fasting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be able to fast as I'd miss food too much.

How did you cope for that amount of time without food? Were the liquids just water or did you take supplements? Sorry to be nosey!

i felt great, i drank anything i anted to get energy. obviously i was getting calories from them.
at the time it was also due to religious reasons.

just got through all replies.
wow.
some of your replies are just downright nasty and insulting.
your right about one thing, looking for someone to do it with me wasnt right as many people believe it to be dangerous or on the road to an ED, but beeing so negative towards ME rather than the subject just makes me want to do it more.(childish?yes.)

i in no way posted intending to get a reaction thank you very much.
fasting is very well known, even jesus himself fasted for 30 days straight, and when i told my priest i did this last time he said well done! back then i did it for religious reasons.
i wont go on because of the respect i have for certain people who posted in here,and dont wish to upset them further.

wow.
your right about one thing, looking for someone to do it with me wasnt right as many people believe it to be dangerous or on the road to an ED, but beeing so negative towards ME rather than the subject just makes me want to do it more.(childish?yes.)

fasting is very well known, even jesus himself fasted for 30 days straight, and when i told my priest i did this last time he said well done! back then i did it for religious reasons.
i wont go on because of the respect i have for certain people who posted in here,and dont wish to upset them further.

You never said earlier you did it for religious reasons. You said specifically you did it to lose weight. I'm an atheist but far be it from me to try and interfere with people's religious beliefs. I personally would not trust my body to be able to keep up with a deity's when it comes to fasting though.

I hope I am not one of the people who offended you. I only said what I did because I don't want something bad to happen to you. What I said was said out of concern, not anger or to be nasty. Obviously a lot of people think fasting is a bad idea and I think that is because it's generally accepted as a bad idea (as a diet plan, once again I have nothing to say about doign it for religious reasons.)

This is a very extreme example but it would be like coming on BNB and going to a pregnancy section and asking what people thought about drinking loads of alcohol while pregnant. Obviously an extreme example, but I think it is pretty much generally known that fasting for long periods of time is a bad idea just like drinking a lot (or at all) is a bad idea while pregnant.

I think people say what they do out of concern rather than just trying to be mean for no reason. Maybe they (or we) are being a little harsh because it is very dangerous and we are generally concerned for you.

I could understand still fasting because that is what you want to do or that you had your mind set on it, but wanting to do it just because people said it is a bad idea, like you said, is very childish. Doing this to "spite us" won't hurt us any, and might hurt you a lot.

I won't comment on your thread anymore unless someone personally addresses a comment I have made. I can tell I have most likely pissed you off. I'm sorry for that. I didn't mean to. I have just seen many friends go down this path and it only ends in terrible places.

wow.

You never said earlier you did it for religious reasons. You said specifically you did it to lose weight. I'm an atheist but far be it from me to try and interfere with people's religious beliefs. I personally would not trust my body to be able to keep up with a deity's when it comes to fasting though.

I hope I am not one of the people who offended you. I only said what I did because I don't want something bad to happen to you. What I said was said out of concern, not anger or to be nasty. Obviously a lot of people think fasting is a bad idea and I think that is because it generally is a bad idea (as a diet plan, once again I have nothing to say about doign it for religious reasons.)

This is a very extreme example but it would be like coming on BNB and going to a pregnancy section and asking what people thought about drinking loads of alcohol while pregnant. Obviously an extreme example, but I think it is pretty much generally known that fasting for long periods of time is a bad idea just like drinking a lot (or at all) is a bad idea while pregnant.

I think people say what they do our of concern rather than just trying to be mean for no reason. Maybe they (or we) are being a little harsh because it is very dangerous and we are generally concerned for you.

I could understand still fasting because that is what you want to do or that you had your mind set on it, but wanting to do it just because people said it is a bad idea, like you said, is very childish. Doing this to "spite us" won't hurt us any, and might hurt you a lot.

I won't comment on your thread anymore unless someone personally addresses a comment I have made. I can tell I have most likely pissed you off. I'm sorry for that. I didn't mean to. I have just seen many friends go down this path and it only ends in terrible places.

the fact that it was for religious reasons before is irrelevant because that isnt the case now. i didnt mention in the first post im doing it for weight loss?
i didnt consider your post nasty hun :) if it wa just concern for me they wouldnt be saying i only posted for a reaction. :growlmad: those who were conserned showed it in their replies. i didnt say im doing it to spite you!! just that beeing nasty about it wont make me not want to do it.and i never was set on it i was contemplating the idea as i just cant diet.
and you did not piss me off. :hugs:

and i just HAVE to mention that if its wrong in general then i really dont see why its ok if its for religious reasons.at the time i was told my dad was in prison because his family (us) were sinners, i was depressed angry and lost hope so wanted to do it for many reasons,but religious was the biggest, at the time. it gave me some sort of control something to focus on in those long months that we didnt know if we would see him again.
no way would i do it for religion again.

Think people have over reacted. I also find it ironic that people who are doing diets ike cambridge diet andliving off VERY low cal and low carb shakes are saying how stupid it is lol

Think people have over reacted. I also find it ironic that people who are doing diets ike cambridge diet andliving off VERY low cal and low carb shakes are saying how stupid it is lol

i dont have a clue about the cambridge thats why i didnt say anything about it! but theres really no point judging other peoples diets.
i used to do low cal,my mum used to do atkins, i was messed up when i was obsesed with counting calories,and chewing my food a certain amount of times, but when i fasted i didnt think about anything of the sort, and its not just weight loss,it rids your body of toxins,i would probarly even stop smoking and fizzy drinks if i do a fast so i really only see benefits. and i never said i will do it for 20 days again! maybe just 5 or 4 whatever! i dont see it as dangerous, i see it as another diet,there are forums dedicated to it websites,religions!its dangerous if you dont research it and like i did eat alot at the end of it.sorry blah went of topic! :dohh:

Just because you don't have the extra pounds doesn't make it healthy. I googled this cambridge diet and was a little shocked and frightened that some of you are putting your body through that. If you look at scientific studies and non-biased reviews, you'll find that organ failure can eventually result.

Ketogenic is used during the tail ends of bodybuilding or figure competitions preparation, it is not meant to sustain your body in the long run. Carb depletion is NOT a long-term solution!!!

Eating healthy and exercising DOES work if you stick with it and make it a lifestyle change.

My friend was almost hospitalised due to CD and lost most of her hair!! And maaaan was she grumpy :D

If u looked into the diet you would see that it is scientifically formulated that although your body goes into ketosis your body is taking is a sufficient amount of carbs and 100% vitamins and minerals that your body could need!
If the diet was that bad it wouldnt have won a food excellence award in 2009 if it was deemed unhealthy!

sorry to gatecrash orginal post but not fair to link cambridge and starving yourself together they are 2 completely different things!!!!

Lou
xxx

It won a business award for "developing it's primary networking market, and improvements made within it's production efficiency". Nothing to do with the promotion of health.

I wasn't even referring to diets like the CD. I was specifically talking about fasting, so I'm not sure why the CD has been brought into it. I even said in my first post that at least this diets people eat something, and don't fast. No one else linked CD and fasting.

wow.

I hope I am not one of the people who offended you. I only said what I did because I don't want something bad to happen to you. What I said was said out of concern, not anger or to be nasty. Obviously a lot of people think fasting is a bad idea and I think that is because it generally is a bad idea (as a diet plan, once again I have nothing to say about doign it for religious reasons.)

I think people say what they do our of concern rather than just trying to be mean for no reason. Maybe they (or we) are being a little harsh because it is very dangerous and we are generally concerned for you.

the fact that it was for religious reasons before is irrelevant because that isnt the case now. i didnt mention in the first post im doing it for weight loss?
i didnt consider your post nasty hun :) if it wa just concern for me they wouldnt be saying i only posted for a reaction. :growlmad: those who were conserned showed it in their replies. i didnt say im doing it to spite you!! just that beeing nasty about it wont make me not want to do it.and i never was set on it i was contemplating the idea as i just cant diet.
and you did not piss me off. :hugs:

and i just HAVE to mention that if its wrong in general then i really dont see why its ok if its for religious reasons.at the time i was told my dad was in prison because his family (us) were sinners, i was depressed angry and lost hope so wanted to do it for many reasons,but religious was the biggest, at the time. it gave me some sort of control something to focus on in those long months that we didnt know if we would see him again.
no way would i do it for religion again.

I'm glad you are not angry with me. :thumbup:
The reason I thought things were different if it was for religious reasons is because although, even for religious reasons, I consider it unhealthy, I have no right to comment on someone's personal religious choice and say they are "bad" or "wrong."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"