Favourite Healthy Foods

I ate veggie soup for lunch today and it made me so sick. Lesson learned, healthy food is not happening yet.

LOL! Soup is usually a good go to food!

I had a huge homemade burger (dipped in gravy) It was glorious and amazing haha!

Tonight I am having chicken breast, rice and fresh peas from the garden. *We will see how that goes, lol*

I had crustlesss quiche tonight - 2 red, 1 yellow and 1 green capsicum sauteed with onion and bacon and garlic, topped with cheese and then scrambled egg with milk. Yum!

Also I remembered that another nice way to have popcorn without butter is popped in coconut oil. :thumbup: (sorry I have a one track mind when it comes to popcorn lol)

My mornings smoothies are making me get through it. I use no sugar added frozen fruit, unsweetened coconut milk, whey protein powder, a spoonful of coconut oil and about 1/2 Tb of chia/ flax seeds, so much good stuff and the coconut oil gives me energy for my workout. Coconut fat is a really good for you.

My mornings smoothies are making me get through it. I use no sugar added frozen fruit, unsweetened coconut milk, whey protein powder, a spoonful of coconut oil and about 1/2 Tb of chia/ flax seeds, so much good stuff and the coconut oil gives me energy for my workout. Coconut fat is a really good for you.

Mmm that sounds really good! I have been making little energy balls with a lot of those same ingredients and have them with my tea- instead of a cookie.

I'm going to make pumpkin and spinach soup tonight. After feeling so sick last night after home made pad Thai I think I need something light.

I've also been snacking on fresh wholemeal bread with avocado and light sprinkle of salt yum!

I'm also totally off veggies, which is sad because it's the only time of year here where we can get really good tasting ones. Berries and fruits (peaches) are great, though, and I've been eating lots of avocado. That said, while eating healthy is important in pregnancy, you don't need to worry too much about it, especially while you're having aversions. The aversions will go away, at which point it will be so much easier for you to actually eat the foods you need/want to. If you can stomach your prenatal vitamins, do it, but don't worry too much about eating healthy if it makes you sick!

For what it's worth, last pregnancy I got so sick that I could only eat junk 1st trimester. Then, because I had lost so much weight in 1st trimester, my midwife suggested I eat daily cake and ice cream, and not try to eat too much healthy food.

All this is to say I love this thread, and I hope we can all find healthy foods we can stomach, but if not, it'll still be OK :)

I am so happy that I am finally craving some veggies, tonight for supper I am making roasted Onions, Bell Peppers, Asparagus & Broccoli on the BBQ I cannot wait!!

Also this weekend the one thing I couldn't get enough of was dill pickles...DH brought them to me at midnight on Saturday because I woke up wanting them in the worst way!

I don't know why but I want sour cream on almost everything now. So the opposite of healthy.

Too Funny! I used to eat Sea Salt and Malt Vinegar chips dipped in sour cream! I loved it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->