fast let down

KatyR

Reaction score
What can i do to help my LO. One boob has a very fast let down and he gulps, chokes, coughs and spits everything up. He then has bad wind and fusses and won't feed.

what can i do to slow the flow of milk?

Hopefully it will slow down in time itself but you ould always try massaging to enourage let down and then lathing him on a minute later. You might need something to catch the extra milk in though.

Ihad this when DD was tiny. Try hand expressing just a little into a muslin, get the let down out of the way then latch on. It does improve though.

I also have a fast letdown and I massage my breasts until I get the flow started and then I latch him on. It also helps if you hold him in a more upright position... This link helped a lot with trying to deal with it. It's starting to get a little better but most times he prefers the slower breast:winkwink: so I start him on that side which brings my letdown on the other breast so when I offer him the fast one it's not so crazy.:thumbup::
https://kellymom.com/bf/got-milk/supply-worries/fast-letdown/

Hope I make sense :wacko:

I had a fast letdown too. My midwife said not to put dd in that typical tummy to tummy position but to have her angled away a bit, her belly facing more upwards iykwim?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->