Fat all over!

Babyluck

Reaction score
Hi,

I know I'm probably really silly for doing it but I was just trying some maternity clothes on that a friend gave me when I came across a pair of my size 14 shorts from last year and decided to try them on...Bad idea! I had to literally squeeze my bum and legs in them, they were so tight and there was a massive gap between the button and button hole.:cry:

I'm 18+3 weeks pregnant and feel like I've put on weight EVERYWHERE, bum, thighs, hips...I don't mind the belly as thats where I'm meant to put it on.

Does anyone else feel like this? I am just wishing I had left the shorts alone...Its totally got me down! :-( :cry:

Don't get me wrong I love being pregnant and wouldn't change it for the world, but I worry about being huge towards the end and after I've had the baby!:cry:

Awww sweetie I feel exactly the same, My arms look more pregnant than the rest of me! Lmao.. But try not to worry to much just pack your usual clothes away to save putting yourself through the stress again and remember you will have loads of time afterwards to loose weight :) xx

I also feel the same! I have back fat now, I have ALWAYS had a fairly sculpted, gorg back... And now it is terrible. Oh and you will NEVER catch me in a shortsleeve shirt, my arms are too fatty. :(

I think it evens out with time.

I feel your pain! I think by butt is gaining baby weight more than anything else!

I did what others suggested - just put away all the clothes that don't fit so I don't have to pick through them every day trying to find something to wear!

Oh torture! Agree with the others - As soon as clothes get a bit tight I put them away and don't touch them again until my mat clothes get baggy after LO. I did this with my running shorts last week because I remembered them being pretty loose last year - but nope! More like painted on! :( So they are gone until next summer!! xx

Thanks for your replies ladies, its nice to know that I'm not alone. Is it normal to put weight on your bum and legs aswell as your belly??? xxx

Some people put on weight everywhere and others just the belly. Some women even lose weight everywhere else! It totally depends on the person and the pregnancy. With my last I put on weight just in the tummy, but so far this one I have gained all over. :shrug:

Also I tend to gain lots of water weight during pregnancy - especially on my legs! And the good thing about water weight is that is goes pretty much within 48h of having LO! xx

Thanks Sun...Lets just hope it does all go once LO is here. xxx

Yeah I second the water weight statement, Drinking lots of water helps to keep it at bay though and makes it easier to loose it afterwards I found with my daughter :) In my case its pretty do-able because when I'm pregnant I'm always super thirsty lol xx

Tell me about it! My bum has gotten huuuuuuuuuuge!!

yes! count me in! my hips & thighs got bigger during the 1st tri, even without gaining a pound. now, i just feel huge all over, including the arms!!

i hope the water weight theory is correct.

Oh im the same. On my last 2 pregnancies i just got a bump, my bum, hips back etc all stayed the same back got slightly wider but only by an inch or 2 this time though Im going outwards instead of getting nice neat bump like i did before. I wasnt expecting to get so wide because it didnt happen on the boys, on the boys i was still able to fit into my pre pregnancy sz8 low rise jeans at 36wks, from the back i never looked pregnant but my bump was like a big basket ball up my top:haha:

This time by bum, hips and back have gotten soooo wide.

Thank god it's not just me! I feel like changing my name to 'wide load' now! My bum and thighs have gotten huuuuuuge! lol

I've put it down to the fact that I'm having a girl though???

Thank god it's not just me! I feel like changing my name to 'wide load' now! My bum and thighs have gotten huuuuuuge! lol

I've put it down to the fact that I'm having a girl though???

I have heard that with a girl you getting wider and it was true for a few friends of mine. I dont know what i am having yet, but i wasnt like this with the boys i had a proper boy bump iykwim.

I feel the same. I'm wearing maternity clothes which are comfortable and fit ok but I wanted to wear my linen trousers sooo... I put them on, I can get them on and do them up under the bump but they look horrid! A friend of mine is still wearing her own clothes just under the bump - booooo! I think my ass is also pregnant lol

I feel the same. I'm wearing maternity clothes which are comfortable and fit ok but I wanted to wear my linen trousers sooo... I put them on, I can get them on and do them up under the bump but they look horrid! A friend of mine is still wearing her own clothes just under the bump - booooo! I think my ass is also pregnant lol

I got fab linen trousers in Primark they are so so comfy the waistband is elasticated the whole way around, i had to get them in 2 sizes bigger than my pre pregnancy size due to expanding bum, hips and back :roll:

I got fab linen trousers in Primark they are so so comfy the waistband is elasticated the whole way around, i had to get them in 2 sizes bigger than my pre pregnancy size due to expanding bum, hips and back :roll:

Oooooh Thanks, I'm gonna go into Primark next time I'm close and try and get some :D

I can sympathise ladies, i lost 5 stone and counting before i found out i was pregnant, now i feel as fat as ever all over the place its horrible

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->