• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Famous Labor Quotes

:rofl: :rofl: Ellie, those are classic! Esp. the last one :haha: And the elephant one!

im actually crying with laughter, my ultimate favourite being the egg one kim. hahaaaha

i didnt say anything funny !! im so boring! it all happened too fast i didnt do much except scream.
although when i had the spinal block afterwards to get stitched up i remember talking to them all about 'one born every minute' and saying how "theyre all pansies making a big deal out of nothing"
this was like half an hour after id given birth lol they all looked at me like i was crazy xx

The two I remember clearly are ...

When I was high as a kite on gas & air I started shouting - Jacob you have been evicted from the big brother house you have 5 minutes to pack your bags and leave.

And when his head was almost out ..... No sod it I cant do this cut the F**ker out

x

The two I remember clearly are ...

When I was high as a kite on gas & air I started shouting - Jacob you have been evicted from the big brother house you have 5 minutes to pack your bags and leave.

And when his head was almost out ..... No sod it I cant do this cut the F**ker out

x

lmao love it! :rofl:

lmao these r so funny ellie urs cracked me up!!!

im not a teen or a mum i am ttc but i just stopped by to read this and this has made me laugh soo hard!!!! thanks for the giggles girls keep em coming :) lol

" please please don't send me home , I swear I'm not faking ! , " her head was out .
"if her ears look like yours I don't want her" to my pooh OH
"I fucking hate you , your evil" to the nice doctor giving me an epidural
"why would you test a dentist on philosophy? " I asked the MW this when I was offered ice
"if I don't push I'll die "
Oh god gas and air made me insane :)

when I was in labour my oh tried to touch me "dont touch me,I can do this myself" after having gas and air I could swear my oh was drinking strongbow! I got given an epi as I was gonna have an emergency c section got taken down to theatre but ended up geeting cut and ventouse when I looked at my oh he was crying as everything happened so fast and me and lo at risk I looked at him and laughed and said "man up" lol

when I was in labour my oh tried to touch me "dont touch me,I can do this myself" after having gas and air I could swear my oh was drinking strongbow! I got given an epi as I was gonna have an emergency c section got taken down to theatre but ended up geeting cut and ventouse when I looked at my oh he was crying as everything happened so fast and me and lo at risk I looked at him and laughed and said "man up" lol

:rofl:

hahahaha! i love this, hopefully this thread will still be going in july :D
then i'll tell you mine :p ha!
but i don't think i'm allowed an epi so i'll have to wait and see what they give me instead ;)
xxxx

Haha like the quotes!
I said a lot in labour lol! But heres my fav:
'She's coming out of my bum...she's coming out of my FRIKIN BUM!!!'
:D x

:laugh2:

SO glad you made this thread! I can only imagine what nurses/midwives have to listen to! It must be pretty entertaining though LOL

Maybe I did do one silly little thing.... After watching "one born every minute" I kind of realized it but didn't know how silly it was. After having my epidural I was scared to lie down and asked the midwife if it was safe because I was scared I may knock the tube out of place and paralyze myself. I didn't realize how thin the tube is and how well protected it is...well it was behind me so how was I to know..

Maybe I did do one silly little thing.... After watching "one born every minute" I kind of realized it but didn't know how silly it was. After having my epidural I was scared to lie down and asked the midwife if it was safe because I was scared I may knock the tube out of place and paralyze myself. I didn't realize how thin the tube is and how well protected it is...well it was behind me so how was I to know..

I don't blame you haha. Anything having to do with the spine REALLY freaks me out. Four years ago I fractured my back in two places- really close on either side of my spine. For a long while they were constantly checking to see if my spinal cord was affected. Scared me to shreds!

Oh! I almost forgot! After my c-section I was still pretty much numb from the spinal tap but I started feeling an odd sensation in my legs.. I had people lightly rub them to help soothe it..Awhile later when the spinal tap wore off more it started getting uncomfortable and sorta painful.. I complained to my mom a bunch and told her it feels like I'm getting contractions in my legs! I just went through labor and all those horrible contractions in my front/back why am I feeling them in my legs???!!! :hissy:

Finally after complaining abunch as I felt it more and more as the hours went by.. My mom mentioned cuffs on my legs to help prevent blood clots.. They went off every few minutes and tightened up (like a blood pressure cuff) then released after a few seconds.. :dohh:
I never realized they even put them on.. I laid there for hours wondering why I had such odd sensations in my legs :haha::dohh:

Hahahaha these are so funny!
I have one from my sister, Jas' post jogged my memory :)
This is quite upsetting if you think about it, but she finds it hilarious.
My sister doesn't have any legs below the knee, She had a c-section, and got really groggy off the drugs afterward, and she kept saying 'My feet are tickly-wickly... it feels like i have legs, mum, do i have legs now?' my poor mum was like '...no dear'

Tickly-Wickly :haha: we're never gonna let her forget that one.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"