Favourite Healthy Foods

Hopeful.89

1DS + Pregnant!
Reaction score
Hey All!

I am 12 weeks tomorrow, and having a really hard time eating healthy, I usually love healthy food! However in the last 6 weeks I have not been able to eat well at all, I used to eat at least 5 cucumber per week but not the thought of cucumber makes me sick!

The only foods that seem appetizing to me is pasta, fries, pizza, and all those unhealthy foods, I need to get on track and I want to but the thought of spinach makes me ill! If it weren't for smoothies I would hardly get any nutrients some days!

I love fruit still, which is a bonus.

Please give me some healthy food ideas that work for you!

I love to mash up black beans, spread it across a tortilla with a sprinkling of cheese, and bake it in the oven. I can pretend like it's a taco, but full of good protein!

I wish I could help, Hopeful, but unfortunately I'm in the same boat. :(

I have found I can tolerate small glasses of V8 juice, so I drink at least one a day to get some extra veggies in that I normally wouldn't. But these days, that's about as healthy as it gets!

Oh I fail at healthy eating quite splendidly. Lately I've been sauteing everything with butter and garlic or smothering it in cheese. I am getting veggies in so that has to count for something, right?

Tonight's menu is a ground turkey, sweet potato skillet, with onion, chili powder, and monterrey jack.

I'm only at 4 weeks, and already craving nothing but Smashburger so we'll see how I fair once the nausea kicks in.

Thanks for a few ideas ladies!!! I appreciate it!

I love V8 juice! But I very rarely buy it, I will stop and pick some up on my way home.

I did make homemade chicken noodle soup this week loaded with veggies and chicken but I am now sick of it! ha ha.

Also I am glad I am not the only one not able to eat healthy!

I also try to buy organic as much as possible. So if I'm craving mac and cheese, I buy organic mac and cheese...it makes me feel like I'm not being quite as unhealthy.

At least you still like fruit! I can only do plums, so I eat one a day. But no other fruit agrees with me.

ahhh... in the small town I live in we are pretty limited with organic food, however all of our veggies are local!

Oh the thought of plums makes me sick haha but frozen rasberries, blackberries, grapes & watermelon are what has been getting me through! Oh and cantaloupe!

When I was in the nausea stage, I ate red grapes by the pound. I also love to freeze them, it's like eating healthy ice cream.

When I was in the nausea stage, I ate red grapes by the pound. I also love to freeze them, it's like eating healthy ice cream.

Grapes were one of my absolute favorite foods pre-pregnancy. Now I can't stand them! Sad but true.

Have you tried any grapefruit? It's really the only "healthy" food I can manage right now! I get the kind that are pre sliced in water so there's none of that really sugary taste.

Also... popcorn. I've been eating a ton of popcorn. There's something about popcorn that makes you feel like you're eating unhealthy (thinking about movie popcorn mostly), but when you make it at home without the butter it's not bad at all!

I love Popcorn!! However my guts don't...and the only way I like it is loaded with butter and dill pickle seasoning! Ha Ha but it has been something I have been able to keep down! :)

Oooh I love popcorn and now you make me want to have some with dill. I don't have dill pickle seasoning but I bet dill and salt would be yummy.

And I personally am in the camp that sees butter as healthy so I eat as much non GMO popcorn with organic grass fed butter amend himilayan salt as I want without feeling guilty ;)

I've not really been hit with a carb craving just yet (and thank goodness since I'm only eating a couple types of unprocessed grains so breads and pastas are out). I'm eating a tonne of fresh raw veggies ATM as snacks (when I'm not eating popcorn lol) or Greek yoghurt with frozen berries, or homemade trail mix. Lunches I like to make chicken or tuna or egg salad wraps in an ice berg lettuce leaf.
Breakfast I alternate between bacon, eggs and potato and capsicum hash and warm chia pudding with frozen fruit for breakfast, and dinners I haven't been having any issue cooking as usual.
In the summer I love green smoothies either for breakfast or a mid morning snack, but its winter here right now so I can't even think about them lol.

Just discovered. I am getting on really well with avocado and plain Greek yoghurt (not together).

I'm still suffering from some nausea, and have absolutely no appetite, so lately I've been having a lot of home made fruit smoothies to make up for the healthy foods I can't or don't always get in.

It usually consists of

1 fresh Banana
1 handful of frozen strawberries
a cup of greek vanilla yogurt/or orange juice/or 2% milk
a few almonds or some peanut butter
and some honey to naturally sweeten it all

I've been eating a ton of veggie straws or chips instead of regular potato chips, and making white bean dip (from David Lebovitz's recipe). I'm not really into white beans otherwise, but it's olive oil-y and garlic-y and creamy, plus any time I'm eating dip I feel like it's naughty food!

I am going to try eat really healthy this pregnancy. Only early days for me to no morning sickness to battle with yet. I have just made pumpking, spinach and quinoa patties for lunch which are delish and yesterday made some yummy Cacao Power Balls which are a nice healthy treat with my tea.

I have a juicer so going to try make a juice daily with carrot, apple, banana, celery etc to boost vitamins. I know super healthy- let's see how long it lasts! Last pregnancy I craved hash browns and hot chips :blush:

I'm still suffering from some nausea, and have absolutely no appetite, so lately I've been having a lot of home made fruit smoothies to make up for the healthy foods I can't or don't always get in.

It usually consists of

1 fresh Banana
1 handful of frozen strawberries
a cup of greek vanilla yogurt/or orange juice/or 2% milk
a few almonds or some peanut butter
and some honey to naturally sweeten it all

Yum! Going to try this one!

It is so funny because before my Pregnancy I had a fruit smoothie every morning, now I gag when I drink them, which really sucks because I absolutely love them!! I think I am going to try and work them back into my diet this week as well!

I indulged in lobster and steak on the weekend and it was amazing!!!

I also made a really healthy (not) jalapeno bacon popper dip which I crushed the whole thing. It was absolutely delicious but I think my guts will pay for it a little bit.

This week I am hoping to incorporate more fresh veggies into my diet and chicken breast!

I tried popcorn with dill last night - wow so yummy! Dh loved it too.

mmm... Popcorn with Dill is my absolute weakness. Especially when it is Buttery Popcorn! I am glad you enjoyed it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->