Family Car?

Honeypie78

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
i currently have a 5 door grande punto, bought it from new last march so only just over a year old.
I have had so much trouble trying to find a pushchair.travel system that actually fits in the boot! The only one that goes in is the bugaboo bee and i hate it!
Am thinking of getting a new car but not sure what to get? Want something with a nice roomy boot and bit more of a family sized car, but cant afford a 4x4 or anything flash.

Any suggestions?

im looking at buying a 04 focus at the moment main reason cause the boots huge thats also 5 doors :)

Fab thread as oh needs to change his to a family car! Will be interested to follow this thread and see what people suggest.
Oh was thinking a vw golf? Any views? X

we had a mondeo which was a perfect size...but it got stolen :cry:
we brought it especially for when baby was here. Now OH has an vauxhall astra which are quite spacey which is the main car and i have a corsa which isnt massive but its a nice cheep little run around and fits everything in. :) x

My dad has a Ford Focus (made in 07) and its boot is HUGE!!! It fitted the First Wheels City Twin (huge double buggy) in it.

We were told VW golf or polo is excellent for a not too big car with good bootspace.

We are currently having this debate too! amazing how a little person can change everything so much before they're even here, aww

I can highly recommend a Golf as i've got one and the boots are deceptively HUGE! i even fitted a mini range cooker in mine once (with all the seats down obviously). Hubby has got a very unpractical sports / boy racer car so this is going to have to go!!

I have a citreon picasso, its a 51 plate so not new and I love it! It is sooooooooo spacious, and you get them in diesel too which saves on fuel costs. Depends on what you like I guess :D

I'm doing my test soon and have been going backwards and forwards about this.

I can get a Mini or a Golf as a company car and looking at the boots I think I'm going to go for the Golf, the boot is huge, deceptive for the way it looks on the outside, and the back seat folds down really if you've got extra stuff with you.

I thought about buying myself and my friend has a Ford Fusion, which isn't the prettiest of cars but the inside is huge as well as the boot (we all went camping for a week last year and it fitted 4 of us and all of our stuff anf tent etc). You can also get them quite cheap as the Fiesta and Focus is more popular so it's great value for money. You could probably trade in your car and not expect to pay much on top for one. My friend has the turbo diesal so only pays about £30 road tax a year as well.

Also, don't know if you've looked at it or not but the Mothercare MyChoice travel system folds pretty small and the wheels come off as well if you need any extra room

We are getting a Citroen Zara Piccaso when we can afford it to replace DH car but i have one of the old punto's myself (only a 2 door). I love my car and dont want to get rid of it and my obaby zezu fits in the boot perfectly with loads of room for shopping still and the car seat that comes with it goes in the back pulling the seats forward with no problem. when i'm with anyone else i will prob be in DH car so I can just put the baby in the front seat as the airbag switches off.

The Honda Civic is meant to have a HUGE boot considering it doesn't look that big.

We were told VW golf or polo is excellent for a not too big car with good bootspace.

I drive a polo and i can just about squeeze a quinny into the boot, anything bigger wouldnt stand a chance

What about a Vectra? Ive got one of those too ... lots of room!!

We had the same dilemma - my OH drives for work and we needed to get something new. He started off looking at BMWs but you get nothing for your money so we've just bought a Peugeot 307 estate and it's fab.

It's sort of a cross between an estate and an MPV - taller and roomier than an estate but not as unwieldy as an MPV. Even I can manage to parallel park it :rofl:. It has three proper seats in the back and you can buy two more seats for the boot to make it into an MPV.
It was not expensive either - we got a late 2006 model with 29k miles on the clock for £5300.

Pics/review/road test here:
https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/road_tests/index.htm?id=157

I have a Ford Focus C-MAX which is spacious and has roomy boot space. I had a normal Ford Focus before this one and that too has a large boot. They are also safe and reliable cars.

What a great thread!! I currently have a Mitsubishi Colt Convertable...so while the boot is huuuuge (cos it fits the cars roof in it) the back seats are teeeeeny! Strangely tho, the back seats are fitted with Isofix...not quite sure how that will work!! OH has a Seat Ibiza which he is considering changing to a bigger car...possibly the new Ford Mondeo!!

I had a Civic as a courtesy car...and if I was gonna change my car I would defo consider one of them...really spacious cars with huge boots!!

OH has a vauxhall vectra which has a really big boot and plenty of space. I have a 3 door probe at the moment but its up for sale as it just wont do! lol looking a mondeo or bmw 3 series as those are both decent sized cars. Good luck x

I've just asked DH as he's a car salesman. He recommends a Vauxhall Vectra as they're a great size and they've dropped in price since the Vauxhall Insignia's been released. I have an Astra and they have good size boots and are a nice size xx

I have a Renault Megane Scenic which I really love and has massive boot space plus also in-car space. It also has two pull out trays at the back for the kids to eat on when driving plus the back seats can be reclined and pulled front/back which is really convenient with kids at the back. I would really recommend it, although its worth noting that the handbrake is automatic/ ignition is via a credit card key so if any of the electrics go on this it will be very expensive to fix. In fact Renaults are very expensive to fix period. Apart from that I would really recommend it

I was chatting cars with a friend - mainly becasue we've decided to keep our highly impractical BMW 3 series soft top for a year or so. Anyway she swears by her Skoda Roomster - because she can put the buggy in without unloading any shopping or folding it down!! :rofl::rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->