False labour is driving me nuts

lemongrass

Reaction score
Baby dropped 1.5 weeks ago and with it came false labour in the evenings. A couple hours of contractions, mild and low down like period cramps and irregular. At first it was exciting but it's getting worse now. Yesterday I had them in the afternoon as well while I rested on the couch, they went away after a walk and back again in the evening like normal. They went away and I woke up with what felt like real labour pains last night, pain all over my bump, in my thighs and back. They went away at some point during the night. Today I take a bath and they're back, the same kind as last night and regular, every 5 mins apart for 45 mins until I get out of the bath and then they stop.

I don't know what to do at this point, I guess there is nothing I should do. It's confusing, should I call my husband home from work? Should I call my midwife? Now I'm sitting down again and I can feel one come on. I just want my hopes to stop getting up. I'm tempted to lay down and not get up until I go into real labour.

I'm so sorry that you are so miserable. I'm only 35 weeks but I feel your pain. I feel almost exactly the same way but I assumed they were bh. Lower bump cramps that I have to breathe through, mostly at night and when I've been on my feet too long. However I had timable pains every 2 minutes for an hour that faded away but during that hour nothing worked.
I hope its not too much longer for you. Best of luck.

Sorry you're having false labour :( I keep getting contractions and bh or whatever and they get painful enough I sometimes get on my hands and knees and just start rocking while breathing to get through them, but they're no where near timed to be worthy of calling my midwife.

Hope we're both meeting our LO's soon with the onset of actual labor.

So sorry you are going through this too, I had it with my first and am having it again, the worst part for me is getting my hopes up! I do truly think it's our bodies getting ready for the big day. Hopefully yours is right around the corner!!

I know exactly what you mean. Sunday my mother and grandmother were convinced I was in labor but my contractions ranged from 7-10 mins apart. They weren't consistent at all. By the end of the night they'd stopped altogether. My hopes plummeted. Sometimes I feel like I'll be pregnant forever.

Sorry all you ladies are in the same boat. I thought for sure last night was the night. 3-4 mins apart for hours, regular and intense. I needed to use breathing exercises to get through the last few. Then they stopped :( At least I got a good nights sleep.

So sorry you are going through this too, I had it with my first and am having it again, the worst part for me is getting my hopes up! I do truly think it's our bodies getting ready for the big day. Hopefully yours is right around the corner!!

Same here! Did this with DS and doing it again with DD. Are you dilating or effacing? From what I understand, all of this prodromal labor leads is doing something, just a whole lot slower than when you hit the real, active labor phase. Wishing you a speedy delivery and delivery date!

I'm a little bit dilated, about 1.5 cm. not sure exactly how effaced I am but my cervix is soft and lower. My midwife is coming by in a few hours, I'd like to see what she has to say!

Sounds like you are labouring... just very slowly unfortunately :( I hope it ramps up soon and becomes the real deal :hugs:

I'm about ready to kill somebody. I started with the period pains last week, just a constant ache. Then came the loose bowel movements. Every night for 3 days I had the period pain then it tapered off. Then yesterday it came back with a vengeance and I was in absoloute agony for hours. It did the job, mind, in that baby spun from back to back to the right position - yay! But today when I was walking around I got stabby cervix and pelvic pains, then during my sons swimming lesson I was in constant pain, and then this evening the pain was so bad and just the emotions and the sore boobs that I just sat crying at the dinner table and snapping at the kids. DH sent me upstairs and I had a really long shower and then a lay down in bed and I feel a lot better now but it's so physically and mentally exhausting being in pain for so long. I had this for 3-4 weeks with my daughter, really don't think I'll cope with that again!!

for a week now ive had stomach cramps and back ache thats is stronger each day ive had do some breathing etc but there not unberable an on sat i had 12hrs worth them there on off etc an i decided time last few an they were 3mins apart not sure duration. Mw today recons cervix thinin etc but dont examin until labour. Grrr. Told me go in when take breath away. Hello last labour was 6.5 hrs an contractions at start were much same as am gettin but did come on thick an fast ie started 7-6 mins apart first hour them 6-5 with odd 4min one so called an went in an mw didnt feel palpatin an was gonna send home as early labour but i refused as had bp propbs an if went up id be ambo larger hosp anyways refused examine an not aloud meds as not examned so got bath an parcetmol (baby born hour later, 3hrs after arivin hosp) am so confused this time but they started off more anoying but they are gettin stronger now so hope not too long for us all. Never had this in last pregs i knew labour then lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->