Famous Labor Quotes

J

Jas029

Ok.. I've been wanting to do this thread for awhile now (Ever since I had him) because in labor (especially drug-influenced) we can get kinda crazy and say some.. odd/funny things..

There's plenty of girls on here that have already had their baby so I'm hoping this thread will stay alive!

I'd like you to share some of the crazy things you said during labor.. I'm sure there has to be a few out there especially if you went for pain relief during labor... So please, Share some of the famous quotes that your birth partner wont let you forget for years to come! :haha: (And if it was under the influence of something, then list what so the girls still pregnant will know what they want to get "doped" up on in labor :haha:)

I'll start.. During my labor I went with a narcotic called Stadol.. which the nurse described as making you feel drunk.. which I've never been so I wasn't quite sure how it would all go.. I had my parents and my cousin in the room with me during that point who have LOVED telling the story to everyone ever since... I only remember like half the stuff that went on during but my parents have kept my memory fresh by telling everyone..

Quick short story.. This drug made me very loopy for about 10 minutes then just drowsy afterwords.. I talked and talked and talked non-stop during those 10 minutes and I KNEW what was going on in my head and realizing what the drug was doing so it made me laugh.. but because of the drug I couldn't STOP laughing.. Everyone in the room tried so hard not to laugh because it made me laugh more which at one point I couldn't even breathe I was laughing so hard.. and no it did not get rid of any pain it just made me so far out of my head that I didn't really care I was having a contraction.

Here we go..
1. "I'm having a contraction right now.. But I really don't care.." (It was still quite painful too :haha:)
2. "I see pumpkin trees!" (My eyes were closed)
3. "I could sleep if I could just shut up"
4. "My head is not intact" :wacko:
5. "I know what's going on.. But when I try to say something it doesn't come out right at all"

That's all I can remember.. My mom said her biggest regret during my whole labor was not getting that on video :rofl:
My dad said he was watching the contraction monitor and watching it go up and up and up and I was holding his hand and not squeezing it at all (And at this point I was quite far into my labor and trust me the contractions HURT!! why do you think I went for that drug in the first place?)

Please, Don't let this thread die.. I know I can't be completely alone out there about saying some.. odd things during labor...
Keep it alive! :thumbup:

:haha: i like the second one.
this is a good idea, ive heard that in labour women come out with some crazy stuff lol.

Im not quite a teen but well a twenteen!

I did remember yesterday, 2 weeks after giving birth, a rather innapropriate comment i made after 10 hours of gas and air. I had just had an epi and been put on my back so it could work its way down.

Just as it was going down my legs and finally working
"this feels like an orgasm, funny how thats the feeling i got when she was made"

not sure my 60+ old midwife quite appreciated it though my OH found it hilarious!

Well, this wasn't labor- it was when I had my wisdom teeth taken out. Because I'm so horrible with needles they had to give me laughing gas so I could get the IV :haha: and apparently I said something like this when they put in the IV:

"Ohhhhhhh- stick it in good. You did good job. When people stick it into me it hurts, but that was just right. You must stick it in all the time"

And apparently I was talking REALLY loudly so my mom and a bunch of teenage boys in the waiting room were cracking up :blush:

Im not quite a teen but well a twenteen!

I did remember yesterday, 2 weeks after giving birth, a rather innapropriate comment i made after 10 hours of gas and air. I had just had an epi and been put on my back so it could work its way down.

"this feels like an orgasm, funny how thats the feeling i got when she was made"

not sure my 60+ old midwife quite appreciated it though my OH found it hilarious!

:rofl:

well i went like 5-6 hrs with broken waters, no pain releif before getting morphine so i spent alot of time crying out random things like
-its not fair why cant he have her (yelling this at my oh while he LAUGHED)
-i dont want to do this any more
-kept asking for my one freind cuz they made me laugh
-i want to sleep
then after the morphine
-wow i see the monitor going up but i dont really care
-i feel really good right now (then contraction, drugged out voice) ouch that hurt a little
i laughed a lot at some points cuz ppl laughed at me saying i hadnt look so messed up/drugged out in 9 months lol it was like 10 hrs plus of labour before my c-section so i probably said alot

I had just had an epi and been put on my back so it could work its way down.

:rofl: lmao!!

At the time it seemed like a perfectly civilised and appropriate comment!

Oh yeah.. another thing.. :dohh:After the 10 minutes of loopiness was over and I was just drowsy a social worker lady came in :rofl:
Perfect timing.. She knew I had just been drugged up too.. She's like "Can I ask you a few questions?" The whole time I just kept telling myself "shut up shut up shut up stay quiet don't talk don't say anything you're thinking right now" I laid there half asleep the whole time she was there and my parents had to answer most the questions for me :haha: (That's when I saw the pumpkin trees which I managed to hold in until she left to tell everyone)

Narcotics+Social worker=No good :haha:
Thank god alot of it wore off by then and I was just sleepy!! 5 minutes earlier it would of been reallyyyy bad looking for me.. (And really funny)

This is such a good idea Jas haha :D

I obviously haven't been through labour yet, but my sister in law apparently, as she was pushing out a 10lb 7oz baby, started crying and howling and saying "Oh my poor, poor vagina!" Bro was trying not to laugh because he thought she was in pain (naturally) but turns out she couldn't feel a thing (epidural) she just got emotional because she "felt sorry for her vagina" :haha:

xx

lol,
i shared these in my birth story... but

1) I called a nurse in, and told her I think I'm going to poop, she said I wasnt , it was just the baby coming, so I asked another nurse and i told her I really am going to poop and she also told me I wont,thats just the baby, so I asked my mom and she came in and I started crying and was like "I'm going to poo and no one will believe me " lol... I didnt poop
2) when I was pushing, i was screaming it hurts it hurts the nurse asked me where, I screamed "MY DOWNSTAIRS"
3) after morphine I got up to go pee, and I got so tangled up in my IV lol the nurse saw me standing all confused...lol and she was like "how did you do this" lol she had to undress me I was so tangled , i have no idea how that happened
4) also after the morphine I had to wake my mom up and tell all about what i was dreaming...lol at 5 in the morning, i thought it was that important she knows.lol

lol,
i shared these in my birth story... but

1) I called a nurse in, and told her I think I'm going to poop, she said I wasnt , it was just the baby coming, so I asked another nurse and i told her I really am going to poop and she also told me I wont,thats just the baby, so I asked my mom and she came in and I started crying and was like "I'm going to poo and no one will believe me " lol... I didnt poop
2) when I was pushing, i was screaming it hurts it hurts the nurse asked me where, I screamed "MY DOWNSTAIRS"
3) after morphine I got up to go pee, and I got so tangled up in my IV lol the nurse saw me standing all confused...lol and she was like "how did you do this" lol she had to undress me I was so tangled , i have no idea how that happened
4) also after the morphine I had to wake my mom up and tell all about what i was dreaming...lol at 5 in the morning, i thought it was that important she knows.lol

I knew it was only a matter of time before you posted in here :rofl:

I had some pretty stupid ones after i got my drugs .....
1 ) Man i havent had a Contraction in SOO long , umm stef according to those numbers your Having a Huge one right now , Oh He he. ( this was a conversation between me and my sister ) it was more funny to be there
2) The doctor came in and was VERY Jamaican and he was the only doctor i hadnt met. and says to me , Blah Blah Blah BLah Blah , water baby midnight , i looked at my sister and shes like they are going to break your water your going to have the baby before midnight , My responce well where are they going to put my water though , Duh.
and the Best was Not even me who did it but my favorite Labour moment ,
3) My Daughters Father and me were Running around walmart trying to get everything we needed and he decides to stop at McDonalds while my contractions at 5 minutes apart , and get food , the girl says your Nuggets are going to be a 10 minute wait he looks at me Almost Screaming in Pain and says that Fine could of killed him at the time but now looking back at it , it was kind of Funny

"i see pumpkin trees" has to be the best one of all time! :haha: x

OMG. PLEASE keep sharing! I don't think I've ever laughed so hard at a thread. :rofl:

:rofl: I love this thread! I hope it stays going until July when this baby comes! I'm sure I'll say some things... :haha:

I don't remember the actual comments, was too out of it on gas and air, but me and my oh had a whole conversation about ducks, all started by me going, is it the pain sending me loopy or can I hear ducks, just to clarify, there were ducks outside the hospital.

Also I seem to remember telling OH one of the sesame street puppets was sat at the end of the bath, mmmm pretty sure that one wasn't true

I remember having gas&air and it made me really talkative.. I kept telling the midwife how terrible OH was around the house 'He never does the dishes see, it's always left up to me! And don't get me started on washing clothes and ironing..!' Midwife just kept giving me funny looks and walking out of the room and OH just looked embarrassed! Poor OH had a lot of stick off me when I was in labour hehe. I also grabbed him by the collar and screamed in his face 'NEVER TOUCH ME AGAIN!!' to this day he looks frightened whenever I mention that moment lol.

And for some reason I had a fascination with Harry Hill's TV Burp.. that's all i kept on about all day in labour, I couldn't wait to watch it that night! (I don't even like the programme sooo idk what that's about!?) and when it finally came on I didn't watch much of it anyways, due to contractions and so out of it! x

the onlything i said while on a bit of gas and air and im guessing was transistion aswell.

"I cant do it, ive changed my mind he can stay up there"

This is such a good idea Jas haha :D

I obviously haven't been through labour yet, but my sister in law apparently, as she was pushing out a 10lb 7oz baby, started crying and howling and saying "Oh my poor, poor vagina!" Bro was trying not to laugh because he thought she was in pain (naturally) but turns out she couldn't feel a thing (epidural) she just got emotional because she "felt sorry for her vagina" :haha:

xx

:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"