Fall IUI support

Hi,

I'm just started my first cycle with IUI getting ready to start Clomid and then they are estimating that I'll be insemination (with donor sperm) around the 25th or 26th... I have an ultrasound scheduled the 24th. Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone!

Welcome! I also have to use donor sperm. Were you given any statistics on your chances of success? I didn't use Clomid though... I think I might ask if I can next month if I don't get a BFP this time. Was that recommended because you have fertility issues or just to up your chances with donor sperm?

Hello ladies mind if I join.

Im CD5 taking Clomid days 3-7, go in for a follie scan the 20th and my RE does trigger in the am and schedules iui after 24hrs followed with TI.

Wishing for the best for all of you ladies! I'm anxious to see positive outcomes for this cycle here!

DH and I decided to hold off one more cycle before iui, so if Oct isn't our month we'll try an unmedicated iui in Nov. I don't know why I'm holding back. We'll be at 2 years in a couple of months 🙁.

I hope this is it for you McKaykes!

Dani you could also ask about Femera. I was on Clomid with my first 3 iuis and not too many issues but my new RE put me on Femera saying there are less side effects, less chances of multiples and it is good for ovulation but it dries you up and makes implantation harder. Just thought I would throw that out there. Hopefully you won't need it!

TWW is coming to an end for me.. I go in for my first BETA pregnancy test tomorrow at 7:30 AM and find out a few hours later.

I have everything crossed for you Dani! I'll be thinking about ya! Keep us posted!

BFN :( Just found out it didn't work... feeling pretty down.

There is nothing wrong with feeling down! We all go through it and handle it with our own ways! I am so sorry it was a BFN :(

I'm on my second IUI with femara, trying for baby #2 since March. I'm currently 12 dpo. Soooo want to test but just don't wanna be disappointed!

Mind if I join you ladies? I'm 10dpo today and dying from the wait. I feel more tired and definitely more bloated than usual, but that's about it. Of course my cheapie preggo tests are late in the mail or I'd be testing already, lol.

Dani, I'm sorry you got a BFN! Everyone of those can be so devastating.

welcome MK! We all seem pretty close in our tww.. I test the 20th... not sure if I am ready lol... I am but not.. I see you use donor MK, do you happen to know what ur numbers were? Just curious. We used a different donor than our 1st 3 tries so I was just seeing what other people are getting

I think we had 63 million this time. The lowest we've ever had with our donor was 40 million and ironically, that was the cycle I got pregnant with my daughter last time. Our donor bank has a 20 million garauntee or you get your money back so we always make sure to ask before they do the deed.

Are you experiencing any symptoms? I swear one hour I'm thinking I'm bloated and exhausted and the next I feel no different at all. This will be our second official IUI that I've been able to go through with and I don't want to get my hopes up. We're paying for everything out of pocket and this stuff is expensive!!

Hi everyone! :hi:

I'm currently waiting to start my first IUI cycle in about a week! I'm cautiously optimistic, since I know my odds are not incredible the first time around. DH has borderline low motility, and I may have some cervix hardening (due to a previous procedure), so this should give the swimmers a good head start! I'll be taking either Clomid or Femara and a trigger shot, and if it doesn't work the first time we'll do another one in February and go from there.

Dani-sorry to hear your iui was unsuccessful. Big virtual hugs!! :hugs:

GL to those still waiting! :dust:

Thanks for the info MK! With our first donor from a big name bank, our best one was 13 mil post wash! One was 10 mil and I don't remember the 1st. I have seen people get pregnant with less on here but like you said its expensive so we want our best chance! lol.. This IUI with a smaller local place that has connections to my RE it was 150 mil post wash. I was like what?! lol. Symptom wise, Im like you, one minute something, the next nothing, Im blaming the meds and doing my best to not think about it. HA!

NannySarah- Welcome! They say its unlikely to work the 1st try but that doesn't mean it can't! Try to stay positive, as hard as that is at times! Will they be doing any other monitoring? Like ultrasounds? Any talk of a trigger shot? FX for you!

Good luck tomorrow Mhankins. I'll be thinking of you. Hope it's good news :flower:

Hey everyone!! I'm so excited to see so many iui-ers here! Sorry I've been away for a couple weeks, hurricane matthew hit here pretty hard, but finally getting back to normal.

I'm on CD 2 today, going in for my baseline scan this morning, then starting injections tomorrow night, I believe. More info after my appt this morning, this is our first official IUI cycle so we're pretty excited!!

I just got my IUI yesterday. I got a trigger shot 26 hours before the IUI. But I still don't think I have ovulated. Still have the sharp pain in the side of my follicles . I had 3 good follicles and the dr counselled me about the possibility of multiples. He said that is there is triplets they will remove one!!

So I just went up for CD3 bloodwork and ultrasound this morning to start my 2nd IUI cycle and the nurse told me I am probably going to have to cancel this cycle. I had a sonohystergram done in July and they found 3 or 4 small tiny polyps. The doctor who did the procedure said they may want to have them removed before I do IUI, but the doctor at the clinic I did my first IUI at gave me the go ahead to do it as they were so small he didn't think it would effect my chances. Now the nurse thinks they may have grown since July and that I should have another sonohystergram next week to check if they are there and if they are schedule me in to have them removed before doing my 2nd IUI.... all the being said, she said I should still take Femara starting today incase we do end up going forward. I am really not too sure what to think about all of this and I am a little disappointed. Do Polyps disappear on their own by chance? The lady who did my ultrasound this morning didn't see any, but I guess a sono would be more inclusive?

Hey everyone!

Mrs. Stinski glad you are safe! I had a lot of family in the path of Mattew. Good luck at your apt today and with the injections! It can be scary and exciting lol. FX for you!

Dani- I'm sorry they are throwing you for a loop. I don't have any personal experience with polyps so unfortunately I can help you there. If it is a concern of theirs I guess it would be best to make sure its nothing or get the taken care of. As much as it sucks being told you have to wait, at least you won't potentially be wasting money and emotions, and not sure if it would affect your health but that too.

AFM- I took my test yesterday and had a BFP! I couldn't believe it! I was thinking maybe its the trigger shot still, or I read the test I had people were getting positives by putting them in water so I was all over the place. It was the first response curved handle. Hubby made me take another and it was positive and then I told him about the water so we took are last one and put it under water and there was no line at all. We still went and got a clearblue digital and that one came up pregnant! Went to the Drs for blood work and got the call that I am definitely pregnant and my numbers looked good. My hcg was 300. I know most people go back in 48 hrs to see if it doubled but they aren't having me do that and I go back in next friday to see the dr, more blood work and an ultrasound. I think its slowly sinking in but after so long TTC the shock is still there. I did have a little spotting today but the nurse told me that was okay but I didn't like seeing it!

I hope you all join me soon!! And keep me updated! I still have everything crossed for you all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->