FAO mothers whose babies didn't engage until labour

Noodles

Mummy to two boys!
Reaction score
Did you still get other labour symptoms like cramps, loss of plug etc or does it just all kick start in a hurry?

First baby: Baby wasn't engaged. No sign at all, hardly a single BH all pregnancy, then water broke at 2 am @ 37 weeks.

Second baby: Baby wasn't engaged. No sign at all either. Went in for a sweep @ 39 weeks and was 2-3 cm dilated and cervix very soft, was really surprised. After the sweep I lost some plug and labour started.

So don't lose hope. Many women don't have any signs and then wham, labour ;)

I think I'm now paranoid that i'm going to be walking around Tesco's and give birth next to the frozen turkey's.

aww bless ya!!! i've heard that some babies just don't engage until the mintue labour starts and then wham...down the shoot they go!!!! At least you haven't got the joys of what comes with baby sitting low down for ages....my toilet is my best friend at the moment, i've never peed so much in my life and my little one is only just starting to engage!!! xxx

My second baby didnt engage untill labour. She was due 7th June and on the morning of the 6th I went to tesco for my usual weekley shop, feeling no different. By the time I had finished at tesco I was in agony (I had nothing at start of shop) so we went to hosp and 55mins later she was born!

No idea if my labour was connected to her not engaging but my waters didnt break, they had to do that.

Good luck x

Toby didn't engage until i was well into established labour. I had quite a few signs he was on his way though, like frequent BH's (sometimes as regular as 5 mins apart for a few hours) in the days leading up to his birth, plus some crampy period pains. I lost my plug on the thursday evening, and my waters broke at 1am on the friday morning and he was born at 8.35 that night. I'd say i was having quite a lot of signs it was about to happen from the tuesday so at 37+5 and he was born at 38+1 :thumbup:

My bubs hasn't engaged (and it's my first) but I woke up with really bad period type pains and backache that has been on and off all day x I've got the midwife tomorrow so will be asking her what you've asked!

Hi Noodles

I'm wondering similar things! My baby had started to engage a couple of weeks ago, and then on Saturday the midwife told me his/her head was floating free again! Bump has crept upwards again, don't need to pee nearly as much and am not getting the sharp low down twinges I was getting a fortnight ago! But the midwife did reassure me that the baby's head would go down, and it could happen very quickly, and didn't mean a thing in terms of when I would go into labour. I haven't had any BHs or any really obvious sign of mucous plug (a bit more discharge than usual, but not sure that counts). So fingers crossed for both of us!

xx

I think I'm now paranoid that i'm going to be walking around Tesco's and give birth next to the frozen turkey's.

I have to go pick up the xmas turkey in a mo...I'm scared that if my baby sticks around inside much longer he'll weigh as much as the turkey!

My babbas head is engaged but I'v ehad no loss of plug other than when I had a sweep and no real cramps, BH or anything so I'm starting to wonder I'll have one of those WHAM here we go labours!

I'm hoping my waters break in the butchers...I'll try and wangle a free xmas ham LOL!

My third baby was way high up for the longest time, even in labor. When he came out, he had small bruising on his head from hitting the birth canal and being born so fast after he did! It went away..just looked like a small rash really.

i had antenatal on the friday, midwife booked me in to be induced in a weeks time coz she said the head was not engaged & my baby was high up. I was gutted. I gave birth after a 2 hour labour less than 48 hours later :shock:

my lol did not fully engage untill labour he was due the 19th may and came on the 17th i lost a bit of pink cm whilst having contractions, 4hours total from first pain to placenta was out.

i had no BH's during my pregnancy and for a few weeks before Lo was punching my cervix lol very painful when i was walking around tesco with a death grib on the trolly lol

Mine didn't engage until labour either! I had no symptoms at all until my water suddenly broke! That kickstarted labour and bubs engaged about 2h later. But I was staying at my step-sisters house and leaped off the bed once I realized what was happening. Pants/floor/5 towels were soaked - sooooo glad I wasn't out and on the subway or something LOLOL
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->