February 2013 babies

No more babies here either. I think I'm blessed to have 4, considering I had to have fertility treatment for my first. Couldn't put my body through it again, it's definitely had enough,lol!
So good to see everyone is doing so well :). Jude was 9 weeks yesterday and had his first immunisations. He cried most of the afternoon, bless him. Proper tears, I felt so sorry for him. Pleased to say he's a much happier chap today.
Finding things a little easier now as he's not so demanding for food or cuddles and will quite happily spend more time on his activity mat. He prefers lying flat to being in his chair, unlike all the others who liked to be upright. The best thing is that he seems to save his best gummy grins for his siblings who just adore him.

Congrats PM on your DD pregnancy, that's fantastic news and wow how exciting for you, you've got a lot going on!

PM - congratulations on your daughter's pregnancy, sounds like it's all going smoothly so fingers crossed that it continues like that. You must be exhausted moving house and clearing out your previous one while trying to look after Annalise. Puts me feeling tired to shame!

Megan is 7 weeks now too and can't believe how well she has fitted into life here. She has big smiles for her Daddy and big brother just like Jude Bumpity.

I'm constantly amazed by how much Euan loves his little sister - earlier tonight just after I'd got Megan settled into her basket and was doing Euan's bedtime stories, she stirred a little (had the monitor with me in Euan's room) so he said I'll go to her and I could hear him on the monitor saying 'Don't worry Megan, your big brother's here, it's ok'. It almost brought me to tears it was so sweet :cloud9:

PM - I've suggested to DH about going for the 'op' and he has agreed to look into it. There will be a waiting list so hopefully he'll think about it quickly!!

I guess we are all so very busy with our babies.

It's been nice and for the most part things are going very well. i find I am alot calmer this time around. I really can't believe that I just had a baby. It seems so far away.

I cannot believe how fast Thomas is growing and how quickly time is flying. SLOW DOWN!!

If your baby cried (lots!) and even goes red in the face, no noise , then massive cries what would you do? I don't seem to be able to console him sometimes. Some people say leave him to self settle but I don't want to if it is mean - it will be so hard to do!

Lindylou; Someone once said to when baby has a crying attack and is so upset breaking the pattern might help him get distracted enough to calm down. I heard to gently blow in their face to catch attention. Then take care of the next item like feeding or whatever.

I trick my little one with petting his hair and stoking his cheek. It distracts him then I try to feed or carry. He absolutely hates the car and carseat. Trips in the car are so long and then he is hysterical and red in the face. I have to kind of reset him...Sometimes it works for a little while and then sometimes he is just too worked up.

Luckily my little guy won't say no to the boob. Even during mass hysteria he seems to calm enough. I have a joke with my husband that my plan is just to feed him until he bursts on those days that it is tough..

Hope it helps.

Hi All! How is everyone getting on? Does everyone else feel time is flying. I can't believe we are already half way through May! Jude is such a little person now and I'm loving it. He chuckles so easily and is ticklish too. I hope his personality carries on this way :) The only problem I'm having is he is refusing the bottle. I'm trying to give him one bottle in the evening to give me a break and start the weaning process, but when I do it's the only time he screams and cries like mad :( He's quite a big boy and needs feeding every three hours day and night. He was going through the night but now he's hungry again. I can't wait until I can wean him, hopefully it will fill him up more. He's the only LO of mine that refused a dummy so he's not been used to having something else in his mouth. Anyone else had the same problem?

Hi bumpity. Time is going too fast! I'm still totally bd Thomas. Bit unsure how to ween and introduce bottles. HV said to express but its so confusing! Sorry can't help. Xxx

Hi Lindy! Yes I heard that you should offer the bottle with your own milk and someone else give it to him. It's just so time consuming. Jude has taken three different types of bottles for about two days each then decides he doesn't want it anymore and goes mad if I try. I always wean gradually off the breast, dropping one feed at a time. I wanted to start now and be finished by 6 months as going on holiday. One tip I can give you is to leave the early morning feed as the last one to drop as that's when you least want to sort a bottle out and you can stay snuggled up in bed :)
Noticed you've got a weight loss ticker. I've started a diet this week as need to lose a stone too. Good luck with it xx

What diet are you doing? Mine is sort of to pot this week as it was my birthday- any excuse!! Doing slimming world but don't go to classes. Find this weight so stubborn. Want to get my weight back down before pregnant again!! Think I want to keep night Nd morning feed. It's the daytime ones that tie you down. Feel bad stopping though. I know this sounds pathetic but my SIL has been bf for 13 months now. Also the feeding is something just for me and Thomas and worried he will be less bonded to me if I stop. Stupid and insecure I know!! Xxx

6-8 weeks is the window of opportunity for introducing a bottle with the least chance of it being rejected. I had to go back to work at that time anyway, so Samuel gets bottles during the day from his dad. We use the NUK brand which seem to work really well for babies who also breast feed. Also, babies are more likely to take a bottle if mom isn't offering it or around because they know the real deal is right there, so will often refuse when they know that mom is an option.
Samuel is on the smaller side, but is a frequent eater. He'll do a 4-5 hour block of sleep first thing and then usually wakes up every 2 hours after that to eat and at most goes 3 hours during the day. I can't imagine having a baby that slept the night this early on. Samuel is an infinitely better sleeper than Gabriel was at any point in his first year.
I plan to BLW just like I did with Gabriel, so no food until he's 6 months old. I never found that feeding more made them sleep better and while I'm sure some babies sleep the night, I think that's just unusually lucky for those parents and not to be expected.
I'm hoping to breast feed Samuel until he's 2 years old, but Gabriel self weaned at 22 months, so however long he wants is OK by me.
I'm trying not to lose weight. I'm already below where I want to be, so I'm the opposite and trying to gain (healthy) weight or at least maintain my current weight. I was doing ok for a while and then got the flu and now I can't seem to get back up to where I was.
Good luck to those of you working on losing weight. I hope you have good success.

Yeh it's funny that Jude woud take a bottle when he was little but now prefers the real deal :). I couldn't BF for that long. Jude is a hungry boy and I know he will need solids before 6 months. Seity, do you express for when your at work or does Samuel have formula? I find expressing tedious so am amazed with women who seem to manage to fit it in easily.
Lindy, don't worry if you give up BF before your SIL. I've read that your body is depleated of its iron stores by around 6 months and that's why they recommend babies are started to be weaned onto solids by then. So if your giving him formula you know he's getting his iron. So there is bonuses I guess. I'm doing SW too! I don't go to classes either but am doing it online. This is my first week so we will see. I like the idea of SW while BF as its just healthy eating and as much as you like. I feel like having something sweet right now, am fighting it........

I go home for an hour at lunch time so I can nurse Samuel. I also hand express once in the afternoon for 15 minutes at work and usually get enough for one of his bottles the next day. Pumps don't work for me for some reason. A benefit to that is I express right into the bottle and there's no clean up after. Next day my husband just has to warm the bottle up. We give formula for any other feedings he wants while I'm at work.
I combo fed my first because I had a low milk supply, so even though it's much better this time around, it's easier not to stress about pumping/expressing for every daytime feed.

Time is really flying by. I have a friend being induced in two days and I can't even believe that was me a few months ago. Seth just started giggling on Mothers Day. Not for me but for my husband. I am waiting to get a good giggle all to myself. I just adore him.

I would like to slow down time but got sucked into a project. After next week I am going to slow it down.

I too am on a weight loss plan. I haven't lost any weight after two weeks post partum. I lost about 17 lbs but have the rest. Sadly I started overweight so should really lose around 40. Breastfeeding makes me so hungry. I know that will go down by month 6 but next month is my 45th birthday and I want to not feel it. Still can't fit into pre maternity clothes but getting close...

Is anyone else having a hard time ? With eating from breastfeeding ?

Will get a new pump next week and start slowly stockpiling milk for the fall, when I go back to school. Hopefully I can handle all this and not be stressed.

I was really hungry to begin with but I think my body has adjusted. I am now trying to lose weight. I could probably do with losing up to 28lbs but will be happy with 14lbs for now.
Spoke to the health visitor about Jude's absolute refusal of the bottle and how he has a complete meltdown if I put the teat anywhere near his mouth. She's told me I pretty much have no chance of getting him onto a bottle as he clearly doesn't want it. Once he's being weaned and taking a beaker I can put milk into that. Can't believe it, thought she'd have some magic answer! He's so different from the others. They all took dummy's and bottles but he's not interested.
How's everyone's elses LO's doing?

I will be trying the bottles next week. So far I haven't pumped but I do leak alot and know it might be hard the first week I start. Don't know if he will take the bottle but I do not want him to want the bottle over me. I don't want to stop or alter my breastfeeding connection.

I joke that I will stop before middle school. I wonder how long moms pump, maybe until one year old..?

I would say probably nobody pumps after 1 year because you can give cows milk then.

I feel so bad I have been awol for so long.....things have been mad here! Dh has been bad with his asthma and things went crazy for me when Angelina Jolie announced she was a mutant like me....I did a radio interview, newspaper interview and 2 tv interviews that day and have been really busy running my online support forum.
I have really missed you all and your news! Hope I didn't offend anyone by disappearing! I Fe so terrible about it!
So what are all the gorgeous ones up to? Kitty is rolling both ways and giggles when the mood takes her! She is so smiley and happy. She sleeps really well and is adored by her brothers and sister. I can't believe she is already 4 months old!
Looking forward to being back in touch with you all xxxxxx

Hello Loompy!!! Oh I thought about you when the news about Angelina broke. It's an issue we are hearing a lot about at the moment. Think we are all busy with our LO's. Jude is a happy smiley baby too. He even laughs at himself in the mirror. He rolls onto his front but then gets stuck so I'm forever turning him over. Glad to hear all is going well with you and Kitty. :)

Bumpity, so pleased to hear from you! Jude sounds delicious! I wish we could get all the Lo together!

Samuel is doing well. Had his 4 month appt today. 12lb 3oz, 24.75 inches, and 16 in HC.
Rolls front to back only still, but gets from his back onto his side, so getting closer to rolling both ways. He's a pretty laid back kid, which is a relief compared to his brother and we're getting closer to STTN. He went 8:30-4 the other day and he gets up at 5/5:30 most days. I'm sure the 4 month sleep regression will likely kick in any day now and screw that up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->