Favourite comfort food

Anything with carbs. My favourite at the moment is honey sandwich with lots of butter

Cous cous! It's my go-to food when I need properly filling up. Total comfort food.
I like it with dashi stock, white vinegar, toasted sesame oil and soy sauce with a sprinkle of shichimi powder. And some dried shiitake mushrooms and chopped spring onion if I can be bothered with the effort :lol:
Bit of a weird combo and sounds like it should taste nicer with sticky rice (but it doesn't!)
Ooh I'm craving now!

PS fish finger butties are amaze! Haven't had one in yeeeaars.

Oh yeah and definitely has to be real butter on toast. But chips and cheese is my drunk food, well chips cheese and gravy x

Mine too :D It makes amazinggg comfort food as well though! I love mine with a mixture of ketchup and BBQ sauce :blush: :haha:

^mmm bacon sandwich!

Roast dinner at my mum's or beef stew with yorkshies and mash with lots of gravy!

Apple pie and ice cream

Buttered toast

Mashed potato with loads of milk and butter in and very finely diced raw onion added in to it.

Chili dogs. Hands down. With lots of cheese and onions.

Closely followed by a really good cheeseburger, especially one done with whiskey or bourbon sauce. Mac n Cheese mixed with smoked sausage, tomatoes and onion.

I also love a good pastrami sandwich on rye, or a rueben.

Rueben is the best sandwich I have ever had!! I had one when I visited my sister in the States a few years ago - it was gorgeous! I've tried to recreate it here, but I haven't found the same corned beef (or sauerkraut, or bread :( ) and have produced a few substandard copies :haha: It was by far the best sandwich ever and I'm looking forward to another when I get back over there!

My fave comfort food is creamy mash with spring onions or a really good pizza :)

This may sound weird but any sort of soupy, lentily stew. Something like daal goes down well when i'm feeling blue :p

This may sound weird but any sort of soupy, lentily stew. Something like daal goes down well when i'm feeling blue :p

Yesss I totally get you. Stews and soups are so comforting. A huge bowl of chunky minestrone soup with a big piece of tiger bread is probably my most comforting meal!

Chicken and curry supernoodles mixed.together with cheese on, yuuuum!

Nachos with hot cheese sauce!

Oh, I totally forgot. I absolutely love homemade thin crust ham and cheese pizza. The dough is a b**ch to make and is a bit of a process but once the steaming pile of cheese and meat comes out of the oven you forget all the work you did to get there.

I also fancy snickers every now and again. :D

Chili dogs. Hands down. With lots of cheese and onions.

Closely followed by a really good cheeseburger, especially one done with whiskey or bourbon sauce. Mac n Cheese mixed with smoked sausage, tomatoes and onion.

I also love a good pastrami sandwich on rye, or a rueben.

Rueben is the best sandwich I have ever had!! I had one when I visited my sister in the States a few years ago - it was gorgeous! I've tried to recreate it here, but I haven't found the same corned beef (or sauerkraut, or bread :( ) and have produced a few substandard copies :haha: It was by far the best sandwich ever and I'm looking forward to another when I get back over there!

My fave comfort food is creamy mash with spring onions or a really good pizza :)

At home recreations are never quite the same. Also, a lot of delis make their own sauerkraut and the canned stuff is just not the same, either. I prefer them from a restaurant, myself and rarely make them at home.

A decent dish I came across recently took chicken breasts and layered swiss cheese, kraut and thousand island dressing over top and baked. It was actually quite good.

And thought of another one, kinda. More of an alternate topping for hot dogs. Coleslaw. As a kid, I made "eww gross" faces about it whenever my mom did it, but eventually she got me to try it. sooo good.

Chicken and curry supernoodles mixed.together with cheese on, yuuuum!

Hahaaa this is the ultimate for me!! OH thinks i'm totally weird, but the sloppier the better and it tastes amazing with soy sauce on too!!

xo

I love melting nutella in microwave then spreading it on rich tea biscuits

Chocolate, Chinese food (I eat way too many takeaways) and dunking biscuits. Unfortunately all those are very limited these days lol :(

Anything takeaway-ey. I love chinese, kebab, dominos. Anythings thats bad for you is my comfort food :blush:

Macaroni and cheese-preferably homemade, but the boxed stuff will do in a pinch. Mashed potatoes and gravy. Pepperoni pizza. Fried chicken. Basically anything with carbs.
I follow the South Beach Diet guidelines normally, so all of the above foods are a real treat....problem is I am normally miserable and feel guilty afterwards

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->