Family questioning pregnancy!!

MummyKP

Reaction score
I am SO glad we aren't pregnant right now!! I'm not a big drinker but over Christmas I tend to have a glass of wine or two. Last night we went to a close family members house for drinks and there were other family members/friends there. When we arrived I had a couple of glasses of juice because I didn't feel 100% and a different family member asked why I weren't drinking. When I mentioned I didn't feel great she said to have a brandy to sort me out, so I said that would make me sick, and she started questioning me on why I felt sick and weren't drinking etc. Needless to say, she was hinting at whether I was pregnant or not as she came to our wedding a few months ago (not immediate family) so I obviously wouldn't tell her if I was or not, but I was glad to actually have a drink to stop the questioning. Didn't think I'd feel relieved about not being pregnant at Christmas but I really am haha now let's hope I get pregnant ASAP now it's out of the way :)

ive been thinking the same :haha: with our wedding being the 10th and we will be trying that time, by christmas i should be in my 1st month of trying, and im kinda worried because i want to live a clean lifestyle while trying, not lucky though, i HATE wine, but might have a light drink like WKD or something tot rhow people off. Still have like 2 years to figure it out but it must hard hiding pregnancy at this time of year!

Oh god kiki1993 that will be so hard lol I did say that if I was pregnant over Christmas then I'd sneakily give my drink to DH haha or make myself a 'Malibu and coke' which would only be coke haha but thankfully we weren't trying so didn't have the issue. I'm so glad we weren't because I can imagine it's a bloody nightmare haha the amount of people watching me drink was horrible lol felt like shouting 'I'm not pregnant and haven't been trying to get pregnant either!!'

i dont really drink but im like the odd one out in my family because the rest all do drink
im constantly feeling like people are wondering why im not drinking but i just genuinely dont really like it! im trying on honeymoon so only planning on having a couple of drinks at the wedding (if that)

Same callmedan, I don't drink and all my family do and the big joke last night was that Ive been adopted because I barely drank lol I only ended up having two drinks last night but it was mainly to stop the others from chatting about things which aren't true! Lol.

I drink once in a while and I had a few drinks in the past few days. Something similar happened to my brothers girlfriend at my mom's aunts house when she asked if she wanted something to drink. That's when she told everyone there that she's pregnant and my uncle congratulated them. When he called his daughter (my cousin) he told her and she gave her congrats too. My mom's aunt told my mom's other aunt when she called to say Merry Christmas. I'm sure almost all my mom's side knows now considering some family members blab like there's no tomorrow.

Omg that would be my worst nightmare haha we will only tell parents, siblings & our two best friends when we find out. Rest will wait until 12 weeks. How far gone is she tverb84?

She said on Christmas that she's three months so that's 12 weeks I think?

Yeah that's right. Least she was at the safe point & didn't have to tell early because she wasnt drinking!

I know how annoying this is! My DS is nearly 3 and for the past couple of years it seems everyone has been questioning when the next one is going to be coming along. I remember last year DH's family were convinced we were expecting because we bought a bigger car. I hate it when people start questioning it though, if you haven't said anything then you are either not pregnant, or pregnant and too early on to say anything! I don't want to announce next time until 4 months so it's going to be fun trying to hide it.

It's so frustrating tinkerbelle93, if I was pregnant then there's a reason people don't know haha when we do fall pregnant I will tell people as and when I'm ready!! I certainly couldn't hide the news for four months, I think I'll struggle for the first trimester with certain family members lol

I think I will tell my parents straight away but everyone else can wait until weeks 16-18 hopefully! x

Yeah that's fair enough. If I can contain my excitement I'd like to leave a facebook announcement until 15-16 weeks or so, but I'm not sure I will be able to because of excitement haha time will tell!

I'm pretty sure everyone in the family knows my brother and his girlfriend are expecting. He told our dad today and took it pretty good.

If anyone asked me why I wasn't drinking and I didn't want anyone to know I was pregnant I would tell them I'm on antibiotics... Can't drink while on antibiotics!

It must be a relief when family knows and they've taken it well tverb84.

Angelblues if I was pregnant that would've been my excuse. I'm just glad I didn't need to do it because of nosy family friends lol when we conceive if we are in a drinking environment and I'm not past 12 weeks I will be using the antibiotics excuse! Lol.

Its such a good excuse! Especially since I'm prone to UTI's so it's not far fetched because it happens at least once per year for me!

It must be a relief when family knows and they've taken it well tverb84.

Angelblues if I was pregnant that would've been my excuse. I'm just glad I didn't need to do it because of nosy family friends lol when we conceive if we are in a drinking environment and I'm not past 12 weeks I will be using the antibiotics excuse! Lol.

Yeah and you can call me Tara if you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->