Fckh8

catty

Reaction score
JUST CURIOUS TO SEE WHAT USE THOUGHT OF THIS VIDEO

https://fckh8.myshopify.com/

I love it. If my daughter was of age, I would let her be in a video like that.

There are a lot of things waaaaay more fucked up than bad language and people are really happy to ignore them or not be shocked by them. I think it's good to know the value of being able to judge when to speak politely, but frankly, I am regularly known to employ profanity and it hasn't held me back in life one bit.

Hmmm... I'm not sure. I thought the video was funny but I don't think it's appropriate for kids that age to be saying fuck and I wouldn't want my daughters (or son if i ever have one) to be saying it until they are much older. I can see why they did it in the video, it's for publicity and it worked, but in real life if I heard a child saying it I wouldn't think it's something to be proud about.

I swear way too much but not a chance I'd allow my kids to swear like that.

I dont like it & I dont even think it is funny. I hate using anger, swearing & a defensive aggressive approach to pass a message.

As for swearing, I dont swear & my husband doesn't, it is not ok if my son swears even when he's older.

But what about the actual message of the video? Isn't the whole point that we are getting hung up on the wrong things?

I have watched it quite a few times, i still dont know what to make of it. I just dont really see the point in the swearing, little children could say the same thing minus the swearing?
The bit where she says 'i should have needed a penis to get paid' and the rape part is a bit awkward to watch.

However it is sending a message as iv watched it quite a few times

The point of the swearing is that it gets people to actually pay attention. They could say the same thing without swearing but nobody would pay attention, as evidenced by the fact that women have been saying exactly the same thing for the past 30 years and STILL nothing much has changed!

The point of the little girls swearing is to start the conversation. The first thing everyone says is "OMG little girls swearing, how shocking!" And then some people can say "Really? The swearing was the MOST shocking thing that came out of their mouths? How about the fact that 1 in 5 girls and women is sexually assaulted? Isn't that a more shocking thing for a little girl to say? And if it isn't more shocking, why not?"

I second Larkspur. And if people cannot see past the swearing they have completely missed the point and likely the important message within. I'm not a habitual swearer but sometimes a profanity to go with a sentence has the effect of adding emphasis, urgency and attention to what is being said.

Don't agree with the swearing, and don't agree with the messages behind the video either.

Most of the video to me screams female supremacy, not female equality. And don't get me started on the bullshit about women are paid less.

Nowadays particularly In the US, the are equal amounts of rapes/sexual assaults on MEN as there are on WOMEN. But apparently, women suffer more so we just must teach our sons that it's wrong to rape.

Awful video, with awful messages.

Don't agree with the swearing, and don't agree with the messages behind the video either.

Most of the video to me screams female supremacy, not female equality. And don't get me started on the bullshit about women are paid less.

Nowadays particularly In the US, the are equal amounts of rapes/sexual assaults on MEN as there are on WOMEN. But apparently, women suffer more so we just must teach our sons that it's wrong to rape.

Awful video, with awful messages.
Do you have any evidence for your claim that women are not paid less, or that men suffer sexual assault just as often as women? Because those are pretty well established facts.

Also, how is it female supremacy to ask for equal rights?

When a job is advertised, the pay is indicated, without any regard to who will apply. And I'll also widely dispute the 23% figure! that to me is completely made up rubbish....there's no evidence for that anywhere. I'm not saying it's not happening but a few percent for the high end jobs really is not an argument for 'equal pay'

https://www.payscale.com/gender-lifetime-earnings-gap
https://www.topmanagementdegrees.com/women-dont-make-less/

It's all job relative as well, at the age of 24 I was earning £50k, my cousin same age earning £6p/h in a cafe. Typically women CHOOSE less paying jobs, and the jobs higher up pay an advertised rate regardless of gender.

I also think it's wrong that people any think of men as rapists and peodophiles. Women are frightened to walk alone, won't get in taxis.....we mustn't teach our sons to rape is just a bunch of crap. CHILDREN must be taught good from wrong regardless of gender.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/cifamerica/2012/feb/21/us-more-men-raped-than-women

I don't agree with the video, or messages in it. The swearing is obscene, not the main issue obviously, the princess bit is a bunch of crap...why are there no boys in the video, because they're not allowed to be princesses.

I don't think this video represents female equality at all, it's wanting women to be better than men...some sort of female supremacy. Male, female aren't equal, we're different and do different things, and are supposed to be a harmonious team. The best person gets the job, the best person should raise children etc gender doesn't matter.

I think pay is a bit more complicated than what's advertised on the ad. For a start, a lot of ads don't advertise pay, the number on an ad is only an indication, and many jobs are never actually advertised at all.

There is substantial evidence for the 23 percent figure BUT it is an average. To me that still indicates that there are issues of inequality to deal with. If women are paid less as a group because they are in lower value professions, are primary child carers, are discriminated against by employers and have lower negotiating skills or capability, are those still not issues worth addressing?

As for the article about men and women being raped in equal numbers, that's a sensationalist headline, and the article actually goes on to pick apart that claim. Either way, if the statistics show that more men are being raped, it is (per that article) still largely men doing the raping. So we are back to the issue.

I don't understand the sentence "Men and women are not equal, we're different." There is a difference between "equal" and "the same".

Oh, and there is a boy in the video at the end, making the exact point that if boys dress up like princesses they get told to stop acting like a girl... As if being a girl is something to be ashamed of. It certainly isn't feminists who take issue with boys dressing up as princesses.

My apologies about the boy at the end then, my video froze and I assumed it was going to end around hen anyway so I missed the boy. I think that's a non issue really though, in my world anyway. Here people can dress how they please as long as they are happy. We have a few men in my town who dress how they wish which is usually in girls clothes, we all know them and to us they're John, Tristan & Anthony. We dont care what they wear, nor does the rest of the town so that's never been an issue to me. Young babies come to baby group dressed in princess outfits because that's what they chose. So I see clothes as a non issue.

I'm from an industry where every job the pay is indicated from the £21k graduate entry to the £150k head of department, I've also never had a different figure from advertised, in fact I've usually managed to negotiate more (reference the £50k job, this was advertised at £44k and I managed a significant rise in pay because I'm so good at what I do....therefore I was the right one for the job over and above any male who applied).

Why are women in lower paid? Usually, down to choice. IMO anyway. They can go to Uni and get degrees, and get good jobs....this is my experience. Primary caregiver, again is down to choice. It was decided the man should work because there WAS a time when men earnt and that was that. But I do believe times have changed and a strong willed woman can make her own choices, and make her own path without crying discrimination when they don't manage it.

Eta: with regards to rape, I don't dispute majority of me are rapists, I know I haven't said that before but I do very much disagree with the video in which it only implies we must teach boys not to rape. That sentence I do not like.

I don't like the video, never will, think any parent willing to put their child forward for that needs to have their parenting questioned personally, and I don't agree with some of the messages, they make it seem very much black and white, when it's not.

It sounds like you live in a very tolerant community and work in a well-paid profession with an extremely predictable pay scale, which is great. However it's possibly not a very accurate reflection of the world that many, many other women experience, even in modern First World democracies. I think the issues raised in the video go beyond your immediate experience, but that's not to say they are invalid.

I don't fully dispute these issues just massively dispute the way this video goes about it and I do believe exaggerates for nothing more than shock value. All it's doing is getting a few people talking and I'd propabably put money on the fact absolutely nothing will change where there are issues as a result of this video.

Better ways to go about making the world a better place for EVERYONE, not just females

Just to add, even though I have looked into the issues and don't agree, I do imagine my strong negative reaction to this video is a direct result of the swearing.

For me, you're not worthy of a discussion/debate/argument if you can't do so without swearing.

Oh, I agree that there are (many) times and places where swearing is inappropriate. I don't swear in front of my parents, I don't even swear in front of OH's parents who curse like sailors, I wouldn't swear in a job interview. But I think almost everyone swears from time to time when they have strong feelings about something... even you, Sue? And the makers of the video are trying to say that these are issues that women, even little girls, should feel strongly about, because they have lifetime implications.

If I was in this video, then no I would say I would never ever swear. I feel strongly about stubbing my toes, and therefore definitely let out an F word (unless I am anywhere near my child), and I do occasionally write f 'star star' k when I'm typing on websites but in an argument, debate or discussion on something I was trying desperately to get my point across and change something for the better I would never think using a swear word is going to up my cause.

I know swearing is definitely the non issue in the concept of the video, but it did make me look further into it and completely ruined me ever agreeing to what they're trying to 'correct'

Anyway those are my feelings, won't ever change....but do let me know when there's a video with no expletives so I can really get behind the cause :lol:

The swearing was a brilliant shock tactic. It had a strong message and it was quite perfect in how it emotionally manipulated the viewer into outrage, only to turn the outrage over the swearing into an important part of the message.
I'm in Larkspur's corner on this one. Feminism has ALWAYS been about equality, not about female supremacy. I don't get women are superior to men at all from that video; I get a shout-out to wake up and demand a better world. If women aren't afraid to walk the streets at night, then ipso facto, we can assume that consent is finally being understood and sexual assault is no longer the omnipresent threat that is absolutely disproportionately a woman's concern. And if consent is understood, then little boys and men are safer from the threat of assault, too. In fact, even safer, as the shame issues involved with male rape tend to push victims way deeper into hiding. If we can understand consent and victims know that it wasn't their fault, then maybe all those scary stats will start to change.
If it's no longer an insult to tell a little boy that he's acting like a girl, then I don't have to get out my bat to defend my sons who enjoy ballet and My Little Ponies as much as they like trucks and dinosaurs.
The equality feminism asks for does address fairness for men. More often than not, we're looking at two sides of the same coin, with both sexes suffering from the misogyny.

However, having praised the film, I do agree that Sue has a very good point. The use of profanity and children definitely runs the risk of shutting people off to your message. It's offensive enough to many that I do wonder how many people didn't even bother to listen past the first few f-bombs.
Also.... I came across this from Ms Magazine.
https://msmagazine.com/blog/2014/10/24/fckh8-exploits-little-girls-to-sell-t-shirts/
It has definitely affected my thoughts on the film, if it is indeed a commercial enterprise and not strictly a not-for-profit. Do you think the writer of the article is right? Is this exploitation because it is commercial?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->