False Positive after taking fertility meds?

SReeves

Reaction score
This cycle I did Letrozole, Follistim, and Ovidril. I had IUI done on day 14 of my cycle. I did a home pregnancy test 10 days after my IUI and it was negative. I did another home pregnancy test 12 days after my IUI with first morning urine and it was positive. I took another one that same day with second morning urine and it was positive. After I got home from work that day I did a digital one and it said I was 1-2 weeks pregnant. I went in this morning to have a blood pregnancy test (14 days after IUI) and assumed I would hear something today, but when I called the clinic they had a message saying that they were closed. I guess they close earlier on Fridays. This is going to be the longest weekend ever. Has anyone ever gotten a false positive after taking these medicines and testing 12 days after IUI?

I don't see any reason why fertility drugs would cause a false positive unless they were giving you hcg triggers correct? Is there something else making you doubt your test results? Sounds pretty good to me hun? Try to enjoy your weekend and happy and healthy 9 months!

I agree! It sounds like a positive love!
False positives would only be attributed to HCG trigger shots.

And that's something they would most definitely warn you about.
Also, then your first test would have been positive! Especially since it was closer to the dates that the drugs were instilled into your system.

SO, I say breath easy, it sounds positive to me. :thumbup:

Your Ovidrel trigger could still be in your system that long but it's unlikely the cause of your positive as you did have a negative once before.

A lot of it depends on how fast you metabolize the Ovidrel. I'd say at 12-14 dpo it's possible but unlikely that that's what you were seeing on your test :thumbup:

(eta - follistim and femara (letrozole) aren't hcg so for future reference they wouldn't be able to cause any sort of false positive hpt's)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->