I like that. I was on Femara and monitoring with blood work and ultrasounds. I had an 18mm folli on Tues the 4th, triggered at 10pm that night and IUI Thursday the 6th around 9:30 am. I'm not positive when I ovulated, assuming I did because of the shot but hopefully the timing was good. I just started Progesterone caps as well. Now I just feel bloated, some cramps and trying not to think too much into it, so hard lol.
Sorry for the long post, just wanted to give some info.. FX for you all.

What kind of surgery you have had MKaykes ?

I went in for a hysterscopy to remove an endometrial polyp and since they were doing that they were able to get insurance to cover a laparoscopy. Dr. found moderate level of endometriosis (I had zero symptoms of endo) which was very surprising, ended up with 3 instead of 2 incisions.

I was feeling hopeful for Sept cycle after surgery. Was on progesterone suppositories from 4 DPO. AF was delayed I think because of the progesterone. I started spotting I think at 17 DPO, after 3 BFNs from 9 DPO to 17 DPO I stopped the progesterone and officially started a new cycle. CD2 now. I need to find out what IUI will cost us at my clinic (insurance will only cover at one clinic in the area, and not the one I'm going to) to decide if we are going to try naturally one more cycle, go for IUI and pay out of pocket, or switch providers.

Mhankins - how do they monitor when to do the procedure? Is it a series of ultrasounds or lab work? One thing I'm concerned about is fitting office visits in to my school and work schedule. October I have a bit of a break, so it would be much easier to do now. *the progesterone is horrible - pregnancy symptoms either way! But, I know it worked because my flow was basically spotting for a day and a half ever since stopping birth control, and so far I've about tripled my usual flow (never thought I'd be happy to report that, lol!)

Mrs. Stinski - hopefully they can get you to ovulate!

Fairy - when do expect your next cycle to start?

I am currently in the tww on our second iui. The first cycle we did femara 5mg on days 3-7 and progesterone suppositories starting 3 days after iui. I did get a 19mm follicle and ovulated on my own, but BFN. I had other follicles, but they were too small to be of any hope.

This cycle we stepped it up a bit. I did femara again on days 3-7 and added gonal F 75mg injections (FSH) on days 3,4,6,8, and 10. I had an ultrasound on day 12 that showed a 25 mm follicle followed by a 13mm on the same side. I triggered with 10,000iu of Hcg and had the iui 34 hours later. I have started the suppositories again 3 days after the iui. Here's hoping this works, otherwise we are going to have to step up again.

My one ovary seems to be lazy since I seem to only get mature follicles on the left side.

Previously I have tried 6 rounds of clomid, but they only resulted in a chemical pregnancy and some painful cysts.

yes they monitored me with blood work and ultrasounds and then I triggered with pregnyl.

When do u test rami bear? my test day is the 20th.

My RE basically told me my last 3 iuis with the other RE in Pa would timed wrong and probably wouldn't have worked. Glad to see your timing is kind of the same as mine. FX for us all!

I just did my first IUI with donor sperm as my DH doesn't produce sperm. I was monitored with ultrasounds and blood work, was given the trigger shot (ovidrel), and did the IUI 36 hours later. Since then I have been on progesterone suppositories (endometrin) - 200 mg before bed. I am currently 5 dpiui and I go for a blood test to see if I'm pregnant on October 17th.

Dani I am using donor sperm as well. Hubby had leukemia twice as a teenager. I did my trigger on the 4th and iui on the 7th about 36hrs after as well. Sometimes I can feel if I have ovulated but I am not sure about this time, could you tell? I just hope we got the timing right. I also started the progesterone, once at night as well, with a previous RE I had to do it 3 times a day, idk why the difference? pretty sure its the same mg pill. I have to take a hpt on the 20th and then call them. fx for us.

Dani I am using donor sperm as well. Hubby had leukemia twice as a teenager. I did my trigger on the 4th and iui on the 7th about 36hrs after as well. Sometimes I can feel if I have ovulated but I am not sure about this time, could you tell? I just hope we got the timing right. I also started the progesterone, once at night as well, with a previous RE I had to do it 3 times a day, idk why the difference? pretty sure its the same mg pill. I have to take a hpt on the 20th and then call them. fx for us.

I am pretty sure that the timing was right. I had an ultrasound right before the IUI and was told my egg just had dropped and that the timing was perfect and then the doctor even made some remark when she was doing the IUI about how she could tell I was ready. Ultrasound also showed that my lining was 13.3 triple line. I really really hope this works... I sort of feel pregnant, but I know that's not possible yet as I am only 6 DPIUI and implantation probably hasn't even happened yet. I think the progesterone is really playing tricks on me. Below are the symptoms I have so far. My only problem is I don't know if these are symptoms of ovulating, the trigger shot, my period coming, the progesterone, or implantation/early pregnancy.

0 DPIUI - Hot flashes and felt really bloated.
1 DPIUI - Felt really bloated.
2 DPIUI - Felt really bloated.
3 DPIUI - Bloated, Cramps, Low Back Pain, A bit of bright red/pinkish blood when I wiped in the evening.
4 DPIUI - Cramps, Low Back Pain, and Bloated.
5 DPIUI - Breast Tenderness, Creamy Egg White CM, Cramps.
6 DPIUI (today) - Breasts feel heavy, Low Back Pain, Cramps, and Bloated.

I will find out a week from today. If it didn't work I plan on starting IUI # 2 right away and I might ask to do a medicated cycle to up my chances. We've bought enough sperm for 3 attempts right now... which will take us up until the middle of December and then I will probably take a month off to relax. The donor we've picked has retired and we got the last 3 vials... so I'll need time to figure out what to do next.

I'm glad I found someone who is going through this too at the same time that I can talk to.

Have you been on Progesterone before? Did you noticed any changes that you thought could have been pregnancy symptoms in the 2WW?

The head games are insane! I remember before feeling everything symptom and not being pregnant, I think its was due to my head and the trigger shot and progesterone. I was taking it 3 times a day before which sucked, but I do remember it making me pretty cramping. Its been a while so I don't remember a lot. I feel pretty normal today and that kind of makes me sad. Thursday will be a week since my iui. I was extremely bloated until I woke up yesterday it was just gone, weird. I got everything crossed that what you are feeling are true symptoms, its nice that they could tell your egg dropped.

Can I ask, do you know what your donor sample was like? Did they give you the numbers?

The head games are insane! I remember before feeling everything symptom and not being pregnant, I think its was due to my head and the trigger shot and progesterone. I was taking it 3 times a day before which sucked, but I do remember it making me pretty cramping. Its been a while so I don't remember a lot. I feel pretty normal today and that kind of makes me sad. Thursday will be a week since my iui. I was extremely bloated until I woke up yesterday it was just gone, weird. I got everything crossed that what you are feeling are true symptoms, its nice that they could tell your egg dropped.

Can I ask, do you know what your donor sample was like? Did they give you the numbers?

I asked them but was never given an answer. They just said the numbers and everything was good. I will ask more directly next time I think.

I was just always curious to know since a lot of people on here always post numbers. We used a different donor from Cyrobank and I only remember one time it was 10 mil post wash and 13 mil for the last one post wash. They said they like to see at least 10 mil for IUI. This go around we used a local bank since we moved.. we can buy 3 for the price of 1! Crazy! Our RE also said he hasn't seen a difference in the quality so we thought we would give it a try! This IUI they actually gave me a print out of all the information, a lot I don't understand lol but she should be the most important numbers, 150 mil 45% motility and grade 3.0 out of 4.0... 150 mil???? What a difference! Hopefully this time around does the trick!! FX for both of us!!! BFP! BFP! BFP! BFP!

I too am glad to find someone as well that is using donor sperm. :)

Hi,

I'm just started my first cycle with IUI getting ready to start Clomid and then they are estimating that I'll be insemination (with donor sperm) around the 25th or 26th... I have an ultrasound scheduled the 24th. Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->