• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

False labour

Hoping4Four

Reaction score
I'm only 37+1 and mentally not ready for this baby to come yet, but I wish my body wouldn't tease me!!

I started having cramps at around 5.30pm tonight that seemed pretty constant, and then from about 7.30 it turned into regular contractions lasting about 45-60 seconds. I got in the bath and they came every 5 minutes, and while in there I got a really intense one that made my heart race and feel a bit dizzy. From then on they came every 5 minutes like clockwork until about half an hour ago when they stopped. I got crazy pressure with each one too! I honestly thought it was the real deal at one point.

This better not happen every night for 3 more weeks, I'll go insane :haha:

Ive had 3 intense sessions lasting 3-4hrs then bam, stopped and gone completely lol

Fingers crossed for both us, its working to get our cervix nice and soft :D

I think it is really common for labor to start AND stop. Hopefully, when it picks back up, it will be the real deal.

I know you said you are not feeling ready for this little one, but that is also super common. It's so scary, but your little one will come out when he/she is ready. No matter if it is your first or tenth, fear is common. It's what keeps us on our toes :hugs:

I hope, if this is it, that your body stops the on-off thing and just gets going. Otherwise, I hope all is quiet until little one is ready :)

I hear you! Same thing with me tonight. Must be a 37 week thing! Lol! I am also slightly apprehensive that this one might come early. The other two were late so it would really take me by surprise to go before 40 weeks! Need to get this week of work over with first x

I just feel heavy. I'm not sure what contractions feel like.

Im having contractions as we speak. 10-15 min appart. Its been going on for over an hour now.
Its so hard and nerve wrecking not k knowing if they are the real deal or just a false alarm.
Good luck hun!

I've been having contractions / pressure / consistent BHs for the last few days - yesterday it was most the afternoon...

OH has a really big meeting today and said baby can come any day BUT today. I thought that might have jinxed us :) but no, baby has been very good today and no signs whatsoever. Bloody hurts though and not looking forward to another 4 weeks of this!!! xx

Thanks everyone.

I'm 38 weeks today and I honestly thought last night was the night!! My BH usually happen in the evenings and trail off as I go to sleep. I wake up without the slightest twinge and it all starts up again that evening. I can handle that - I know it's not the real thing. But last night contractions didn't start until I went to bed at 1am and my husband was giving me a massage.. And they continued to get stronger and last longer. I managed to fall asleep but they were so strong that they kept waking me up until they finally fizzled out at around 6. I've never been woken up by a BH before, I'm a heavy sleeper! Lol.

Throughout the morning I've had a few more BH but nothing painful.. Last night's were intense and making me wince at times.

The not knowing when it'll happen is the worst part, but warm-ups like that are just plain mean! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->